Green Eyed Girl's Diary.. here goes nothing! and everything.

Another 4.5lbs gone. AMAZING! Huge well done :D You must be on cloud 9. Here's to another fab week :)

:party0011: what a loss! I haven't even considered taking things in to be altered instead of buying new, what a great idea. Revel in the lovely surprised comments and look forward to many more, you're an amazing inspiration. Have a great week.

Angel she only charged me 5 per top, she's so good, so 35 in total, probably the price of one new top! I'm looking forward to getting to my goal and buying some lovely new clothes, it seems a shame to buy them now only to have them not fit in a month or two months time.

I'm getting loads of lovely comments now, it took 3st 4lbs before anyone noticed lol

I'm finding my 16 15 14 stone pics hubby took of me a bit demotivational! :( I put them altogether and the difference in the pics was so slight! I know I'm 2 or, in some clothes, 3 sizes down, but in those pics I don't look very different. I suppose it will be the heaviest compared to the lightest (eventually 10st) will show the real difference. For now though, I'm almost halfway there and almost 'only' overweight, so I need to focus on that, keep going and get the rest of this weigh off!!

Loving this app and it's graph of progress. Another motivational tool for me :)

Attachments

• 1429297162343.jpg
    1429297162343.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 40
I can understand where you are coming from with the photos. I was taking mine every 4 weeks, but like you, the changes seemed so slight in comparison to how my clothes sizes have dropped. Part of me felt demotivated by it, but the other part of me, seeing the reality of the photos, motivates me to push forward as it's easy for me to become comfortable in my minds eye way before I should. I feel slimmer than I actually am. I know eventually it works the other way around, but at this weight my mind seems to get it wrong. I know this is one of the the reasons I kept getting bigger. Never truly believed I looked the way I did! Photos show it totally as it is though - good or bad! :-/ lol

You're 100% right Jayne, I am the exact same; definitely feel slimmer than I actually am, those photos are a reality check alright. I never saw it like that. So as demotivational as they seem, they are actually a motivation to keep going! Thanks Jayne :)

I can so relate to the photo disappointments too.
I havnt got to the stage where I am comfortable with looking at my photos despite the weight loss. I suppose though that as we get smaller the weight loss will become noticeable quicker with each half stone loss if you get what I mean. Thats what i'm hoping anyway x

Is that App free Green?
Looks very motivational to have something like that to hand x

Remember that the camera adds ten pounds. It really does! Everyone photographs slightly fatter than they are. Bear this in mind before you start to fret xx

Susie that app is 'monitor your weight' and yep, it's free. I'll take all the motivational tools I can get :)

I can so relate to the photo disappointments too.
I havnt got to the stage where I am comfortable with looking at my photos despite the weight loss. I suppose though that as we get smaller the weight loss will become noticeable quicker with each half stone loss if you get what I mean. Thats what i'm hoping anyway x

I can't look at photographs, either. If I look at my slim ones I become sad and regretful. Looking at old fat ones might make me weep, because I'm heavy again. Haven't had any photos taken for at least four years. I honestly thought I'd made it to goal for good. At least I'm losing again many stones short of my previous top weight. My usual pattern was to lose all my weight, plus extra, then gradually regain the lot, plus a lot more! Haven't done that this time around but oh how annoying it is to have regained so much x

I believe you can get back there too serial x. The flu threw you off track you're nearly back on track now. Doing great x

I'm on track too, all set for Wednesday :) I've had a good weekend. Struggling to get the water in during with all the running around so catching up at the moment.

Can't wait to not be obese anymore :)

Wowie Green. Just read through your diary and feeling so inspired! Your losses are consistent and so impressive! Just the sort of thing I need to see on day one of TS. It's great how you've made all these informed "real food" choices when you're forced to eat something. Whenever I've been away with work in the past, everything has gone out the window. I really hope exante can change my appreciation for food and make low carbing seem like a dream :) Loved reading through, and excited to see how far you push this :D I want to be on wk 13!! If only I'd started earlier ;) xx

You really are doing great GEG. I find your loss table very inspirational, my signature won't let me put one in though (run out of space)

I'm using a photo of me at 14st as inspiration. I haven't got one of me any lower. I cringe to see my photos in October at my son's christening at my start weight (I started exante just after) but they do help me focus because I look much better in January at his birthday although there is quite a way to go.

I can't wait to see your goal pic if you post it. Have a great week xxx

Thanks QB, yes this is definitely IT for me, I need to be a good role model for my kids, I'm so determined to make this change for the whole family too. And I think this time is the first time that I have made that lifestyle change for after the diet, rather than doing the diet and then going back to the old habits (which obviously never worked!). I've proven to myself that I can make good choices and balance things out.

I've gone crazy making the kids' breakfasts lunches and dinners with less bread/cereal/pasta and a lot more whole foods. I used to be afraid that I would make them fat too, because if i can't control my own, how would I be able to control theirs :( But I feel like I'm armed with all the information I need now, I'm in love with www.eatingwell.com it's a wealth of recipes, and love the MyFitnessPal app and their food blog and daily newsletter. I'm very inspired by it all.

Angel, great to hear my table is motivating xx You've done great to maintain your weight thus far with all that's gone on. Delighted to see you're on the fast track again :) it's great to chat xx
Photos from my wedding are of me at the top end of my 'comfortable' weight, but I have no idea what I weighed then! I was after getting my weight down and was starting to pile it on again :( I was in complete denial. So I have the bag of clothes from that summer in the end of the kids wardrobe and when I get into the 12's I'm going to see if any of it even remotely fits me again. I reckon I was in the 11stone bracket somewhere ... so fingers crossed! (Makes me very very excited!!)

I'm having a hungry day, I've had an orange chocolate and toffee nut & raisin bar so far today. It's going to be a long evening with only 1 pack left! I would usually have a maple syrup pancake on days like this to feel like I'm having something substantial to eat, so that and gallons of water are the plan.

You sound so positive G it's great! And what good motivation wanting to do it for other people not just yourself :) I'm addicted to MFP. It helps me make better choices if I am going to stray off plan, as I can type in anything and find out how many carbs / cals it has :) last night I found myself in MacD checking their stuff and ended up having a dub cheese with no bun - not healthy, but only 3g of carbs ;) x

Green, happiness is contageous. Weight loss can be 'catching', too! Right girls. Let's all hang-onto the hem of Green's tunic top... LOL xx

Thanks girls I'm just super motivated at the moment. There will be more blips and slips I'm sure of it. I'm almost half way there now, so still a lot of work to do x

Oooo dig that bag of clothes out and have a look, how exciting! You'll be in them before you know it. You go girl :party0011:

I decided to go to H&M on my lunch hour to get some black trousers for work. I am swamped in my current ones. I went through 4 rails all different styles and the shop was full or size 8s 10s and 12s. How disappointing! :( why do they do that!? It looked like they had a great stock! On the plus side I'll just have to go shopping again :)

Back