Green Days Green days everyday

Mandy123

Could i lose weight if i stuck to green days, i love rice, spuds, noodles etc or is it too bulky to lose weight by just doing green days, have any ladies or gentlemen lost by just doin green?

Yep you sure can :) I lost 4.5 stone doing almost 100% green days. I do throw the odd red day in but max 2 a month as I don't really eat meat anymore after doing green days for so long.
Give it a go and see x

Hmmm loads lol

Chilli,spag bol,shepherds pie all made using quorn mince.
Pasta salads,rice salads,pasta quiche
Curry made with quorn chicken pieces
Curry loaf recipe on here

These are my regulars but do try and do a new recipe at least once a week

I've lost 7 and a half stone on mostly Green. My diary is here if youre interested in meal ideas/recipes.

I lost weight doing mostly green the first time I did SW. I do advise you have a look at Erms food diary which she mentioned above, I have been looking at it over the last couple of days and its fab, loads of yummy ideas! :)

I plan on doing only green days as I'm vegetarian so I'm hoping I continue to loose weight ok, I've lost 7.5lbs in 2 weeks

Im almost at target and only ever do green days :D

I like the idea of green as u don't have to have the 1/3 super free with meals and also the extra HE :) x

I'm on Green (with 1 red day thrown in prob once a month) ive lost 1st 12 so far since jan 1st, when i did SW last time i did 100% green days and lost 7.5 st in 18 months

It can deffo be done, we now eat a lot of quorn!!

I'm another Green dayer! I've lost just inder 3.5 stone since August and I've only had 1 non Green day in that time (I had a M2M day on Christmas day.)

Yep, 100% green with me and so far lost one and half stone this year! I do make an effort to still stick to the 1/3 super free foods though even though obviously you don't need to, not with each meal as you need to with ee but as a general over the course of the day so my diaries read roughly 2/3 free and 1/3 super free every eve before bed, this way I know I am getting more than enough of my five a day and helps keep me fuller for longer!

My fave meals are:
Quorn mince lasagne, Spinach and cottage cheese cannelloni, fritata with any veg and cheese I have around, Chick pea dhal and veg risottos, there are tonnes of recipes in the magazines, on here and on the slimming world website if you are joining a group and I find most of the ee recipes can be adapted using quorn products instead of meat too!

wow wow wow i may never do another red or ee day again, i really didnt realise having green days could be so effective, there you go! I love the fact that the lady who only loses 0.5lb or 1lb a week sticks to it because when you see all those small weight losses they certainly add up.

Sorry im a bit confused though, i know i can have an extra a and b but dont i have to have a third superfree anymore, if so thats great as i dont have to rack my brains thinking about what to have, i know that beans and peas etc are a speed food is this why or have i got it totally wrong again!:confused:

Beans (baked) & peas are free but not superfree. At the beginning, I used to get a bit confused over superspeed and superfree.

Also, if you haven't tried it yet, I would wholeheartedly recommend the Savoury Protein Mince (TVP) available from Holland & Barrett as an alternative to quorn mince. It comes in 375g bags and you only need 50g of dry weight to make 2 generous servings. I find it a preferable texture to quorn mince too.

Oh, forgot to mention, it's only £1.65 per bag too!

I've lost 6st 8lb on green days. So yes you can. X

Mandy123 said:
Ilovecake wot a brill name! Wot r your top tips for green days x

Melon is a lifesaver.
Quorn is filling.
Quorn bologneise made at the beginning of the week goes into jackets, on pasta or rice and can be frozen or converted into chilling using chilli powder and red kidney beans.
Mushrooms- I'm a mushroom addict.
Paprika on roast veg stirred through couscous.
Batch cook and freeze and load up on vegetables and fruit.
I do have to go easy on bananas and eggs but that may just be me.

Oh and I still love cake but I have less of it now lol. Good luck on your journey.

Back