Green Eyed Girl's Diary.. here goes nothing! and everything.

Thanks for all the support sleek susie and serials. I think we're ALL excited to see those pounds dropping especially into the next stone. There's a huge amount of energy on this forum. It's fantastic. There's no way we could fail will this amount of support x

Serialslimmer I bet your not dumpy at all and getting less so every day. It's great to have someone with the exact same goals. I can definitely feel that fat coming off my belly. I only look about 6 months pregnant instead of 9 now lol.

So .....
Day 12
Breakfast eggs for breakfast. Liked them better the Last time as an omelette, than this time as scrambled egg.
Maple syrup pancakes for lunch. Yumm.
Red bean chili for dinner. Yumm.

Feels like only a minute ago I wrote day 11's entry. Very quick day! No drama, no cravings.

Hubby is still doing great, tonsillitis is helping, about the only good thing. He's barely able to eat anything still and he's lost 21lbs. Currently sitting beside me eating the fish pie I made today. I confess I licked my fingers twice and it was delish lol He wants to go back on the diet when he's well but convinced him to try and eat to get well and then start again. He really doesn't want to gain any weight.

I hope everyone else had a good day.

I'm excited, for real. Feeling almost giggly. I've fully accepted that as a fairly slow loser my average will probably be 2lb per week. That's fine. 2lb of butter or lard. I don't know if there's something in the tap water we're all drinking but we're VLCD-ing so long may it stay there Ha Ha x

I fully expect to be the same, 2 lbs a week. Between working and the kids I can't mentally or physically fit any exercise in, so no chance of losing 3 lbs a week. But that's ok I accept that's the way things are at the moment and I'm happy. I'll be on this diet until it's all gone. I just have to. But I'm already preparing myself for life after VLCD. I've never calorie counted in my life so I need to start learning if I'm to make this a success.

It'll be funny seeing how close our losses are each week :)

Girl, as I've said before, I'm not really a 'club' person. I don't fancy being weighed in front of lots of others, nor do I want to be in a situation where I'm encouraged to be in 'healthy competition' with others all trying to lose weight. I've read that many find this very motivating, but I suspect that lots of strugglers go home every week from SW and WW (both very reputable and valuable slimming organisations) and other group dieting concerns with heavy hearts. What if you don't lose your 2 or 3lb that week? What if your best pals lose 4lb, and others, 2lb? What if you've had a wee gain?? If I'd had a bad week or was just not losing at that time I wouldn't have the courage to go to meetings. If I lost 4lb and my pal didn't lose anything, I'd feel guilty. Daft for sure but I wouldn't be able to take as much joy as I should because I'd feel that others were gutted and depressed. Friends tell me that they often get weighed and patted on the back and then, on the way home, get off at the chippie or nearest takeaway LOL. They figure that they have a whole week to lose the damage! I don't get envious in a mean way, in fact I'm more likely to kick myself than ever be resentful but others react badly and it can end good friendships.

This is my first real buddy situation and I am delighted. There's not the least negativity about it, which is how things should be. I can't exercise either because of my sciatica and my arthritis. I can do a limited amount of activity but ohhh, the pain for days afterwards. I will try to find aerobic-type movements that don't demand too much weight-bearing. I'm too heavy right now and I, too, look very pregnant!

Good luck again my Irish 'lovely girrl' (Father Ted! I love it) from your wee Scots pal. 2lb a week, truly, is bliss when you've been in the regain doldrums for a few years. So glad your hubby is on the mend. And losing weight without even trying! Ironic indeed x

Last edited:
2lb aevery week soon adds up. You never know you may be surprised by the occasional 3lber. Have a good day ladies x

Hi Susie! I agree, 2lb increments mount-up in no time. When people go on VLCDs they are sort of 'promised' a loss of a stone per month - more or less. Of course that is a generalisation and we already know from years of dieting that some lose much faster than others, even on the same amount and type of food. Height, for one thing, makes a difference. Now that I am older and forced to be mostly inactive I'd be daft to hope for 4lb losses, or more, most weeks. Not impossible but very unlikely. I am truly content with the prospect of a steady 2lb each week. I dare say I will also have STS weeks and 1lb loss weeks, too. So long as we stick with it we'll get there x

Day 13

Peanut butter bar for brekkie (because there's 2 left in the pack).
banana skae foe lunch
still deciding on dinner...

