Greeneyes will PERSEVERE.........

Happy Birthday, Linda!

:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday:Happy Birthday!!!

Thank you Katy and Mel....... I have just opened my presents, I got a pair of Sketchers Shape Ups which I asked for and some TUK Tartan Teddy boots, some Monsoon perfume, £30 and a Royalty Free Clip Art Book (for my graphic design course.... I passed the exam yesterday, now just have to pass the practical part of it....). Will be getting a few more prezzies throughout the day and we are going to Prezzo tonight. Diet should start in earnest next week, failing badly at the moment. Went to a pub quiz last night and I got bought 2 glasses of wine for my birthday (but we did win the quiz), then Thursday we are at another pub quiz..... at least with my Sketchers I will have a toned fat butt!!!

Happy Birthday hunny, enjoy your lovely presents and have a lovely day
xx

Not failing Greeneyes, on hold... a picnic by the side of the road (or a stopoff on a desert island if we doing the boat analogy...). Wagons/flotillas moving on when you are ready, but no hurry. Enjoy your day.

xxx

Hi Linda

I agree with Katy - not failing, have some time away, and well deserved for a Birthday, Easter and Wedding!
Enjoy your day, and your new pressies too! xx

Happy birthday chick, sounds like you were given some lovely prezzies :D I've got some sketchers a few weeks ago, so we will both have pert little botty cheeks soon :D:D

Have a fabulous day. Enjoy. Diet can wait a few more days xxx

Hi Linda,

It sounds like a good birthday! I love my sketchers and tone-ups.

I have my eye on another pair of Tone-ups sandals (black). I was thinking I'd have to wait for my next mini-target (and I am pretty sure that I was not making a lot of progress towards that)... but then I remembered that American Mothers' Day is the second Sunday in May! Score! I'll go pick them up tomorrow -- and give them to DH to have DD wrap. Kind of sad that I get my own gifts, but we are rather practical people.

I think I will also ask DH to take me to this Murder Mystery Dinner at the end of May, too.

Happy birthday for yesterday Linda, so sorry I missed it! Typical! I was so busy yesterday I didn't have time for a skim round the diaries. Glad you had a good day. Your course sounds interesting- Graphc Design? What will the practical part be? xxx

Hey GE, hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Wishing a fab start back on your plan this week!

xx

Hi Linda,

I hope your holiday weekend went well. How was the theme park on Friday? Did they have big screeens to show the wedding?

GE getting worried hun... are you OK? Please come back, we miss you!

xxx

Linda, I hope that things are ok with you hun. Please pop by, even if it is just for a quick hi and to let us know that you are alright.

We do miss you. xxx

Hi Linda,

How are things? Are you CDing, doing SW, etc.? How are Mr Depp and all your children doing? The turtle still okay? We need details... we are all wondering what is up with the Depps!

Mel

Morning all, sorry I haven't been around...... so busy didn't realise so much time had passed..... plus my imac went to the apple hospital on Monday so only have my Macbook Pro which seems to lag when I have too many windows open.

Theme park was good, not mega busy and we got on all the rides we wanted to, we even made our 10 year old go on the scary rides that he was big enough for and he said he was scared but afterwards he said he had liked them actually..... ha ha, he is braver than he thought. No screens for the wedding but there was a programme on in the evening which I watched with all the highlights. Saturday we went to visit daughter at Uni (it is actually only around 15 miles away and she often comes here but we were in the area) so we did some geocaching on campus and didn't get home until late. Had been shopping to buy daughter a charm bracelet for her 18th birthday next week, we have bought all the girls one when they reach 18.

Monday we went to Lakeside to take my imac back to the Apple shop, all under guarantee so no problem there, just the inconvenience, plus it is not easy carrying a 27" screen from the car to the shop either..... very very heavy.

Have finished my graphic design course, I passed the written test and have now submitted my portfolio.... not sure you can fail that bit, just needs to be critiqued.... then off to a Church meeting last night and I had to do an hours of Life Coaching with someone afterwards.... so busy busy busy. Tonight is pub quiz.... ha ha, we came joint second last week.

Dietwise..... well Monday was last blow out day, even had Krispy Kreme doughnuts.... but Tuesday I started SWing.... I did well Tuesday, although I decided to have a pint of full fat milk for my syns so I could have a couple of latte's but didn't realise they were 18.5 syns per pint, so did go over my daily syn allowance. Yesterday changed the pint of milk to skimmed milk so only 9.5 syns and I had a mini Swirl to make up the others, unfortunately at church I had a few jam and cream sandwich biscuits... dont know why I wasn't hungry as I had cooked loads of potatoes at dinner time to have with our chicken, carrots and green beans, so went over my syns yet again.... but I am trying which is more than I was before, hopefully I will get there in the end.

Thanks for all your messages, very much appreciated. Off to catch up with everyone's threads now.

Greeneyes, so glad to see you back! I went over my syns all the time at the start on SW but the more I tried the easier it got, I am loving the framework of it and find it so much better (for me) right now. I really hope it will help you too.

xxx

Hi Linda,

I got a giggle out of this bit in your post:
plus my imac went to the apple hospital on Monday so only have my Macbook Pro which seems to lag when I have too many windows open.

The fact that you "only" have a MacBook Pro... hee hee. I thought I was spoiled with a laptop (my DD's officially) and a netbook (mine). And, I have a "not very smart" phone -- no internet and pretty old. I do have a chalkboard and white board, though. And pens, pencils and paper. ;)

I am glad you are back and had a good day out with the family on Friday. I really interested in the geocaching thing. I am going to look into it.

I may be joining Weight Watchers, soon -- and using that as my "check" and maintenance once I reach goal. I can cook South Beach and follow the WW programme quite easily.

I hope you and yours are well -- your post to Chels was very kind and helpful, me thinks.

Mel

Back