Green Tea

skinnyone0

Hi all hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine, just a quicky can you have green tea? my son just introduced me to it today and it is lovely so much nicer than black tea and no need for a sweetner.

YES, its allowed and perfect. I drink loads of it. Twinnings is my favourite but lots of other makes around.
GSQ

I've not tried green tea, tend to go for peppermint. Is it nice? Think I'll give it a try! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah green tea is enjoyable but I always think it takes a bit of getting used to if I haven't had it for a while.

BF

As bf says yes greentea is allowed. Personally I go for peppermint (also allowed) and if you fancy combining the two then jacksons do green tea with peppermint!

Just as an fyi green tea has around 1/2 the caffeine in of black tea and is high in oxidants so is far healthier. Not everyone's cup of tea though!! (couldn't resist!)

cheers
P

Think I will give that one a try .... what about fruit teas are they allowed? x

Skinniminx said:
Think I will give that one a try .... what about fruit teas are they allowed? x

Best avoided - may contain citric acid which can knock some people out of ketosis. The Exante web site says nothing except water, green tea, coffee and black tea without milk.
GSQ

Best avoided - may contain citric acid which can knock some people out of ketosis. The Exante web site says nothing except water, green tea, coffee and black tea without milk.
GSQ

Boooooooooooooo thanks for letting me know x

Green tea with citrus is delicious and I'm not usually a fan of anything except 'proper' tea with milk, good and strong!!

What's citrus? I thought lemon etc can knock you out of ketosis?
Green tea is a diuretic too - it makes you wee a lot. I love the taste now,
GSQ

What's citrus? I thought lemon etc can knock you out of ketosis?
Green tea is a diuretic too - it makes you wee a lot. I love the taste now,
GSQ

Tis ok, a bit of lemon juice is allowed on AAM week and what's in a green tea teabag is definately not enough to knock you out of ketosis....(not even sure it's real lemon juice tbh :))

Back