Greeneyes will PERSEVERE.........

You are both looking fab! Glad the weight is moving again for you, for me it seems harder to shift any gains... need to be doing something differently! Cut cals, add in exercise, something. I guess I will work it out!

Must be amazing to be a gran, and such a glam one!

xxx

Oh he's lovely, but look at you!! I can't believe you can be a grandmother and look like you do....you must have been a Child Bride!! I keep telling people that about me but I don't think they believe me!!

Glad things are better this week.

Thanks for your kind comments Katy and Bess... Something really funny happened this evening. My dad and my stepmum popped in and I forgot about the losing weight, and I hadn't mentioned it to them as that isn't the sort of thing we talk about on the phone and I normally only see them once a year, so not since before Christmas last year. They were so surprised by my weightloss and did say that if they had of seen me in the street they would have walked straight past as they wouldn't have recognised me..... ha ha, my own dad didn't recognise me, how funny is that... anyway, nearly makes up for the 3 chocolates that I ate... and my stepmum saying how do you keep the weight off, by starving? Ha ha, if only people knew how hard it was and that I am definately not starving myself.

Wow, you're looking fab in that pic and he's a little cutey. Nice comments from your family must have been a boost. It's weird that I think dieting becomes such a part of your life that you do almost forget you've lost masses and it must be quite a shock to people who haven't seen you in a while.

Ireland sounds fun - not a fan of guinness though! Now gimme an Irish Coffee and that's a different story :)

Great to have comments like that! I have wondered who haven't seen since I lost weight so they can be surprised too!
My Dad used to work for a meat company in Ireland and years ago they used to order a freshly killed steer to put in the Guinness every few days.....I wonder if they still do the same? It was a long time ago.........

Bess, nooooooo.... think it works with quorn?

Greeneyes, you should be proud. You've done so well and yes, maintaining is hard but we are all still here, right? Should name ourselves the won't-give-up-girls. Your Dad must be very proud too, of his inspiring daughter. Yay Greeneyes!

xxx

Aaah Linda - he's adorable and as I've said before you look so young!
I'm feeling broody now (must avoid babies and baby picture until it passes LOL!)...

This maintenance lark is so hard - we're like swans really :D:rolleyes: looking gorgeous to others (I wish) but having to work so hard under the surface to keep afloat...

Hey linda, love the piccy of grandson, he's looks georgous and so do you of course..lookin fab!! glad you are all calm and cool about everything, it's nice when that feeling comes. Lovely comments from family too, reminds you how hard you worked to get where you are now...well done you!

Have a fab time in Ireland...not a guiness fan either....but Baileys in my coffee mmm had few of those in Dublin..lovely!

xxx

Bess, nooooooo.... think it works with quorn?

xxx

It was something to do with enzymes and iron (from the blood?) and they wanted them skinned and whole! I'll have to see if there's a vegetarian warning on the cans and then we'll know they still do it!!

Hmmmm, are you all trying to put me off the guinness.... I dont like the taste of it in UK, but in Ireland it tastes so different... must be the steer I guess, although last time we went we visited the guinness factory and you go through each stage of how its made... must admit it didn't mention a steer, maybe they didn't want to put anyone off... lol

OMG... I thought you meant something to do with seasoning meat... not putting COWS into Guinness!!! Arghhh! I drank many a half pint in the past, on basis that it was good for iron. Where id that iron come from???? Please, nobody tell me they put day-old chicks into Baileys... or kittens into vats of boiling chocolate...

On second thoughts, tell me that they do. My binge days would be over.

xxx

What a thought! I think if most of us saw food prep done at source, that'd put us off for life. I used to love tinned hotdogs until i watched a programme on how they make them. Mechanically reclaimed meat where they power blast the carcass with water and then scrape up all the little blasted off its of meat and use them in the sausages. Ugghh. Not had them since and that was about two years ago.
Please someone tell me what awful stuff goes into chocolate like Katy!
(not awful Katy into choc, you know what i mean :-x)

OMG... I thought you meant something to do with seasoning meat... not putting COWS into Guinness!!! Arghhh! I drank many a half pint in the past, on basis that it was good for iron. Where id that iron come from???? Please, nobody tell me they put day-old chicks into Baileys... or kittens into vats of boiling chocolate...

xxx

They do Katy, they do!! Maybe that's why proper nice chocolate make me purrrr with delight :rolleyes:

I don't even know what a Steer is - sometimes it's good being a foreigner :D Ignorance is bliss!

xxx

They do Katy, they do!! Maybe that's why proper nice chocolate make me purrrr with delight :rolleyes:

I don't even know what a Steer is - sometimes it's good being a foreigner :D Ignorance is bliss!

