Green Tea

Claireloulou

We always have green tea in as i really like (strange woman i know) but im not sure what it actually does. I know its supposed to help with something does anyone know?:confused:

got this from googling

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]To sum up, here are just a few medical conditions in which drinking green tea is reputed to be helpful:[/FONT]

• [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]cancer[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]rheumatoid arthritis[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]high cholesterol levels[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]cariovascular disease[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]infection[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]impaired immune function[/FONT]​

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Other Benefits[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]New evidence is emerging that green tea can even help dieters. In November, 1999, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published the results of a study at the University of Geneva in Switzerland. Researchers found that men who were given a combination of caffeine and green tea extract burned more calories than those given only caffeine or a placebo.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Harmful Effects? [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]To date, the only negative side effect reported from drinking green tea is insomnia due to the fact that it contains caffeine.[/FONT]

Thanks, didnt even occur to me to google it was jsut drinking a cup and while i was browsing. And hurrah for evidence of helping slimmers that shall be my excuse when the hubbyu starts whinging about the smell. :D

I have a couple of mugs of green tea a day. I find it is a bit of an appetite suppressant, as well as helping me get things shifting in the loo department!

I drink it to aid digestion and as Hellie says, a cuppa a day keeps the egg plug at bay! :p

Green Tea is really good for you helps digestion, it can also speed up your metobolic rate :)

I am a green tea drinker to love it makes my tummy feel good.

x x x sam x x x

I drink gallons of the stuff and never noticed it amking me poop. I also put all my weight on whilst drinking gallons, so doesn't sopeed your meatoblism up enough. Do love it though!!

Lynda

I read somewhere that 3 cups burned up 90 cals! No evidence of that here, or the other!

Back