Green with the odd SP days

La Follia

This my umpteenth time of doing SW, I hope to lose a decent amount (yet again - sigh) and this time keep it off. Every time I've succeeded I thought my head was in a good enough place to stay in a healthy weight range. Obviously not. Now, I'm looking at all those other times and counting them as practise runs, Practise makes perfect, yes? This time I'll get there and stay there. Maybe not quite perfect but this is time for success and maintaining that success.

I actually started SW last Wednesday, so first WI is tomorrow. I've been doing a cross between green an sp but had a day of unwise choices, and then another ( :( ) so today is being pretty low in food intake. I had an extra lot of HX B last night but as it was gone midnight I'm putting them on today's food list and not having any more.

HX B - 2 Alpen light jaffa style bars

1 big bowl of tomatoes and green beans with vegan quorn spiced up and cooked that has lasted me most of the day so far

Cups of tea with Alpro Light HX A

First WI 6lbs off, yay :)

Food:
2 handfuls of uncounted walnut halves that I'm counting as 2 x HXb
A big bowl of black eyed beans, green beans, tomatoes and onions that did a couple of meals
1 big choccie bar that I think was 12 syns.

Don't know what supper will be yet

Cups of chai with Alpro light

SF orange squash

Supper: mushrooms and baked beans. More syns: Approx 3o syns worth of Linda McCartney sausage rolls.

Well, Easter was fun. I've had a couple of days of overdoing it on chocolate and muesli - chocolate!!!! I spent the most I've ever done on a massive order from Animal Aid vego bars, something like a cross between milky ways and mars bars called buccaneer bars and stocked up with vegan choccies from Aldi and Lidl. Bearing that in mind, I think I've done very well to stick to cabbage and butter bean soup all day. Yesterday was something yummy I invented with tofu, aubergine and truffle infused olive oil. I called it a green day so had the oil as a B choice. WI in two days time so we shall see. My first week's loss was amazing - 6 lbs off! I'm hoping to get my first half stone award at least.

Well. Not so good. 1 lb on. I thought I had compensated for the days with a larger intake but obviously not so. Still, I am not disheartened, I have been making some very healthy choices since last Wednesday.

For example, oh the yummy yummy salad of chick peas, parsley, red onion and tomato with a dressing of balsamic vinegar and white truffle infused olive oil. All according to SW guidelines and very worth eating. I'll have to find out how to do pictures on here.

I've been getting into aubergines too. Aubergines with tomatoes and butter beans with dill !!! ~I'm getting weighed on Monday this week so that means only half a week's loss will show on the scales. I'm still hoping to achieve my first half stone.

Hello La Follia, I hope your weigh in went well!

I'm also doing SW and am wanting to transition from veggie to vegan. I'm just a little concerned as due to breastfeeding, its recommended I have 3-4 HEXa's a day. I struggle now, and as I'm still trying out all the non dairy milk, I'm worried I won't be having enough.

Any advice you may have would really help :) (sorry for the essay)

Hi Destiel, sorry, life got complicated again and I wasn't here to see your reply. How's you and the baby doing? The concern for BFing is calcium, and making sure you get enough calories, isn't it? My children were past that stage when I first started SW so I have no BF SW and vegan advice. If your losses are not what you would like, how about using something like the Alpro Coconut or the Almond yogurt substitutes instead of the extra A choice? They are two syns a 500g pot and calcium fortified. Goodness knows why 2 syns, the normal plain one has just the same nutritional breakdown and is (I think) 8 syns a pot. Ludicrous. OR, you could always take calcium supplements without the food. Do you make sure you have enough Vitamin D? If you are wanting to be vegan D2 is the one you need as D3 comes from lanolin. You'll also need to make sure you get B12, it is rare to get enough of this naturally. Animals are injected with it, or given fortified foods so animal products have B12 in them, vegans cut out the animal and take the B12 directly.

I use the low cal almond milk for cooking to up the nutritional content of rice for the family, and using the low calorie one means I can join in too. You get a litre of that for an A choice. The Alpro coconut one makes great coconut tasting dishes if you cook with it, or use the almond one with potatoes to make mash, or add it to speed soups.

It's been a very uneven week so far. Coming back from WI on Wednesday I had three rolls with Tesco own brand non dairy cream cheese and more. Then did two days solid of speed soup with HEs. Today was my birthday meal out - a treat from my daughter. We went to a Japanese restaurant and went around the Natural History Museum for a bit. Goodness only knows the syns in what I had - deep fried tofu has to be a bit syn heavy! Delicious though! Breakfast was well on plan with frylighted mushrooms and tomatoes with a couple of syns worth of V Bites rashers and fried up mashed potato cake. I think it has better be some more speed soup days or similar for the next couple of days. I set myself a goal of 3lbs off this week. I'd love to achieve that.

I am amazed I'm not binging. Can it be that I really have changed inside? All sorts of family problems, political chaos that I have been quite involved with and here I am sitting here eating an apple. Amazing.

Back