Well, on Radio 4 last week they did mention how the Swedes (you listening Alli?!) are dealing with their rabbit problem by using the carcasses to run a power station. No fluffy bunny huggers in Sweden then!! Or at least they are being kept in the dark!!
...Well not actually, since bunny carcasses are being used to provide electric light.....ramble ramble ramble...

LOL - Soo many people have mentioned this bunny thing to me since it was reported!

Every year loads of rabbits are killed in Stockholm in order to keep the bunny population under control. There shouldn't really be any "wild" bunnies in the city but a group of animal rights activists set a lot of bunnies free from a laboratory many years ago (no doubt with the best of intentions) and then careless families have added to the population by not looking after their pets properly and now there's a real problem. There are no natural enemies in inner City Stockholm and so no natural restriction of the bunnies. As mentioned, culling the rabbits has been going on for years and it has not been newsworthy. Previoulsy the dead carcasses were simply buried but now they've found a way to use the carcasses for heating. If the rabbits need to be culled (a whole different discussion) then they might as well make the best use of the waste?? Some crematoriums in Sweden are hooked up to the energy network as well - It's all about sustainability really...although it's sad as bunnies are so cute looking...

This would never have caused so much uproar if it was rats instead of bunnies

Do I sound horribly heart less? I don't mean to be - I wish all those bunnies were happily living in their natural environment but unfortunately this is one not so pleasant side effect of the pet industry...

:17729:

No of course you don't sound heartless, I'm with you, just teasing you and Katie!!
True about the steer (it's a bullock) in the Guninness though!)
These animal rights people can be so extreme. We have problems with mink here which have been 'set free', they are nasty creatures. Personally I can't see the difference between rearing animals for meat/milk or fur as long as good husbandry is followed. I'd be one of the last people on the planet to mistreat an animal but I do find there's such a lot of ingnorance and misinformation about.
I remember having a real lecture from someone who thought we were dreadful for rearing our own lambs for our own consumption ( slaughtered here, and I was there - very quiet, peaceful and they were not afraid, nor were the others who weren't due to be killed but were together. Keeping them in a small flock keeps them happy.) She turned on her heel and stalked away, wearing leather shoes!! I later saw her in a cafe eating cheese on toast! I wonder if she knows now how many bullcalves are killed at birth so we can drink milk, or if she's heard the cows and calves crying for each other for days when they are seperated so that we can drink milk.
Hmm, pehaps we'd better not go there!!

Shall I tell you about my vegan years? Eight years and had both of my kids too as a strict vegan... local doctor nearly had heart failure until she saw the babies were healthy & fine. (They have been brought up veggie but not vegan). I spent a lifetime in canvas shoes trying to save the world, but funnily enough living in the country does put it all in perspective. It fits together, somehow, but I think farming only works for me if it is free range and it very often isn't. The small flocks of sheep and home slaughter, that is how it SHOULD be. And... I suppose as you get older you learn to see other viewpoints.

I will always be veggie, but now I do eat dairy & quorn & eggs. (The protein matters... I know that now, from CD experience). And CAKE... sigh. And... gulp... wear leather shoes. But maybe when I am a very old lady I will be vegan again... I have seen cows when their calves are taken away, and they CRY. They howl. It breaks your heart.

For the record, it is possible to be vegan & fat... I think you have to eat a LOT of food to feel full when the food is very protein-low. I used to make chocolate cake with cocoa powder & tons of vegetable oil... bleughhh. None of it really helped in my messed up food relationships.

Um... I guess you said best not go there, and I just did. Hope you're all still speaking to me!

xxx

Nope not ever speaking to you again! - How dare you be veggie and have convictions???

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Question is - will you speak to the bunny boiler Swede (who for the record have never ever boiled or otherwise hurt a bunny in all my life!)?

How very deep today! Im not veggi but buy my eggs organic and try to always get organic meat too. I like the programmes where they show what happens in the industry....things like that should be shown in school so kids know where their food comes from. Its my dream to be able to have a few acres and have my own chickens again, i did have some a few years ago but its not really practicable at the minute where i live.

Back