Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Spannerwanner, 31 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Spannerwanner

Spannerwanner technologically ignorant

Lighter Life
    Hi, my name is Susannah.

I have been overweight since I was 10 years old and have dieted on and off over the years. My first proper attempt at dieting was when I was at University. I had maintained a reasonably healthy 13 stone throughout much of teenage due to the large amount of sport I did but that all stopped when I got to University and my weight rocketed up. I joined Jenny Craig (when it existed in the UK) when I was 20 and got down to 11 and a half stone but the stress and erratic lifestyle of University wasn’t really conducive to maintaining the diet and I ended up with my first serious bout of depression.

Once I started work my weight continued to creep up and I tried various diets over the years generally getting down to about 17 stone before boredom kicked in and I gave up.

A couple of years ago I started dieting again (using Xenical and calorie counting) and I went from a size 26 to size 22 pretty easily. This diet was different from previous ones in two respects. Firstly I managed to change my attitude to falling off the wagon and instead of saying “It’s all gone wrong, I’m giving up” I started saying “Never mind I’ll just carry on”. Secondly I put very little of the weight back on after I stopped the actual diet and maintained my new dress size for two years.

Hitting 40 has made me realize that if I don’t do something drastic I am looking at some serious health problems in the future so I signed up with Lighter Life. I have just finished my seventh week and have lost three stone so far. The diet itself has been reasonably easy but I don’t really like the counseling so I may switch to a different VLCD after the 14 week foundation programme.

I know from experience that boredom tends to kick in for me after about three months and I am looking for support and ideas to keep me going for the long haul down to a healthy weight.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome.

Congratulations on losing 3 stones.

Irene xx
  4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hello Susannah, you have done well on that 3 stone. Welcome and good luck.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.