Greeneyes will PERSEVERE.........

Morning linda, fantastic on the loss and being under goal on your scales, they are the ones you'll go by in the future anyway eh! Glad the maintenance is going really well for you!

xx

Hope all is good with you Greeneyes... and that you're having a fab weekend.

xxx

Well this was the weekend we spend with inlaws who are over from Australia and the weekend I knew I would end up off plan with as I didn't want to diet in front of them. They arrived yesterday, we had soup and rolls for lunch followed with a muller corner yoghurt, I had a small bowl of soup, small piece of bread and a muller corner, for dinner I cooked, not not unhealthy but not particularly low calories, I had a small portion with salad, and instead of having a magnum for desert with 285 cals, I settled for a choc twister with 63 calories, so was very pleased with myself... drank water all evening and avoided the alcohol... got on the scales this morning and I had stayed the same. Woohoo, so proud of myself.

Unfortunately today was a disaster, had my normal breakfast, all well and good, but it was hubbys birthday and we threw a surprise party, I took a plateful of food but not too bad, was pleased I ate it all and was full, had a small piece of banoffee cheesecake with cream for dessert, was happy with that, but for some very strange reason I kept on eating, I was full and for the first time in 16 weeks, I lost control and kept eating, I told DH I was eating and was full and he told me to stop then, but for some strange reason, although my head knew I was full my body kept picking at stuff, and then his parents and brother and girlfriend left much earlier than we had expected so we popped out and came back and I kept on eating, bread and low fat philadelphia, breadsticks and cheese and chive dip (probably very high calorie) and slices of roast beef, then I had some banoffee cheesecake and cream and two glasses of wine, the first alcohol since January, and now I am soooooo stuffed and feel bad and know I have put on weight and just feel like starving myself for a few days.... I cannot believe I lost control.... at least after tomorrow I probably wont see the inlaws for another 6 years..... so so disappointed in myself, such a setback when I have been 100% the whole journey.... am gutted, totally gutted...

Hugs Greeneyes. Don't panic... pull back from the edge and get yourself on track again. If it is any consolation, the steps held several falls like this for me, and they were scary as up until 1000 I had been 100% pretty much. I hate to lose control as it brings back the binge memories, so I do know how you feel. Just wanted to say it is a part of the journey (sometimes) and you mustn't panic, just hold on and get back onto the path and refuse to let guilt, shame or regret derail you. You have come so far, and there is no way you won't get to goal. See this a an especially nasty lesson... and learn from it.
Hugs again.

xxx

Hey Linda..
I have just arrived over here.. and wanted to say Hello........ as we have travelled together on our journey.......
You have done so so well hon and you are so so nearly there!!
Dont beat yourself up about the weekend.. there are going to be days like that but I am sure you are nice and focussed again today hon.. and as you say you wont be seing the inlaws again for 6 years.. so it wont happen again til then lol..
Keep smiling hon!! and can I ask you did I read write have you really got 10 children.. If so I take my hat of to you!!

xxxxxx

There you are. I was wondering were you'd got to.

Stop feeling guilty and certainly to not starve yoursef. The quicker you put it behind you and get back on track with cd the better. Honestly, so you'll be on CD and extra week or so....all the better for us :)

We work so hard for so long and then we all fall off the wagon at some stage but hey at least it's not every day now and only once in a blue moon.

You're so strong so come on keep going, You can do this hun.

Big hugs xxx

You is human honey :) The hard work really begins at the end of maintenance, yeah I know you really wanted to know that but I know you can get there. I've been reading Serena's diary again and she had some tough ol days there, but you can get through.

It's weird when you know that you are eating for no reason but still do it, it's almost like a compulsion. It done now though and if you have put any weight on then you can loose it quickly. Don't be too hard on your self, you have obviously learned from it so it's another step forward in an odd sort of way.

Jan
x

Hi all, have had a slightly better day today, inlaws were coming again today, felt like I should go to the gym and run for ages before they arrived, but I didn't have time and then I would have been hot and sweaty. Put on 1.6lb yesterday, put it behind me and had a shake and muesli for breakfast, we then went out for a slow walk with the inlaws, probably walked for around 2 hours, but just stopping and starting, but a small bit of exercise, came home and I cooked jacket potatoes, I picked a smallish one and put cheese and onion on it.... and then a few baked beans, but usually I would have smothered it with butter aswell, I know I should have picked the tuna, but just love cheese on my potatoes... I then had a twister lolly, only 63 calories so I felt quite good, but this evening after inlaws had left for Heathrow, we had left overs from the party yesterday, please remind me time and time again not to throw parties anymore. I had 1 piece of chicken, I tiny piece of pizza, some pasta salad (tuna, sweetcorn, pepper and pasta with a small amount of mayo), a small amount of salad, then I picked up a sausage and ate it (only a thin one... lol) and then can you believe it I had 2 helpings of banoffee cheesecake with cream... aaaaarrrggghhh, next time I buy dessert it is going to be something with nuts on as I absolutely hate nuts... I made the children finish up the cheesecake so that I couldn't eat anymore of it.... so failed again today, but not as badly as yesterday, will really really try tomorrow, but will be really busy getting everything ready for our holiday on Saturday, need to wash caravan inside and out, buy things I need and can you believe that my car has now refused to go into reverse and I need it to tow the caravan, a friend has offered to lend us his car but we cannot fit all the children in.... son thought he had fixed it yesterday, but today, reverse has disappeared again, hubby now has it in pieces but doesn't really know anything about cars and we dont know anywhere that will fix it by Saturday and it is bound to be mega money anyway..... feeling really down this week, but will lift myself up, I am determined....

