Green/Original Recipes

Kate77

Hi
Sorry if this is somewhere obvious, I have had a look but can not seem to find what I am looking for!

Is there a page specifically for Green or Original recipes? I have found loads that are for EE but don't have the syn values for the other 2 plans.

I am going to try a week of Green and Red as I dont think EE is right for me

Thanks in advance

K x

What kind of things are you looking for - what do you like to eat?

I do a few green days in a week, i tend to stick to batchelors pasta n sauce, jacket potatoes with beans, quorn sausage with spag hoops, quorn burgers with chips, also a few of the weight watchers meals are quite decent on green days i think if you cant be bother to whip anything up!

Have a look at the food diaries - I know there's a lot of us who do mostly/only green days so there's lot of inspiration there. :)

My favourite thing to cook at the moment is a stir fry with a big bag of mixed veg, cashew nuts (HEXB), quorn chicken, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce with noodles or home made egg fried rice. But you can be way more inventive than that lol ;) I love making risotto too - mushroom and rocket is my favourite. That's the joy of green days for me - all those yummy carbs that other diets told me I couldn't have!

Thanks everyone :)

These arn't exactly recipes but just meals that are free and that i have quite often that i had posted in my blog

Free on Red
Chicken thighs/drumsticks baked in schwartz bbq shake with lettuce and asda wholemeal pitta (HEB)

Free on Red

double bacon & egg burger using wholemeal roll (HEB) quorn Beef Style & Sweet Red Onion burgers,or using 4/6 pack frozen quorn burgers = 0.5 syns per burger

Free on Red

Tesco Simply Cook Lamb Shank in Mint Gravy with carrot and swede mash and a couple of linda mcartneys rosemary and red onion sausages (because they taste like stuffing)

Free on Red
Bacon toastie using 2 slice wholemeal bread (HEB) and 3 babybel light cheeses (HEA)

Free on Red & Green

Poached/fried eggs on 2 slices toasted wholemeal (HEB)

Free on Green
Baked beans/tinned spaghetti toastie using 2 slice wholemeal bread (HEB) and 3 babybel light cheeses (HEA)

Free on Green
Omlete using 3 babybel light cheeses(HEA), baked beans, corn on the cob and linda mcartney rosemary and red onion sausages

Free on Green
Pasta, beans and cheese. Using 45g greated mozzarella (HEA)

Free on Green
Batchelors tomato and herb past n sauce made up with mushrooms and sweetcorn stirred through

Free on Green
Batcherlors Low fat chicken supernoodles with beaten eggs stirred through, like egg fried rice but with noodles because i dont really like rice

Back