Greeneyes will PERSEVERE.........

Awww Linda - You are clearly not in a good place at the moment! I've been where you are and I go through phases of eating in secret, stuffing an unbelievable amount of junk into me on a daily basis (I can easily eat 2 tubes of Pringles in a sitting and then have a pt of ice-cream etc). It's such a horrible situation to get out of especially as most days I used to start the day convinced to be healthy and by mid afternoon it would all unravel and I'd spend the evening eating. I'd go to bed uncomfortable and despairing and then the next day I'd get up convinced that today would be the day that things would change and by mid afternoon etc etc...

I think it's such a hard cycle to break but you WILL eventually break it. Maybe you are not ready yet but sooner or later you will be ready and then you'll get going again. I wish I could find the inspiration and motivation for you but only you can do that and it's so so hard.

I am trying to reduce the amount of sugar / carbs that I eat mainly because my migraines have returned and I've had 2 episodes in 3 weeks but also as I am sure I'm addicted to sugar. I don't have an issue with wheat, rice, pasta etc but the sugar in cakes, sweets and crisps definitely sets off my cravings so I'm hoping by cutting right down it will help me in multiple ways. In order to do that I've stopped dieting as such as I can't calorie count and watch sugar/carbs - it would be too much for me so for nowI'm eating for health. Maybe you could see if you could make the decision to not have sugar in its purest form for a few days but eat whatever you wanted other than that. That way you'd get a break from cakes, chocolate, sweets, alcohol etc but you would still be able to eat lots. I think if you committed to do this for just 2-3 days you would find your bingeing reduce enough for you to be able to take a step back and regain some perspective.

Sorry for the long post - feel free to ignore me if you like and you may not be able to relate to anything in my post ;) but I just wanted to remind you that many of us have been through phases like yours and found the strength to get back on a more productive and easier path (a bumpy path but a path nonetheless :p).

Big hugs! Please stay in touch - no one is here to judge you - many of us muddle through a few good days and a few bad ones and don't get very far at all but it is a life long journey so there's no rush as long as we keep trying. I've set up camp in the gold member diary section - it's a bit more private - feel free to join us if you like. It might help.

Hi Linda, oh hunny, i really feel for you i do, i know how this feels and i'm sure a lot of us do, some really good advice from Alli...but I think the eating for health thing could really help break the cycle ....not much more to add but really glad you have felt you could post and share with us, we all worry when one of us goes missing, you are not alone hun. we're here for you.
big hugs xxx:grouphugg:

I thought I would try and get on here to post......

Chels...... just to let you know that I am not depressed, I am infact most of the time really really happy, better than I have been for a while which is maybe why I am eating...... I am not sure...

Alli, that definately makes sense, I buy myself weightwatcher friendly food and then eat it all, so this week have decided to cut down. Unfortunately son has just bought me a pack of crunchie which I would normally eat all 4 bars in 1 day. I have taken one and told him to only give me one back a day.

I have found it a bit easier this week, maybe because the children are around and I haven't eaten as much as normal. I buy lots of healthy stuff and it sits in the fridge.... but I treat each day as a new day and I will get there eventually..... just a shame that I will have tons more weight to lose than I did before this binging.....

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments, they are all much appreciated.

Hi Linda,

I am so glad that you came back on and posted.

A lot of us have set up diaries in the Gold Members section and if you wanted to set one up there -- new diary for a new start -- it would have restricted access. Only people with ovver 1500 posts could access it, so if you wanted ot talk about difficult things and feel less self-concious about it, you could.

I do think that most people have trouble doing the weight loss programmes on-line. As you signed up for WW perhaps you could switch to an in person meeting.

I went last night with my "coachee" and she has joined. She had done WW before and did okay until she started showing up just to weigh, but stopped staying for the meetings. She said this time she will stay because it is a part of the commitment -- she is also working through Beck with me as her coach. Her mom will join WW and go to the meetings with her. I am not interested in changing to WW atm. I am back doing my CD 810/1000 with South Beach options for the food. (As DH is still living the SB way -- and holding steady at a bmi of 26. He wants to drop to a bmi of 23, so he is going to up the exercsise.)

I am going by her house later today to use my Rosemary Conley Magic Measure to take her starting measurements (you set coloured indicators permanently, then others that match and can be moved) . It is a pretty cool tool. I watched the demo on RosemaryConley.tv. I never bothered to use it for me -- because it was not going to be a huge amount of difference (4 to 5 inches at the most). But, with Coachee -- it is going to be very inspriational.

Do you have a diet coach or partner? I think this could be very helpful.

