Greenfae's diet journey

Greenfae

Hey all.
I joined slimming world a month ago to lose 5 stone for my wedding in august 2012. I had a great first two weeks but a rubbish second two and am convinced that I will have gained this week.

I find my problems are weekend events where I cannot control my food. In the last three weeks I have spent 2 weekends staying with friends, with them doing all the cooking and had one friends birthday for which she had a cream tea at a posh hotel. I made good choices where I could but many times there is just no option and getting back on the wagon the next day is not enough. Short of kissing my social life goodbye for 18 months what can I do?

This week my target is to write down what I eat as I'm hoping that will help me to stay on track. I have planned meals for the next two weeks and bought the shopping only for these meals. I figured if I have to walk to the shop for a snack then I'll think it through.

What are your top tips?

I'm really feeling like I can't do this today. I'm on a star week and I'm loaded with cold and my asthma is really bad. My plans for food yesterday went out the window and I fell apart, eventually my oh ordered pizza because I was in such a state I could not cook. It's weigh in tonight and my scales say I've put on 3lbs. I can't say I don't deserve it. But I just can't see how I can get back on the wagon, I really feel like I have lost it.

Hi GreenFae,
I am new to SW but an oldie to diets, if i have learnt anything its that all those times i have given up are wasted times, i look and see people who started on different diets at the same time as me and they were at their goals months even years ago. If i had not given up and just started again the next day, each time, then i wouldnt be sat here trying this again... you are worth doing this, we are all human and you can truely do this. Please stick with it and go and be weighed, you may be supprised it may not be as bad as you think, and life is for living, just try to remember the reason you wanted to loose weight in the first place, put your self first.
Hugs Gemsxx

hi hun how about saving some of ur syns for the weekends or using flexi syns (i'm not sure how this works but put it in the search button at the top of the page) i have had a lot of blips since i started but the most inportant thing is that you draw a line under it and start afresh don't give up, i am the worlds worst dieter been doing it on and off for years but have managed to lose 23lbs so far so it can be done :) good luck x

Thanks for the replies. Still feeling really low but a bit more hopeful. I'm not going to weigh in tonight as I really do not feel well enough. Instead I'm going to cuddle up on settee and get better so I can get to gym tomorrow. And that is fresh start city.

I can do this. The first week I was awesome, so I need to get back to that. Your responses really helped. Thanks

Hi - Valerie is so right! I too am a bit of a party animal - so I made a few changes... I try and eat as few sins as poss Monday - Thursday so I sort of 'bank' them. I swopped from wine to vodka as its less sins and less sugar so seems to not effect weight as much. Warn friends that you are on SW diet and give them some suggestions if they are cooking. Don't know about you but I find that hangovers make me want to eat my body weight in carbs.. so I have tried to hold back a bit... saving sins is the way forward though! Good luck x

Back