Grilled bacon vs Microwave

hopefulbigchap

Can somebody please let me know if microwaving bacon is allowed. I know the plan says grilled but I don't have a very effective grill.
I usually microwave the hell out of my rashers - so much so that it snaps in two when I break it. I think it's safe to say all the fat has been zapped out of it!!!
Is this allowed or not?

*keeps fingers crossed *

I can't see why you couldn't microwave it...if I pop bacon in the micro I don't like it quite as crispy as you lol but I make sure I let all the fat drip off it. I think with frying the problem is you'd fry it in oil (although I dry fry with atkins and its fine)...

Microwave away ;)

I have microwaved my bacon for years, it takes a while to get the timing right and I always put it on kitchen roll to absorb any fat/water etc. It's healthy, quick and no nasty grill to wash afterwards...

omg microwaving bacon has 2 b a sin (NOT SYN!) that sounds awful, i like mine done on the george or grill where it gets some colour !!!

My bloke does it in micro occasionally but only if he's going to use it in say an omelette or quiche (i.e where it will be cooked after) when we moved in to this house we acquired (a very new ish) oven and I couldn't fathom how to use the grill, so I oven bake mine and its delish x

My bloke does it in micro occasionally but only if he's going to use it in say an omelette or quiche (i.e where it will be cooked after) when we moved in to this house we acquired (a very new ish) oven and I couldn't fathom how to use the grill, so I oven bake mine and its delish x

yep i can deal with oven baked bacon, but its the thought of micro!

Microwave bacon is lush. although not as nice as fried;). Even Marco Pierre White agrees that Microwave bacon is lush. So if its good enough for him its good for me. I had some last night in toasted bread with a laughing cow spread on and cucumber and cherry tomotoes. Mmm Mmm Mmm. You should definately try it. I agree I hate cleaning out the grill pan.

Back