Green tea

Prinzessin

Shoe Queen!
This is really helping curb my hunger! Just thought I would share this with everyone! :D

Handy tip, since I am on the way to Tesco's. Today I have posted in the daily thread that I have had peppermint tea, first time in maybe a year, would reccomend it as a refreshing '3pm -tea break' beverage x

I too have green tea, between breakfast and lunch and then between lunch and dinner and another before bed and im sorted :)

Thanks Prinz... I think it supposed have loads of health benefits. I found two boxes my health nut sister sent me before Christmas -- so, I think I'll start drinking this tomorrow.

MM

Hi I too have been supping green tea on a daily basis - and I actually did some research on it and the health benefits are amazing. Here is what I found be prepared to be amazed. ( I was!!! )

here are just a few medical conditions in which drinking green tea is reputed to be helpful:

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]cancer[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]rheumatoid arthritis[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]high cholesterol levels[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]cariovascular disease[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]infection[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]impaired immune function[/FONT]​

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]The secret of green tea lies in the fact it is rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant: besides inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue. It has also been effective in lowering LDL cholesterol levels, and inhibiting the abnormal formation of blood clots. The latter takes on added importance when you consider that thrombosis (the formation of abnormal blood clots) is the leading cause of heart attacks and stroke.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]New evidence is emerging that green tea can even help dieters. In November, 1999, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published the results of a study at the University of Geneva in Switzerland. Researchers found that men who were given a combination of caffeine and green tea extract burned more calories than those given only caffeine or a placebo.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Green tea can even help prevent tooth decay! Just as its bacteria-destroying abilities can help prevent food poisoning, it can also kill the bacteria that causes dental plaque. [/FONT]

Oooh, that might help with the CD diet bad breath. Probably not as that is from ketones, not tooth decay -- but maybe? Thanks. TB

Back