Green Eyed Girl's Diary.. here goes nothing! and everything.

WI Wednesday Week 11 Yikes!
Good news, 4lbs off. (In 2 weeks though, not 1, due to lack of weigh-in last week). But yay anyway!!!! I can see the 13s in my future !!! Fingers crossed for a strong week, with lots of will-power and a 2.5+ weight loss and I would be one happy girl :D

The course is going well, as are the dinner choices. Bit of meat/fish and lots of veggies/salads, so I'm finding it very easy in that respect. The exam will be another story!

I haven't spoken about hubby in a while, but he's been alternating between TS and WS (day by day!) and he's lost 3 stone, so we are both well on the way.

I can happily say that in a group of people, I now feel 'normal'. Not that I compare myself to other people, but I don't feel like the whale in the room if you know what I mean...Yes, I'm overweight now but not excessively so anymore...

I've my eyes on the prize again; focused on goal and getting there asap. I'm sure there will be more tough weeks ahead but for the moment I'm ok. Still on track for my 12st 12lbs for my holiday. Another 1st 4.5lbs to lose for that. The 'overweight' BMI of 13st 6lbs seems within reaching distance as well.

Oh to see those 13s on the scales. Onwards and downwards.
Hope everone else is having a good day x

Totally agree about the pleasure that feeling normal bring G. I remember the last time when I lost 4 stone how good it felt to just merge in with all the other people when out clothes shopping. This time I am getting there & staying there.

You will be in the 13s very soon so well done x

Fantastic, Green. You hit the nail on the head - all we really want is to be, and to look, and to feel, 'normal'. To not be stared at for the wrong reasons. To not feel ashamed and self-conscious in public. To not be covered-up by a long black cardigan even on the sunniest day, because we need to hide our lumps and bumps and wouldn't dream of unveiling our plump arms, nor our generous hips.

I had that kind of normal for years on end. I got there and stayed there thanks to veggie Atkins. Even now being big again feels wrong. I'm not that girl any more! (Actually - I am. And I don't like being a fat fatty. It's no fun at all). Basically for me and countless others the 'trick' is to cut down on carbs - one way or another.

Enjoy the wonderful feeling of being 'normal'. It's fantastic and you've worked hard to get this far xx

Last edited:
Oh yes, the pleasures of not having to wear layers even though you are boiling lol. I can't wait to reach that stage x

Thanks for the support girls. It means a lot xx

Today was another good day. It helps that there is literally nothing in the house to tempt me as well. Chocolate isn't my thing. I'm much more savoury person so the kids Easter eggs are safe. I daren't bring any crisps etc into the house.

Finished on the course, so back to 3packs a day from tomorrow. Back to the old routine hopefully.
Have a good evening x

I'm the same with chocolate and biscuits. Daren't buy them except for my son's visits because if they're in the house, I'll 'ave 'em! Goodies call my name until I surrender LOL xx

How are you getting on with the packs G x x

Hiya Susie, 2 packs today so far and it has taken all my willpower to keep it like that. I had serious cravings for 'real' food at lunchtime like I've been having all week. But I want those 13s so badly I managed to get through it... only the rest of the evening to get through now!!! Think I'll have maple syrup pancakes, they help when I'm craving badly.

3 litres of water today so far. Planning on filling up with another litre.

How's your day?

Yes, keep the fluids up G, It does help.

I haven't got any of the pancakes because I often make the porridge into big cake type pancakes.

Hope the keep the hunger at bay.

Keep thinking 13s x

Evening girls. I'd a good Exante day today.
Two orange cholocate bars so far and planning gooey chocolate pudding this evening :)
Want those 13s so bad!!! I really am all about the numbers! And hitting the next goal. I hope the scales doesn't let me down lol

Won't be long now. You'll be in the 13s by your next WI. Talk about fast losses! And you've worked hard for them xx

I hope so serial. I can't quite believe how far I've come already. Seems like yesterday that I was terrified of being asked 'when are you due?', and now feeling 'normal'. There are certainly rewards for hard work on this diet. I'm a very competitive person and in this case its me against the numbers on the scale and I'm determined to stay on track for my big milestones. Working extra hard this week so everything crossed for Wednesday. How are you doing? Have you set yourself any milestones or goals?

Well one on your 4lb off :) The 13's are just around the corner! Woohoo :D

Happy Easter! Had a great day with the kids. Glorious sunshine here in Dublin. We were in the park for over 4 hours. Ice creams for the kids as well as the obligatory chocolate eggs :) they'll be sick!

I had 'proper' dinner with the family this evening. Well, a small bit of roast chicken, asparagus, broccoli, sugar snap peas & green beans. Yummmmm. Back on the straight and narrow now and catch up with my water. Fingers still crossed for Wednesday! But knowing my luck it may be after Wednesday before the scales will give me what I want lol

Sooo... a tale of 'serial weighing' at it's best to follow.....

I was DYING to see the 13s so I had a sneaky WI on Sunday morning... 14st 0.6lbs.... woohoo, sooooooooo close!!

This morning again, I thought Oh lets see if that 0.6 has shifted to give me my magic number... I have been a model Exante dieter all week....
To my dismay 14st 1.8lbs!!!!!!! To say I was devastated was an understatement. UP, not down, UP. I spent the next few hours lamenting, what? how?, HOW? how that could have happened... then as if my magic my TOTM appeared...... or 'the curse' as it's otherwise known in Ireland, quite appropriate I think. It really does effect weightloss :( and it's playing havoc with my little numbers!

Little bit sad that I'm probably not going to see the magic number tomorrow, but soon !!!!

I hope that magic number does show up on the scales for you tomorrow. Whatever it is though, you are doing brilliantly. Glad you had a lovely Easter :)

Week 12 WI !
2lbs down - that makes me 14st 0.5lbs. So close lol. No doubt that TOTM definitely played it's part, but 2lbs is 2lbs and I'll take it. I'll have to do some serial weighing :eek: over the next day or two to see the magic number 13. I'm ready to take my 14st photo :D

Feels really good to have almost 3 stone off... another 1/2 stone and I'm half way there. What a task I set myself eh?! This is the longest weight loss journey ever and I only have myself to blame!

In reality terms, my suits I got down from the loft, the small 18's trousers are too waaay baggy, I'm gonna get them altered. The 18s suit jacket now comfortably close on me, I started at a size 22. (I'm top heavy and I know from previous diets my b00bs don't lose weight; as the rest of me loses weight they start to look huge!). So I'm getting there.
I have a waist and a proper shape! I'm delighted !!

Still on track for my 12st 12lbs for my holidays !

Onwards and downwards, here's to the next week :bighug:

Fabulous result G. Well done.
13s for sure in the next couple if days x

Back