Greeneyes will PERSEVERE.........

The last time I was weighed by my CDC the scales gave me a 1lb loss, I was quite disappointed and my CDC saw this and got me to weigh again but this time to look straight ahead and this time they said 2lbs loss. So something as small as that can make a 1lb difference.

You shouldn't feel like a failure after loosing 53 lbs, it's an absolutely amazing loss but it's important that you get your goals set at the right place for you as well and also that you feel that you can reach them. Perhaps think about what weight you want to eventually maintain at and aim for that, both seem very respectable figures to me.

It's very interesting that your CDC said that you might need to up your program to continue to loose weight because of the exercise, I wasn't aware of that before.

Jan

Wednesday 8th July
Official WI - Gained 1lb (although lost 0.2lb according to my scales)
My CD thinks this is because I have started at the gym, so we shall see next week, I guess in 15 weeks this is the first gain and I have been expecting it which is why I put of joining the gym.....

Breakfast:- boiled egg and granary bread
Snack just before gym:- Choc Mint Shake (also put off having this until after official WI)
Lunch:- Cottage Cheese, green salad leaves, celery, cucumber and 1tsp fat free dressing. Choc bar
Snack:- 1 total 0% fat free yoghurt flavoured with a bit of my mint choc shake
Dinner:- Half quorn allowance, fresh chilli, mushrooms flavoured with tandoori spices, plus courgettes and couscous flavoured with fresh coriander.
I felt quite hungry in the evening too, did yesterday too, not sure if it is because I have joined the gym and am burning an extra 250 cals, nearly added an extra shake but managed to not bother. This evening we are going to start building a shed, so this will take my mind off food.... apparently it takes 2 "men" at least a day to build.... should be a laugh!! Have a great 100% day folk..

Hi Linda, Don't worry too much about the gain it could possibly be your carb stores now that they are added in on 1000 it'll even itself out after a bit.

Good luck with the shed building!
Have a fab day
xx

The shed is not looking good as there are bits missing.... and now it is weekend and we cannot contact them... A major roof strutt and some bolts... so cant see it going up too soon.

Thursday 9th July
Weighed myself:- 10 stone 4.8lb
Lost 1.4lb

Breakfast:- 40g Muesli and milk from allowance
Snack:- Total 0% yoghurt with small amount of choc mint shake in
Lunch:- Choc mint shake, salad leaves, celery, cucumber, half cottage cheese allowance.
Snack:- Choc shake
Dinner:- 40g couscous, half quorn allowance, fresh chillis, courgette, mushrooms in a hot chilli sauce.

Was quite happy with my choices today, have been hungrier since going to the gym, will see if I lose weight this week and then decide whether to move up the plans.

Well done on the weight loss, what a good idea to flavour your plain yoghurt with a shake as well.

Menu sounds lovely as always.

Jan

The shed is not looking good as there are bits missing.... and now it is weekend and we cannot contact them... A major roof strutt and some bolts... so cant see it going up too soon.

Thursday 9th July
Weighed myself:- 10 stone 4.8lb
Lost 1.4lb

Breakfast:- 40g Muesli and milk from allowance
Snack:- Total 0% yoghurt with small amount of choc mint shake in
Lunch:- Choc mint shake, salad leaves, celery, cucumber, half cottage cheese allowance.
Snack:- Choc shake
Dinner:- 40g couscous, half quorn allowance, fresh chillis, courgette, mushrooms in a hot chilli sauce.

Was quite happy with my choices today, have been hungrier since going to the gym, will see if I lose weight this week and then decide whether to move up the plans.
How has your weekend been so far greeneyes?

Hey Linda, how you doing? hope all is well after the family meal

x

Yesterday didn't go too badly, had fresh salmon, roasted mediterranean vegetables, beetroot and orange salad and some more conventional salad, plus a tiny bit of homemade coleslaw which had very little mayonnaise in, but did succumb to a piece of chocolate cheesecake and some raspberries, blueberries and blackberries with whipped cream and mascerpone cheese, which I was really pleased with, and fancied a bit more fruit and cream but as there was none left I had a bit more cake with the cream, and then realised I shouldn't have eaten it. For supper as we hadn't intended to stay so late there was battered fish, the rest of the salad and french bread and cheese, and so I had half a piece of fish, a slice of bread and butter and a small piece of cheese, a couple of bits of tomato and some more beetroot and orange salad... I avoided all alchohol and only drunk water, tea and coffee... and this morning when I got on the scales I weighed 10 stone 4.6lb which is .6lb more than I weighed yesterday morning, so really really pleased with that and now dont feel so bad about that extra piece of cake.... lol Have been on course again today and have been strictly 1000 calories, so hoping to have lost that extra bit in the morning. Now just to get through next weekend now as they will be with us from Saturday until Monday, so will have a think on what I can feed them which will fill them up but still be healthy.
Will have to contact shed people in the morning so they can send out the missing pieces, hope it doesn't take too long, the more fiddly bits are finished (this is a metal shed and the roof is a bit fiddly but nearly finished apart from the missing bit) just need to build the body of the shed. Back to gym also tomorrow and will try and go every day this week.