Thanks for your support everyone, hope to be back for a while tomorrow to catch up with the threads and post on some of them...

I think that eating the food after the party looks like a stress thing, the in laws came, you did well, then they went and you were able to relax. I bet that 12 months ago you would have eaten 3 times what you had and thought nothing of it.

PS: If you have any more parties, could I come please, sounds great :)

Jan
x

Aw bless you honey you have had a rough few days(((((((hugs))))))) to you. You can never forget the journey you have taken and you have done exceptionally well but this is the hard part of the journey and I know we can all do it with a little help from our friends. Thats what we are here for and we are all human and make mistakes ourselves too - just look at your pics and no matter how nice the food looks it will never give you the feeling that your after pic gives you. Keep your chin up honey you can do this xxx

Hey hon...
you have had a good time and you enjoyed yourself.....I am sure your long 2 hour walk helped you hon..
Tomorrow is a fresh day....... and I am sure everything will be back to normal and all the party food will be gone!!! epsecially the cheesecake...
Keep smiling hon you have done so well.........
xxx

Hang on in there Greeneyes, it will get better... and the stress levels will subside. Hugs.

xxx

Hope things are getting a bit more sane for you. Take a few deep breaths if you feel stressed and try and detach yourself a bit, and remember that fail to plan = plan to fail.

I'd love to come to one of your parties too but at the rate I'm going, it'll have to be in the new year so I can try lots of your food :)

Hi Linda, Hope you are feeling ok after your little wobble, it happens to most of us, maintenance is a learning curve and if you just keep on keeping on, you'll get where you want to be, most of all... think positive thoughts and be proud of your efforts and determination so far, remember how far it has brought you...keep going one step at a time, it's all we can do!

xx

Okay, well didn't do too well yesterday evening, although I was really pleased with lunchtime, I succumbed yet again to the banoffee cheesecake and cream, so made children eat it all up. I think when my days go to plan I manage to keep to plan, but because this weekend has been so different, that is why I have had problems. Today is back to normal (apart from my car losing its reverse gear and being in the garage, hopefully it wont cost too much to fix if the guy can figure out what is wrong with it)... hopefully I will stick to the diet as the car is not stressing me out at the moment, probably the closer we get to Saturday if the car isn't fixed I might panic as we are supposed to be going on holiday then.
Today I got on scales and have lost 0.2lb, not much but means I didn't totally blow it yesterday. Today I am drinking tons and tons of water as I have been really bad with that all weekend as we have been out loads, so maybe the water will flush all the bad stuff out... I can live in hope anyway. Luckily my WI is a day later this week so maybe the weight will come off by then, I so wanted to reach my goal this week, and now it isn't looking so good. I am hoping to finish using Cambridge products in the next few weeks, but have noticed that some people on maintenance are still using them, now not sure what to do... any advice would be good, thank you. My problem is that my CDC is giving up for a while, so would need to find another CDC just to buy products once I have reached my goal weight, advice on whether this would be worth it would also be appreciated. Thank you.. hope you all have a good day.

Hiya,

Even when I've gone through the plans and been at goal a while I may still use some cd products like the poridge or the bars. I don't mean for ever but just for the odd time. I know my cdc charges £5 to meet with her when we've been through the plans but takes that off any product we buy, so having her on board and having a few products every other week might keep me on track. We have a long way to go after this. I think we all set goals to help spur us on but I'm not sure how many actually reach them within the time limit.

I've noticed a lot of peeps, including myself, blipping or being off plan lately. I think we need something to help spur us on her. What can we do? Is there a point in having another daily group here in maintenence for all of us to chat on? We all have our diaries tho so I'm not sure how it would work.

Hope you're car gets sorted. We need some positive thinking lol xxx

I was so tired of the flavours at the end of CD round one that I was glad to get rid of them. I couldn't justify the cost either but may change my mind this time as the packs can be an easy high protein, low carb backup, especially if you want something sweet!

Well done on the loss Linda you obviously werent as bad as you thought keep on glugging and posting and your will get back on track xxx

Back