Green plan-lunch box ideas please

poppygirl

Hi, I started sw last Thursday and am really enjoying learning all about it. After doing cd to have jacket potatoes and baked beans and pasta etc etc feels such a treat and a bit "naughty" lol!

I will have my first two working days in the week and am wondering what I could take in a lunch box. What does everyone else do, ideas would be appreciated. I am a veggie so on green days xxx

I sometimes take mug shots - just add boiling water. They're not all syn free though. Soup in a flask is nice, as is batchelors savoury rice (all flavours are syn-free). Quorn sausages and boiled egg are nice in a salad. I have a food flask and sometimes take sainsburys meat-free ravioli, that's syn free too. You could make a frittata with veg/potatoes/pasta, whatever you like, that's nice cold for lunch. I also take fruit and yogurts to work for snacking on.

I am working today & have a bulgar wheat salad. All I did was cover the bulgar wheat in boiling water then when that has swelled up & cooled a bit add any veg you got. I am currently loving baby picked beetroot & grapes in mine but add toms & cucumber. Add some sin free salad dress or some fresh herbs. I put some parsley from my garden in.
It works well with cous cous & buckwheat too. I even tried pearl barley & that was really filling

HTH x

I'm a big fan of couscous I use the plain with marigold stock its yummy

I am working today & have a bulgar wheat salad. All I did was cover the bulgar wheat in boiling water then when that has swelled up & cooled a bit add any veg you got. I am currently loving baby picked beetroot & grapes in mine but add toms & cucumber. Add some sin free salad dress or some fresh herbs. I put some parsley from my garden in.
It works well with cous cous & buckwheat too. I even tried pearl barley & that was really filling

HTH x

Is bulgarwheat free i know i have some in my cupboard, and often wondered what to do with it, and love your idea of beetroot and grapes. Do you have anyother idea on how to use it.......

I am doing EE plan

many thanks

Is bulgarwheat free i know i have some in my cupboard, and often wondered what to do with it, and love your idea of beetroot and grapes. Do you have anyother idea on how to use it.......

I am doing EE plan

many thanks

Yup it's free :) I put it in peppers/ use it instead of rice. I find it has a bit more oomph than cous cous

green salad with apples and grapes add in - sweetcorn as well on green plan

pasta and chopped up peppers

couscous - i love ainsley harriot range

jacket spuds and cheese

sw wedges and ELF mayo!

mugshots

soups

crudities and SW salsa to dip them into!

Gosh im hungry now!!! X

I take couscous too, veggies to crunch on, and an emergency mug shot. Fruit and a muller light too if its going to be a long day.

I deviated from this last week and made a salad to which I added my boiled egg. Needless to say.........the smell.........never again :eek: xx

I concotted a rice salad last night, as follows:

Rice (1 sachet boil in the bag)
half yellow pepper
half red pepper
1 small onion
3 mushrooms
2 handfuls of frozen peas
two table spoons fat free italian dressing
salt, pepper, cayenne pepper

I fried the veg in a squirt of frylight, for a couple of mins, boiled the rice and peas, then added everything to the rice, can be eaten hot or cold, it was lovely, think its free, just not sure about the salad dressing?

Thanks everyone for your ideas.

Wish-that sounds lovely. Might try that this week and need to look into these mugshots, never heard of them before! Xxx

Thanks everyone for your ideas.

Wish-that sounds lovely. Might try that this week and need to look into these mugshots, never heard of them before! Xxx

It was really lovely, you could maybe even add a boiled egg too, if you wanted?

My OH has nicked the rest of it for his lunch box today, I was looking forward to that at lunch time too!

Is the noodle one free as well?

Mug Shot Noodle Snack, Chow Mein, dried 55g sachet

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 9½ Syns

Mug Shot Noodle Snack, Spicy Sweet 'n' Sour, dried 67g sachet
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 10 Syns
green.gif