I'm starting to get down to not many dinner and bars and a LOT of shakes. Hubby says he'll have the shakes, so time to place another order. I will definitely be getting the orange choc and toffee, nut and raisin bars. They make me feel like I'm not on a diet.

No drama again today. Hubby's off sick and I've days to use from work (time in lieu) because of my travel, so we cleared out the kids wardrobes and the attic. Bags of rubbish and bags off to the charity shop. I found the bags of clothes from the last time I slimmed down, mainly work suits and summer clothes, so they'll come in handy as the weight drops off and hopefully I won't need to buy much if anything. I can't wait to get back into those clothes such god memories (round the time of our wedding) and there are a particular pair of jeans and a dress I will be dead chuffed when I get back into them. They are some of the smallest so I know if won't be a while but it'll be worth it and it's things like that, that drive me on.

Anyone else a bit lightheaded on this diet? All the cleaning out today and the bending down and standing up left me really starry and I worried at one point that I was going to faint. I don't know how some of you girls are managing the gym and all the exercise on this diet. Fair play.

serialslimmer? are you reading my posts with an Irish accent? Because I definitely read yours with a Scottish accent. I'm almost qualified to do that; Hubby's dad is from Glasgow. Love the accent :)

Ha Ha Girl. Yes! I suspected you might be Irish because in an earlier post you used the word 'sure' as Irish people do (!) and you talked about having been on Lipotrim which to me also signals Ireland! Once I'd read the word 'sure' that was it. I 'heard' you as Irish LOL. My Glasgow acccent is neither posh nor 'street' - somewhere in-between. I love being Celtic. I bet you do too. We have that melancholy, nostalgic thing going on which isn't always easy to live with!

I am short of cash so I decided to order some more bars to eke-out my choc puddings, eggs, sausages and blueberry pancakes. I have a few porridges left, too (raspberry!) which I will try to make into scones or wee cakes like Isis did. They look delicious and taste a lot better. I have 23 curry packs (LOL) and 23 mushroom risotto. The curry I hate but I need to use them up. I'll need to find a way of disguising that awful taste and texture. Risotto not quite as horrid but again I keep going for other packs instead. The bars I love and I agree they make you feel like you're eating a granola bar or some such, and not 'diet' food.

I'm still wondering why this is easier to stick to than Cambridge. I can only guess that the extra calories and carbs and the slightly bigger portions must make the difference. I'm not complaining! x

PS I get a bit light-headed too. Need to watch I don't lose my balance at times. And in bed at night I sometimes get a woozy, dizzy sensation flood through my head.

Day 14

Double Choc bar for brekkie (really elevenses :) ) Yum
Vegetable Soup for lunch. Yum
Gooey Chocolate Pudding for dinner. Yum

Good day. Feeling in better form (couldn't be tied in to hubby getting better and less pressure on me at home). I worked out, if I lose two 2lbs a week from now until my holidays I'll be 4 stone lighter than the day I started ! That's 2lbs off my 12st 12lbs goal. I just hope my body lets that happen.

The eve before WI. I have resisted the scales since my mid week WI, so I have no clue if tomorrow morning I make it into the 15's. Fingers crossed for me everyone, I'll be afraid to look down at the scales!

I see you've literally just posted. I've just logged-in! Listen you're going to lose more than 2lb each week and you deserve to. Like me you are keeping your expectations moderate so as not to be dizzy with thoughts of 4, 5, 7lb per week results (LOL). I can see you losing at least 3lb every week and most likely more.

I'm getting used to the choc bars. I thought them a bit squidgy at first, kinda odd. Isis says if you heat them up first they taste a bit like cake. Will try that when my bars order arrives.

You will definitely hit your target I believe, even allowing for a couple of blips, slips or binges over the months to come. As the weeks go by it will get harder but we'll keep each other going x

Thanks serial,

Are you all set for you WI in the morning? Any sneaky midweek ones like me ;)
I hope we do great :) It's like waiting for an exam result and whether you've put in enough hard work lol

All set, yep. I think I have to eat some food after tomorrow. Not sure, but something like an extra 200 calories per day for one week. Not much but enough for some 'real' food. I'd best have omelette and salad, or scrambled egg, or whatever. Carbs might be too risky.

