Green days & superfree

Mini_Mog

Silver Member
May be a silly q, but when I was doing green days before the extra easy plan existed you didn't need to have 1/3 fruit/veg. I'm guessing this still applies?

I have had a few green days recently and they feel a bit naughty with me not having the 1/3 superfree!

the 1/3 superfree rule is not advised so much with green or red, because you are portion limited anyway because you are not mixing green and red foods together like on extra easy (unless using a HEb, but then of course your portion of the other food group will be limited anyway)

However for a healthy eating plan you should always include as much superfree foods as you can.

What BritMum said, but you'll find that you will want to bulk out your meals with superfree anyway.

For example:
If you have spaghetti bolognaise, you only get 86g extra lean beef mince for a HEb. This isn't much, so you'll want to fill it out with superfree.
If you were on EE, there is nothing really stopping you from having 200g extra lean beef mince, and so the 1/3 superfree rule is imposed to try and stop you doing that.

Thank you to both of you, I had mainly fruit for breakfast and lunch and planning on fruit for supper so as an overall day I will have had 1/3 superfree.

Back