Green days

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
I just dont see how eating so many carbs (pasta, potatoes etc etc) can make you lose weight! Today iv had porridge, cous cous, and veg stew with mash and feel like a right fatty :(

Last edited:
I have a bad headache today following the Green one...not sure if it's because I mostly do Reds.

I just cant see how! iv always stayed away from potatoes and pasta on other diets now im eating plate fulls!

Many get great losses on both green and red days.....try it out.

When you weigh in next and maybe find that it works for you......it means you now don't have to deprive yourself of yummy carbs. What a great thing that would be.

We are also told alot of different stories about how bad carbs are.....and there are loads of low-carb fad diets. But carbs are shown to be essential in our diet. The SW diet is much about a healthy lifestyle and getting the right nutrients.

So all I can suggest it Test it out, we are all unique and what works for someone may not work for another. Hope it works out for you :)

xx

With weight loss the bottom line is less calories in Vs calories out. Unfortunately with the low carb world domination, we've all become terrified of carbs, carbs are goooooood :D

If you compare the calories in a baked potato to a fillet of salmon you'll see that there are fewer in the potato than in the salmon. I personally don't lose any more weight doing reds than I do on green. Probably because I don't eat much red speed foods. I love steaks, oily fish, sausages etc on a red day rather than chicken breasts, white fish etc (though I do love a good seabass mmmmm). I remember my consultant once had a "green is lean" day and told us all about the benefits of green days (lotsa fibre) and how to make the best of it and I did an all green week and lost 3.5lbs!!

If you're worried about all the carbs you could have one low carb green meal a day like lentils, beans, omelette, fritatta etc. So maybe for lunch have an omelette and salad, or a 3 bean salad, egg salad with finn crisps etc so that way you're enjoying all the satisfaction of a green day and perhaps less bloat?

I tend to get better losses on red than green but green is so much cheaper, lean meat is really expensive! Trust in the diet, it has worked for 40 years so far!

I only do green as a vegetarian and love all the pasta and potatoes
it works I have several friends who are now at target and have been for a few years a mum and daughter that went together both lost about 1/3 of their body weight - think I can work with that :)

I've been following SW since late September last year, and have only EVER done green days, and I have lost over 3.5 stone so it does work. Just trust the diet and make sure you follow it correctly and you WILL lose weight whether you have red, green, EE or any of the different parts :)

We are also told alot of different stories about how bad carbs are.....and there are loads of low-carb fad diets. But carbs are shown to be essential in our diet. The SW diet is much about a healthy lifestyle and getting the right nutrients.

This is so true! People have been describing carbohydrates as the enemy for so long, but it's just not right. We do need them for a balanced diet.

Last edited:
I hope it works I have had 2 green days this week, but it leaves me a bit windy and my tummy is making funny noises.:D

I have eaten loads today , but followed 100% and not had anything I shouldn't. I normally have red days with 1 one green day a week, will see if the WI shows it has made any diference :D

You say youve always stayed away from carbs on other diets, but you're here on SW now and probably be ause the other diets haven't worked for you. Give it a bit of time and see how your losses are and how your body feels.

Good luck! X

Strange thing for me though when I follow green days is that at the end of the day I am starving, I think :D

I do hold off and see if it is hunger, but I am craving for something, last night to stop me had a scan bran ad LC cheese and went to bed.

Can anyone suggest why this is, I don't crave on a red day.

Forget all the other diets! Don't try and consider what other diets follow - each one is individual, and for them to work, you need to follow their guidelines (and only theirs)!

Eat whatever you enjoy, and perhaps in the case of red days, what you can afford. Don't think about the what-ifs... SW wouldn't exist if they had a bunch of plans that didn't work!

Soccermom, when you have green days do you have any protein with it? Protein breaks down a lot slower than carbs and therefore leave you feeling fuller for longer. You could add some HEB protein or free proteins like eggs etc to your carb meals to make them more satisfying.

Soccermom, when you have green days do you have any protein with it? Protein breaks down a lot slower than carbs and therefore leave you feeling fuller for longer. You could add some HEB protein or free proteins like eggs etc to your carb meals to make them more satisfying.

Hi Honeyoc, yes I had an omelette with SW chips for tea and had a heb portion of ham for lunch.

My tummy this morning is going mad and I feel bloated,I wonder if all those carbs agree with me. :eek: I know they are good for us, but it makes me wonder if too many are good for me, maybe green is not suited to my body.

I suppose like anything its trial and error.

Thanks x

alpen lights = protein = happy bunny :)

I chopped up one last night and took it as one of my snacks to the pictures, it was lovely.

If anyone gets a chance to see Avatar at the pictures, go, its stunning. It costs a bit extra to see because its in 3D, but well worth it. :D I want to see it again.

Back