Green Tea

Knoksk

I tried green tea for the first time today, thinking that it would taste of cabbage. I thought this because my dad had it once and the smell really put me off. However, I got green tea with mint, I really enjoyed it.

Just a question though, is it best to just have one cup a day every morning, or do you think I could have one before bed as well?

cabbage lol. Most people I have spoke to who like green tea have one of the variety ones. Green tea with pineapple or mint or ginger. Me personally I think you would have to pay me to drink it. Yuk but I'm not a lover of any herbal teas, just like my builders tea. I don't see why you couldn't have one before bed. unless you are sensitive to caffeine before bed as it has caffeine in it too.

Hiya. I drink quite a bit of green tea, when I'm in the mood, I usually have 3 or 4 cups a day. I love it. Our consultant recommends its use as well, as it can work as an appetite suppressant/speed up your metabolism (according to her), so it may also help to have some an hour or so before meals, that's what I try to do anyway.

Green tea has roughly half the content of most black teas, so it probably won't affect your sleep patterns unless you're hypersensitive to caffeine. I love the Twinings flavoured green teas...I'm drinking a cup of mango and lychee as I type, and I also really like the peach and cherry blossom, apple and pear and tangerine and verbena varieties. Yum! I have about 3-4 cups of various flavours most days :) xx

Oooo I might have one with my tea tonight. Ive been going to the loo every hour on this diet anyway....sure one extra cup of tea wont hurt me ( not that you all wanted to know that but still lol)

I've tried loads of different flavours of green tea and didn't like any of them. Tetley now do a blend of normal tea and green tea and its lovely. The packet says it has all the goodness of green tea but tastes like normal tea.

The cabbage comment made me laugh lol. I really don't like the taste of green tea. I prefer fruit teas like mixed berries, apple and pear and I enjoy peppermint tea too.

All of these teas have less caffeine in them compared to normal tea and coffee so I'd imagine its fine to have before bed time xxxx

The pukka teas are a thing of beauty, especially the three mint and chamomile & vanilla. Delicious!

The pukka teas are a thing of beauty, especially the three mint and chamomile & vanilla. Delicious!

I quite like the pukka detox tea x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

3 cups of green tea are supposed to use up 80 cals!

I have soooo many different tea bags between home and work, at work I have green tea with... mint, pineapple and grapefruit, peach and cherry blossom, lemon, pear and apple
at home I have currently got some tea which are just morrisons own stuff, I have pear and vanilla and camomile with honey.
I go through times where I drink up to 5 cups a day but can then go for weeks where I don't drink any. I don't like fruity teas such as the berry ones, they have a bitter taste to me.

I love green tea just started drinking it again and trying to have 3 cups a day

I used to drink loads of green tea but have been more on the black coffee lately. Should get back to the green tea though as I have so much of it! My favourite one is the Twinings green tea with cranberry, it tastes like Christmas! :D I also like the jasmine one, that's really light and fragrant. I've also got a box of Whittards Cherry Blossom white tea, which is gorgeous!

Anyone have personal experience with green tea boosting weight loss?

I drink loads ov green tea love the twinings green tea wiv lemon i started drinking it wen i first started slimming world as i was told it boosts weight loss i carnt say if it does or not becos i find ifI stick to plan my losses are always gud x

Back