Greetings

JamesTK

Hi all,

I may be slightly out of place as I'm a bloke, but I couldn't find a more balanced site that wasn't based around becoming The Hulk.

I'm 24 and I weigh 22st 4lbs or 305 lbs or so for North Americans. I've been out of work now for a while and in that time I've put on a lot of weight. I was about 19 stone when I left school, dropped to about 17 and eventually down to about 14 stone where I was in pretty okay shape just needed to tone up a bit to get rid of some of the leftovers.
It's now at the stage where I'm getting depressed and afraid to apply for interviews to get back into work. It worries me that when I find a job I want to apply for and do so, if I get an interview my previous clothes I bought because the ones before didn't fit, now won't fit. Even in the knowledge of that, I've let it get out of control now and I'm going to get on top of it and get back to about 14-16 stone and maintain that weight and hopefully improve on it.

I've had internal hemorrhoids, or at least one lone one, for a few years now. I put it down to lack of mobility and a poor diet. The past few days I've been feeling pressure 'down there' and I think there's another or more forming, so now's the time to really crack on and get things done. Not long ago I had a bout of bad stomach on and off for months. I've changed my sleeping pattern and paid more attention to my nutrition, so I figured I might as well take the plunge and just turn my life around and see benefits in a variety of areas.

I've lost on confidence in myself. I was outgoing, got on with anyone and still do to some degree, but I'm not as open as I used to be when putting myself in situations with new people etc. I'm tired of feeling like crap and I want to get back to work.

I'll be keeping a diary of my progress and my dietary intake and keep folks here updated. I just wanted to be able to share it with someone as I don't really have people to share it with that I'm comfortable with.

I'll speak to you all soon!

Your middle name isn't Tiberius, is it? :) there's loads of blokes on here so there's no need to think your out of place ;) I know where your coming from with the self confidence, I recently tried for a job, I had everything they wanted but I felt so insecure and thinking about it I was probably at my biggest so there's probably no way they would have even entertained me as a serious candidate :( so I just let it go :( I have to say that the first stone fell off and the second is almost here and my shape has changed and my confidence is a lot better, so it works SW has been amazing for me........and long may it continue to be so, keep us informed about your journey. Good luck

Your middle name isn't Tiberius, is it? :) there's loads of blokes on here so there's no need to think your out of place ;) I know where your coming from with the self confidence, I recently tried for a job, I had everything they wanted but I felt so insecure and thinking about it I was probably at my biggest so there's probably no way they would have even entertained me as a serious candidate :( so I just let it go :( I have to say that the first stone fell off and the second is almost here and my shape has changed and my confidence is a lot better, so it works SW has been amazing for me........and long may it continue to be so, keep us informed about your journey. Good luck

No my middle-name isn't Tiberius :p But I'm seriously considering changing it to that!

I've not really considered a diet persé, I'm just going to be eating healthier and a more balanced diet and exercising more. Right now I'm on my backside for 10 hours a day and it just isn't healthy. I've wanted to work for myself in the future so it will be a good time to get into a routine where I learn how to break up the day and stay semi-active whilst being in a job that sees me sat down at a desk most of the time.

Glad SW is working for you and I'll certainly keep people updated with my progress. I'm starting properly on Monday. looking forward to it!

Right, well I'm back. Had a lot of family issues going on that are still happening, but I've come to accept certain inevitabilities and it isn't taking such a toll now.

Anyway, I started working out officially on July 2nd and was still 22st 4lbs. Right now I'm 21st 4lbs :) I've just been walking in the mornings about 1.25 miles, a quarter of that is an incline, a quarter is a decline and the rest is just level. I'd say for at least 1 week I haven't done anything because my lugs rub sometimes on a normal day, so I really didn't want to be doing it while it was hot and humid out, so for 1-2 weeks I've not really done anything.

I have stopped eating pizza, the routine and easy meal... I'm not eating overly healthy, but certainly healthier than I was before. I mostly just have some coated chicken with rice or the past few days I've had chicken with a small pot of rice and salad. Admittedly I've been eating things I shouldn't have been, but I've told myself that I'm still seeing results so it isn't THAT bad, but I'm going to change that and just stop eating the junk like crisps, yoghurt, chocolate and that other niceness. I'll wait until I'm at my target weight or at least closer before I start treating myself as regularly as I have been.

I'm hoping that without breaks in exercise because of the heat, stopping eating the junk, I can reach 20st by this time next month.

I'm really pleased so far and hopefully the success continues!

Back