Greeting from the LT group....

Bea

Back on the wagon!
Hi everyone...just visiting from the LT site....as I started with 100llbs I reckon I could fit in well here too!

Great losses everyone....hope you are all doing well!

Hi there Bea.:) How are you finding LT? I was briefly on it earlier this year and found the shakes very bland but my bigger problem was that because I take tabs for diabetes and had to get docs permission to come off them (which he refused) so I couldn't continue.

Now trying to get onto CD but being diabetic is still causing problems for me.:(

Hey its great to see you over here too.......!
You are not restricted to just the LT forum by any means

Thanks for the welcome guys...I love the title the Century Club!!

Hmmmm I have been here for what seems like a century hee hee
Heehee....it feels like that sometimes...I am on LT 2 full months today..sometimes feels its just flown by and other days I think god when will I be back to normal (ish)....you are doing really well at the moment...can see by the fab new photo! Getting there yah!!

Hi there Bea.:) How are you finding LT? I was briefly on it earlier this year and found the shakes very bland but my bigger problem was that because I take tabs for diabetes and had to get docs permission to come off them (which he refused) so I couldn't continue.

Now trying to get onto CD but being diabetic is still causing problems for me.:(

Oh poor you...I didnt realise it was so tough when you had diabetes - as one of the benefits of these diets is that it can prevent diabetes.... I am sure a good CDC could help you to work out the best plan with your docs support...
I am finding LT great now...yes bland but I love the shakes now... Best of luck and let us know how you get on....

Hi Bea, you've done amazingly well, congratulations!! How does LT work? (I'm doing the Cambridge Diet). What flavours do you get and do you have to go weekly? I'm just being nosey because I'm very happy with CD.

CD and LT work on the same idea soup, shakes and bars..however I know CD has a lot more flavours and variety. LT is just vanilla, Choc and Strawberry and Chicken Soup. Peanut and Coconut flapjacks - thats it. But hey you get used to it and its been fine till now....the results are about the same in losses...

You have done so well too....almost 20lbs in three weeks! WOW. I am on LT 9 weeks on Monday and feeling good so far.....

How have you found your journey on CD? You must be feeling smaller in your clothes which is a really nice feeling.

Keeping it off is the second battle...been reading the low GI diet which my Chemist recommends I go on as part of maintence...really not keen to have to go through all this again to be honest....have you had any thoughts when you reach your goal?

Hi Bea, I'm finding the journey easier going now. It was very hard to start but I love the way I feel well on this diet. The most I ever lost before was 3 st in 4 months but that was by skipping meals and virtually starving myself. I felt so hungry, tired and unwell and then my weight plateaued and I couldn't keep it up, unsurprisingly!! I'm still waiting for people to notice I've lost weight but then again I am 5'10 and it's all evenly distributed so I need to lose a lot before it's obvious!
Love the sound of the coconut flapjack!
Lyn8124 I have a friend who lost 10 st, in under a year, on LL and was able to come off all her diabetic medication (and BP & Cholesterol), but she had a very supportive GP. Could you switch doctors?

That's amazing Splash. I have been told I can come off all my meds if I get the weight off but the GP wanted the approval of the diabetic consultant and the one I happened to see that day was a total cow. Just generally rude. She made me see dietician who I got a call from today asking me to see her Weds to discuss it all now that's she's had time to research CD. Fingers crossed it'll be good news. If not, I'll take the form to the other GP I see. Blimey you'd think I wanted to do something bad for my health the way they act! lol. :rolleyes:

Lol, I agree. I have to say I've wondered for years why a high carb, low fat diet is still being recommended for diabetics in this country when there would be better blood sugar control eating low fat, low carb. Read about trials in Australia about 15 years ago who had great success with this....must admit at the time I was horrified! But until the government has a rethink you'll be stuck with people like 'the cow' from the other day. Good luck with your next appointment.

Sorry for high jacking your thread Bea!! How are you getting on?:)

Hi Bea, I'm finding the journey easier going now. It was very hard to start but I love the way I feel well on this diet. The most I ever lost before was 3 st in 4 months but that was by skipping meals and virtually starving myself. I felt so hungry, tired and unwell and then my weight plateaued and I couldn't keep it up, unsurprisingly!! I'm still waiting for people to notice I've lost weight but then again I am 5'10 and it's all evenly distributed so I need to lose a lot before it's obvious!
Love the sound of the coconut flapjack!
Lyn8124 I have a friend who lost 10 st, in under a year, on LL and was able to come off all her diabetic medication (and BP & Cholesterol), but she had a very supportive GP. Could you switch doctors?

Hi Splash! The flapjack sounds nicer than they are to be honest but zapped in the mirco for a second they are fine and great to have in your bag when out and about..... Are you doing CD now? I have to admit to doing the starvation thing myself a few years back.....gained all back plus 3 stone more!!! My weight is spread out too so I had lost over two stone before I started getting comments I look well etc which is ssooooo nice! You will be getting them soon too and its a great spur!

That's amazing Splash. I have been told I can come off all my meds if I get the weight off but the GP wanted the approval of the diabetic consultant and the one I happened to see that day was a total cow. Just generally rude. She made me see dietician who I got a call from today asking me to see her Weds to discuss it all now that's she's had time to research CD. Fingers crossed it'll be good news. If not, I'll take the form to the other GP I see. Blimey you'd think I wanted to do something bad for my health the way they act! lol. :rolleyes:

Best of luck on Wednesday and let us know how you get on.....she sounds like a total moo! I would take Splash's comment on - a second opinion might be worth it if you dont get the answer you want.... :vibes:sending you some good luck vibes!

Thanks very much Splash and Bea. Am bit nervous about tomorrow because it's this dietician who will recommend to consultant if she thinks it is good or not but if she says no I will see my other GP as a last resort.

Thinking of you! Best of luck...and post us when you have the verdict....

It's a yes!!!!! Hope to start next week if everything goes according to plan. I think this week or so waiting has been good preparation. Have to start with 1500 cals but I am not complaining.:)

Back