1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Greek Lemon Chicken & Orzo

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by StaceyUK, 10 July 2010 Social URL.

1. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    This would've been even nicer with some olives in it.

2 onions, roughly chopped
    2 carrots, chopped
    1 bulb garlic, whole but slice the top off
    1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
    2 tsp greek seasoning**
    2 chicken breasts, cut in thick pieces
    1 Knorr chicken stock pot
    1 1/4 pt chicken stock made with another Knorr stock pot
    4-5 sprigs fresh tarragon, chopped
    Orzo (italian pasta) - not sure if you can get this in sainsburys/tesco - I think I got mine from an Italian shop although Waitrose might do it.

1) Heat a pan with some Frylight and add the chicken pieces and cook until golden. Add the onions, carrots and garlic and cook for a few minutes.

2) Add the stock pot and the stock and lemon slices. Cover and simmer for 20 mins.

3) Remove lid and add the orzo - about 2-3 large handfuls. Stir and replace lid. Cook for a further 10 mins. If there is too much stock, take off lid and simmer for a further 5 mins. Remove the garlic bulb and squeeze the garlic into the pan. Add the tarragon and stir.

**To make your own greek seasoning, combine the following:
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
    1 teaspoon dried mint
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
    1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
    1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    That sounds so yummy, I think I'll make that on Thursday when my sister & mum come round. I'll be making mine with quorn though as sister is vegetarian.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.