You'll have a great loss tomorrow. You've been 100% for two weeks now, you're young and active, so fingers crossed indeed for you to be jumping up and down and squee-ing LOL x

Oh yeah, I forgot about that week ! I think you're right to steer clear of the carbs, I'd say it'll make it easier to get back to the 600cals the week after.
Post in the morning I'll be dying to hear, you could be very close to 15st 7 !

BTW I'm not that young at all and definitely not active lol I wish.

Ha Ha not that active. I wish I could be more like I was years back. Walking everywhere, dancing, exercising regularly. Not keen on the gym to be honest but I was energetic and lively. I hope to be so again, once this sciatica finally goes away. Will need stronger pain meds for my arthritis. Then just watch me go! LOL.

I might start on the soups and some jazzed-up risotto or curry. Starting to fancy something savoury x

I've tried the tomato and basil and the vegetable soups and I like them. Hubby has tried the Thai chicken and mushroom and liked them. I'm still to try those ones. But thumbs up from us for the soups. I just love the variety of products, it just makes it so much easier, if you're getting tired of one just change to another and it's like a break. Especially the gooey chocolate pudding.

I hope you're not suffering too much with the sciatica and arthritis and get those pain meds :(

I hate the gym too (we have one in the office and I've never been into it ! Plus the thoughts of being in there exercising with some of the managers totally puts me off). My exercise of choice is swimming. I used to swim competitively, but now I just go and have the kids hanging out of me :) no exercise in that! But I would like to get running after I lose a few stone. One of the girls in work regularly goes for a 30min 5k run on her lunch and she's offered to help get me up and going. So I'll take her up on that in the future.

Would be great for you to get back into swimming. Fantastic all-round exercise. Go you - swimming competitively. I laughed about the kids 'hanging out of you'. Once you're a Mum with little ones in tow you've got to prioitise their needs and wait for them to grow x

Day 15 - WI

The scales read 16.0.0 !! I was laughing my head off and I stood on it twice incase I could inch it into the 15s lol
So probably tomorrow i'll be in the 15s lol

Last edited:
Great weight loss, a stone in 2 weeks is fab. Well done!

YAY you're so close to being in the 15's. If you breathe deeply all evening you'll probably burn off enough calories to be 15st 13lb tomorrow! Ha Ha. I've lost my expected 2lb thankfully. Choc pudding supper coming up to celebrate LOL.

Isn't it funny that you and I lose 2lb per week, which we expect and are happy with? Or did you just lose 4lb in one week? I'm not sure whether you missed your WI last week because of Paris.

We must have hit that stage in life where we just want to be done with the fat, and we need a good, steady, nutritious and tasty way of losing it. I've chased fast fast fast losses for so long. Low Carb is wonderful and perfect for maintenance but it tends to be slow in weekly loss terms. Exante right now is providing a 'happy medium' and I even like the products.

WELL DONE Girl. Already I feel even more chuffed to have you as my buddy and also very grateful to exante for 'working' x

Last edited:
Horray! Congrats serial! 2lbs is 2 lbs! All in the right direction. That choc pudding is a great treat :)
Yeah 14lbs in 2 weeks but you're right not exactly 10 + 4 because the 10 was Monday WI instead of Wednesday.

Yeah, I am ready to lose this weight once and for all, Exante and it's variety of products is plenty to keep me motivated.

I hope after I get to goal that I am equipped with the tools to maintain properly. I'm starting to change the weekly shopping , at the moment for the kids, they already eat very healthy, but I'm going to start adding more whole foods to their diet, quinoa, bulgar wheat, brown rices & pastas, avocado, asparagus, turkey steaks/escalopes. I'm very lucky they all eat everything, no battle, yes they prefer certain things, but generally they are a pleasure to feed. If you google mason jar salads and homemade pot noodle there are some low calorie, fantastic ideas. The salads are what I plan doing for my extra meals on week 4 (taking any high carb element out). (Sorry I hope I'm not making you hungry!).

I am very ready for life after Exante, sounds like you are too :) we cannnnnnnnn get healthy !

Back