Admiring your gym determination!

xxx

Had a good day yesterday... got on the scales today and had put on more weight, not sure how, was 100% 1000 plan yesterday, but I still have trouble going to the toilet and haven't been since Friday, but luckily the tablets have since kicked in and maybe the scales will show a loss tomorrow.... not really sure what to do about my constipation, I have tried taking sennokot extra at night, but they dont work, have also tried psyllium husks 3 times a day and they dont do anything either, so I resort to dulcolax again as I dont want to leave it too long... (great topic I know)...
Anyway, have been to the gym and the machines tell you how many calories you burn and today I burned 410, and once you have taken that off of the 1000 plan I am on that doesn't leave too many for my body to function on which would explain why I am even more tired than normal, so have decided to add an alpen bar (only 70 calories) to my morning snack and an apple in the afternoon, but not really sure what to do, whether I should move up plans or what, I dont want to give up the exercise as I am totally unfit and really do need to get fit, so am at a bit of a loss here, plus the scales have gone up today..... just seem to always be arguing with my head what I should be doing, should I aim for 10 stone 5lb or should I aim for my target of 10stone even though I think I am thin enough now.... awwww cannot wait to finish this now....

Hey linda, don't stress too much on the daily fluctuations of the scales, mine go up and down constantly and i've learnt not to take too much notice after 6 months!! Only you know if you are happy with your current weight/size, i found i was struggling to to achieve more after i reached goal i think for me it was feeling of having to work towards something until i snapped and had a complete miserable meltdown and gave myself a good talking to, I am happy as i am and had to come to terms witht he fact my weightloss journey was over and now all i needed to do was think in terms of being happy n healthy.
You'll find the answer hun!

xx

Lelly, just before I read this post I realised myself that the problem with saying yes this is the weight I want to be is that there are no longer any goals to aim for. I told hubby this morning I wanted to be 9 stone 10lb as that is what he was last time he weighed himself and I wanted to be the same as him.... so you are so right in saying that we need something to work towards.... where do we go once we are there... and at the end of the day do we go by our scales or our CDCs as my CDC weighs me slightly higher as obviously I am dressed and have had breakfast before she weighs me, so am thinking mine, which means that I am now 10 stone 3lb, so do I go that extra 3lb now to goal.... Maybe when I get there I may give myself that big talking to and get myself to understand I am where I want to be. Your post has been a big help, thank you. I wasn't sure whether to carry on working up the plans, but I think I will as I really need to get off of CD and stop seeing it as the only way to lose weight and keep it off, so tomorrow I will move up to 1200 calories, have bought in some different food which is in the book to eat, so that I gradually move away from the food that I have been used to eating and eat more varied food without worrying what I am eating.

So this morning I weighed myself on my scales and have lost 2lb, so now weigh 10stone 3lb, hope this stays off for official WI tomorrow, am toying with the idea of having no breakfast before WI as it is at 9.30am, and the last few weeks it has been later....

Hey greeneyes, I think your in the perfect position to work up the plans as you are so close, plus your head is in the right place too :) good luck with weigh in tomorrow

Sounds like a fab plan, you are doing great... agree with lelly re: scales fluctuating, try not to let it mess with your head. You will be fine.

xxx

well done on taking the step to 1200 linda, it's another step on the road hun!

xx

Official WI today and I lost 2lb which means I am 1lb away from goal on my CDC scales and 1lb below goal on mine, hopefully I will get there on CDCs scales next week. Moving up to 1200 this week to help combat the calories I am losing at the gym, and then another 1200 week next week which takes me into my holiday, then only 2 more weeks on 1500 and I will be finished with CD forever!! My CDC told me today that she is putting her work on hold until next year, so works out really well, she will finish around the time I do, but she did promise to still come round and weigh me once a month to make sure I am not putting on. So today I have had:-

Breakfast:- Muesli, milk from allowance and choc mint shake

Lunch:- toasted crumpet with beans and topped with poached egg, plus 80g grapes and CD choc bar.

Dinner:- Prawn Stir fry 80g veg and 70 Cals Fruit...

Will do me nicely, have missed prawn stir frys... and was really surprised how much the crumpet, beans and egg filled me up, so much so that I saved my choc bar for mid afternoon. Right, off to cook the families dinner and then mine... hope you all have had a good day.

1lb to go - fantastic. I know it's only words / weights or whatever but I remember how good it felt last time I got to a goal weight I set myself (I'm below that now but have lower targets lol).

I'm so pleased for you - you really deserve this, I can only echo what Raquel said your head is in the right place, you have taken the last steps and changed them a little bit to make them just right for you and it's worked. You are an inspiration.

Jan
x

Back