green tea?

Befanwi

Gold Member
I'm having slow (unexistent) losses at the moment and am sure that I'm 100% on plan.. I've read that coffee can slow losses due to water retention (I drink 5 cups a day some days) and so was looking for something to replace it.. I already drink earl gray but that's caffinated as well.. I've heard that green tea is beneficial to weight loss but not sure how substantiated that is? Any drink it and seeing benefits? Also.. Are the ones flavoured with lemon free?

Thanks xx

Green tea is awesome, the green tea with blackcurrent is nommy from holland and barret and not at all bitter(though no idea if it has syns). Its great for getting rid of bloat and gret for drinking during that time of the month

Hiya,

I know you've been referred to a previous thread but since I started Slimming World I've swapped my coffee (loads of milk, two sugars) for caffeinated green tea (no milk, no nothing).

Personally I love it and can drink buckets of the stuff. My weight loss so far has been 11lbs in three weeks. I'm still quite new to the plan so my body could be reacting to that and I've been eating a lot of superspeed foods. However, after a few weeks I'm not really enjoying my lattes anymore and am using my HexA on my weetabix instead.

i drank green tea a while ago, thought i would give it a go this week as put on last week and have lost 4 lbs am going to keep it up.

if you are worried about the caffine they do a decaffinated one aswell.

Bought my first box, so fingers crossed :) was hoping I'd find some lemony flavoured green yes, but could only get the original one in the supermarket at the train station.. So there you go :) I'm willing to suffer a litte bitterness if it gets my scales moving again :) much better for me than so much coffee anyway, I'm sure..

X

Ooh, I'm gonna give this a go myself ;) My 3 drinks are coffee, wine and water ... not necessarily in that order :D

I've got a nice Twinings lemon and ginger in the cupboard but because it says on the box "a reviving combination of citrus flavour and spice" I automatically thought it had caffeine in it. However, I have just read the box properly and it doesn't have caffeine in it ;)

Ali* said:
Ooh, I'm gonna give this a go myself ;) My 3 drinks are coffee, wine and water ... not necessarily in that order :D

I've got a nice Twinings lemon and ginger in the cupboard but because it says on the box "a reviving combination of citrus flavour and spice" I automatically thought it had caffeine in it. However, I have just read the box properly and it doesn't have caffeine in it ;)

Mine are water, earl gray, coffee and red wine.. In reverse order :) just put the kettle on, so here goes :)

to bring out the flavour and get rid of the bitterness I find putting a tsp sweetener in herbal teas.
I drink clipper green tea with ginseng and raspberry - tis lovely
or twinings green and cranberry or green and pomegranate

Twinings Lemon and Ginger is lovely, my favourite when I have a sore throat.

I went to a lecture recently about the beneficial effects of flavonoids in foods and drinks. Green tea has a lot of these, apparently, and recent research (not yet published, so I can't point you to the actual source) shows some positive results in improving brain function with flavonoids.

So we could get thinner AND cleverer!!

Oh I will have to buy some and give it a whirl ... thanks x

peppermint is nice, but I have to have a sweetner in it...

you could always put your own lemon into the green tea.. whether a slice of fresh or a squeeze of the plastic lemon..

I love my peppermint green tea.

ColJack said:
peppermint is nice, but I have to have a sweetner in it...

you could always put your own lemon into the green tea.. whether a slice of fresh or a squeeze of the plastic lemon..

I like the taste of peppermint tea and it does help with digestion apparently, but the hot drink leaving your mouth feel monty and cold is a strange sensation!

Might try a slice, but tbh from my first couple of cups I like the taste :) not something I was expecting as green tea doesn't look all that appetising..

Back