Green or Red Days?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by callmejulie, 10 January 2011 Social URL.

1. callmejulie

callmejulie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.21%)
    Am I ok to constantly do green days? I will eat meat but actually prefer the green choices (I can pick meat as a HE the rare times I want it). Does anybody else stick to green days all the time? Long term (as I'm hoping to continue with SW until the summer) would I be missing out on any important food choices remaining on green? Thanks xoxo

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    you wont be missing out on anything i do more green than red days some weeks all green but say we have roast lamb on a sunday i have a red day as i love lamb :D

4. BeckyT

BeckyT Always trying!

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4.5lb(31.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My friend just does green days as shes not a meat lover and she is doing really well with her weight loss journey :)

5. Tinsel81

Tinsel81 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I switched to SW from WW because I don't eat meat (except fish but only rarely) and felt like it was a better plan for veggies (the new propoints plan didn't really suit me). I've only done green days so far, though might try an Extra Easy if I fancy fish and chips one day. Not been on the plan long enough to report back on weight losses though (only started last Tuesday!).

6. SlimmingKitchen

SlimmingKitchen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can follow any plan you want to hun :)
    If you were vegetarian then Green plan would be your only option anyway ;)
    I prefer Green as I tend to lose abit more on it too. Although Red seems to work better for others.
    Everyone is different.
    Enjoy. xxx

7. callmejulie

callmejulie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.21%)
    Thanks everyone - mucho appreciated :)
    Natasha you are doing so well with your losses - you must be so focused. Everybody does so well on this plan that I feel it has to work for me too if I stick to it.

Tinsel your stats are similar to mine (save your a bit taller than me) - good luck with your 1st weigh in. I just lost 6lbs in my first week and am just a tad pleased with meself.

Thank you Becky and Mrs Wilson - I hope I can do as well as you have xoxo

8. Tinsel81

Tinsel81 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow, well done, you must have been very focused! I have first WI tonight, but as I didn't weigh myself before I started on Tuesday (too afraid to see my post-Christmas weight!) I won't really see how I'm doing until next Monday's WI after two weeks on plan. It's encouraging to hear you are doing so well if our stats are similar, as I was worried having less to lose would mean I would find weight loss very slow (or non-existent!).

9. buzzybritches

buzzybritches Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do majority of Green days, maybe 6/7? Working for me :) Good luck and enjoy!
    Bee x

10. callmejulie

callmejulie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.21%)
    Thanks Bee - Green it is going forward. There is so much choice anyway I don't think I will come unstuck x

11. hunibunihuman

hunibunihuman Banned

I perfer green.

12. Jael

Jael Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(18.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As a veggie I do all green days and I always have good losses. I think you can get a bit more variety on green, as you have double the healthy extras AND you have cheese and nuts/seeds as a HEB option. I know you don't have to do 1/3 superfree on green, but usually I end up 1/2 superfree anyway. But on the plus side if I'm having a hormonal day I don't have to worry if I fill up on SW chips, eggs, baked beans and quorn sausages, as I'll still lose weight! Yippee!!!!!!

13. Curvygirl87

Curvygirl87 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do a mixture of green and extra easy, i have done this in the past when i have done sw and it has worked fine, i only rejoined last tues and am doin same thing again, i like green days as u dont have to have the 1/3 superfree as i sumtimes struggle to fit it in with every meal but i like that u can vary plans as somedays i fancy steak n chips or somethin like that :)

14. prawnchopSuey

prawnchopSuey Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Julie,
    I follow green and it works as well as red for me but I find it simpler and more enjoyable (more of a carb lover than a meat lover!).
    With regards to missing out on anything, it is just common sense really, you still need to ensure you are having a balanced diet, so plenty of eggs / quorn / beans & pulses in addition to carbs to provide protein and plenty of fruit and veg for vitamins and iron :)

15. callmejulie

callmejulie Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.21%)
    oh Tinsel I have told you a load of rubbish :( My stats are no where near as good as yours... I was working it out in my head. Think it was a bit of wishful thinking. I weigh 181 lbs now (after my loss this week) but am no where near as tall as you so look like a right dumpling!! Think I'll stick to lbs/oz cus it sounds better x

16. Tinsel81

Tinsel81 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Aww, don't say that - with 6lbs a week losses you will be well ahead of me in no time! I'm lucky if I get 1/2lb a week loss on a diet usually.

Pounds do sound better don't they? I've started thinking of my target in terms of pounds, as 22lbs sounds so much less than 1.5 stone!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.