Greek Night

Butt3rb34n said:
Hi,
Does anyone have any recipes for traditional Greek food?

Thanks

I don't but would like to hear some so am bumping this

I don't have any recipes off the top of my head but from experience Greek food is pretty indulgent stuff, lots of lovely olive oil and filo pastry and honey!! There's things like Lamb kleftiko but I think frylight just wouldn't cut it. Lamb burgers could work with tzatziki and salad?

I got back from Greece on Sunday and the food is very indulgent! Can't see there would be too much that is syn free. I had a lovely dish called beef giuvetsi though which is big chunks of slow cooed beef with orzo pasta and baked in the oven in a tomato sauce. Souvlaki would be syn free as its just grilled meat and you could do a seafood spaghetti... Mussels, prawns etc with spaghetti and a tomato sauce. Meatballs could be made And I'm not sure if they would be synned but vine leaves stuffed with mince and rice and steamed were really yummy!

I am sure if you searched for Beef Stifado on any recipe site that would be good. Its like a beef and tomato casserole and it's lovely. You can also get low fat Halloumi cheese which you can grill. Greek salad is good too, you can use the oil as a HE.
Roast Lamb, jacket potato and Greek salad is one of my fav dinners.
Will def be watching this for anyone else's recipes.

I'm bumping this up as I'd like some ideas too x

Love souvlaki mmmmmmm

I had a Greek night yesterday and made Soulvakia, from the SW website, served it with a salad and the dip- all free :)
then I cooked a Beef Stifado ( a recipe from a Greek recipe book my MIL has) and the only thing I had to Syn was the red wine- used 250ml (8.5 Syns) divided it by 2 ( me and hubby) and served it with rice, meaning it was only 4.5 Syns for dinner :)

Back