green foods to try

michyd

hi everyone i will be only doing green days as dont eat meat can you advise me please on foods to eat that wont make me hungry, is it ok to eat muller light yoghurts and how often? cheers guys x

Hi and welcome to minimins and sw, for green days you are looking for things that are based on carbs such as vegetables and pulses, rice, pasta and grains. All these are sure to curb your appetite.

Mueller yoghurts are also classed as free, but I believe everything in moderation, as someone on here once said if you ate 10 of these its 1000 calories.

Muller lights aren't vegetarian, I don't know if you are or if you just don't enjoy meat.

The Danone Shape feel fuller for longer yogurts are free and vegetarian, and taste good!

I find when i do green which is most days, i save one of my healthy extra As so i can have some cheese which always curbs my hunger as does most proteins. baked beans are good for that too as is home made hummous x

I do the same as Brightonrosie and sometimes save a healthy extra to have a chunk of cheese when I'm peckish - I love cheese and could eat a ton of it, I find 28g grated really isn't much when in a meal, but a 28g chunck is satisfying enough.

Hard boiled eggs are good snacks too. I tend to hard boil 3 or 4 at a time and then have one at work with lunch and one at home when I'm peckish.

x

The Danone Shape feel fuller for longer yogurts are free and vegetarian, and taste good!

Are these the same as the lasting satisfaction ones ? Just wondering because the berry flavoured lasting satisfaction ones arent veggie friendly, just the mango or passion fruit ones.

Yes, it's the same thing. You're right the strawberry one is not veggie friendly as it has cochineal in it but the other flavours are okay.

Thanks Circes, for a minute there I thought I was missing out and they'd changed their recipe or something - I love strawberry flavoured things but not with crushed beetle thank you very much ;)

Back