Take Care,

Mel

Linda, so good to hear from you. I'm sorry that you are going through a bad patch with eating, I doubt there's one of us who hasn't felt the same, the regret is terrific isn't it? And then there's the 'Oh, s*d it' mentality.
Just keep in touch if you can, we're all here for each other in good times and bad. Big hugs xxx

Oh Greeneyes so sorry you are struggling. Am just back from working away and then a holiday, so have missed this but been worrying about you for a while. Your post is exactly the place I was at after falling off the CD wagon once and for all and failing to haul myself onto the SW one. I was out of control, and it was the worst feeling ever, it felt so destructive after all the efforts to lose weight. So I do understand, and I am going to say something that sounds a bit shocking but I wonder if it was a reaction to the weeks/months/years of severe food restriction I had been following. For me, it had become a cycle of binge/starve and then finally after cutting loose from CD (A MASSIVELY scary step for me) I went into free-fall and seemed determined to go right back to square one.

Not sure what changed or how I came out of it, but I did, and got my head around the SW thing. That was a revealation, knowing I could eat well and still lose weight. I'm off plan now, after a holiday abroad, but hope to be back on track very soon. Greeneyes, if I can break the pattern you can too. You can do this, and it doesn't have to mean starvation either... please PM or keep posting if it helps. We have all been there chick... I am guessing it is something I will always have to fight, and as Alli says, I think for me that sugar is a huge danger.

Take care and sending a hug.

xxx

Hi Linda,

Katy is back -- and I wish you were, too!

Mel

Thinking of you Linda and hoping that you are OK? xx

Yeah,

What she said!

Mel

Linda, hang in there, you will get back on track. I've spent the past few months struggling, never seeming to get back to dieting like l did the first time on CD. Since April l've regained the weight (+ a bit more) that l lost after restarting in Feb. Been disappointed in myself for letting this happen, but thinking like that isn't going to help, so now l'm trying again, l've just got to do it, if l don't l know l'll look back in a few months and regret it.

You are not alone in struggling, lots of us do, we've just got to keep trying, little while by little while and we will get there.
I keep thinking of that Beck idea about each time you resist temptation it will be easier to resist next time.

:hug99:

keep thinking of that Beck idea about each time you resist temptation it will be easier to resist next time.

DisneyParis is right -- this Beck idea of "building your resistance muscle" might seem a bit silly, but it does work.

I hope you and your family are well. I am going to look into that geo caching thing you do -- it sounds like a good family fun thing.

Mel

Hi all, thanks for persevering for me and posting on my thread, it is nice to know I am not forgotten..... lol

So update.... last Monday (not yesterday Monday before) I took my little self off to Slimming World and rejoined yet again...... I now weigh what I weighed when I started CD 2 years ago, having put on 1.5 stone since getting down to my this years low of 11.5 stone, so now 13 stone again!!!!!!!

But have stuck to slimming world for a week apart from Saturday when we went to 02 to watch Pentecost 2011 and we ate out at Zizzi, but despite this I still lost 2.5lb this week, again I am doing my best to stick to it, everyone is eating SW friendly meals in the evening, my 10 year old is protesting strongly as he wont eat veg, but tough luck, he will have to learn too (he weighs less than my 8 year old)..... Anyway, so story is, doing well so far, didn't want to post sooner incase it made me rebel and blow it again, but I feel quite settled now, so hopefully everything is under control for now.

Thanks everyone for staying with me xx

Hi all, thanks for persevering for me and posting on my thread, it is nice to know I am not forgotten..... lol

So update.... last Monday (not yesterday Monday before) I took my little self off to Slimming World and rejoined yet again...... I now weigh what I weighed when I started CD 2 years ago, having put on 1.5 stone since getting down to my this years low of 11.5 stone, so now 13 stone again!!!!!!!

But have stuck to slimming world for a week apart from Saturday when we went to 02 to watch Pentecost 2011 and we ate out at Zizzi, but despite this I still lost 2.5lb this week, again I am doing my best to stick to it, everyone is eating SW friendly meals in the evening, my 10 year old is protesting strongly as he wont eat veg, but tough luck, he will have to learn too (he weighs less than my 8 year old)..... Anyway, so story is, doing well so far, didn't want to post sooner incase it made me rebel and blow it again, but I feel quite settled now, so hopefully everything is under control for now.

Thanks everyone for staying with me xx
Yay!!!!!! Well done Linda. I am so full of admiration for you. Fantastic for the 2.5lbs this week. Keep it up hun :Dxx

Great to see you posting hun, Great news on the loss this week and so pleased for you that you are feeling settled, its all about doing something we can be comfortable with.

xx

It's great to hear from you again Linda! I fell off the SW wagon but would like to get back on at some point again as I think it's a brilliant plan. For now though I'm trying to focus on eating well and not stuffing my face all evening. Easier said than done that's for sure.

Well done for re-joining and really really great to see you back here on Minis!

Well done Linda. :)

Hi Linda,

Thanks for coming back and posting. We were missing you. It sounds like a good and workable plan. And, very Beck... if have a few extra calories one night you make up for it on the others -- so, that night out didn't hurt your losses. And SW is a healty food plan and it is good for your whole family. WIN - WIN!

How is your older daughter doing? Does Mr Depp like his new job? I hope things are good for the whole tribe!

Mel

HeyMel, Linda's going for gold with us now, have you found her there yet?
x

Linda, hope you are doing well. :)

Only 285 posts! :eek: and l can go gold. Better get posting! :D

Back