grilled sausages??? please answer asap thanks :)

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by assj, 8 September 2010 Social URL.

1. assj

assj Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.7lb(11.5%)
    Diet:
    Healthy lifestyle
    basically i have an electric oven so i can't use the grill and the oven at the same time :rolleyes: i want to cook sausage for my dinner but as my daughter wont eat sausage i am cooking her some turkey, do you think i could put the sausage on the grill pan but cook it in the oven so that i can also cook the turkey at the same time, would i have the same effects as using the grill?
    thanks xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. minime

minime Gold Member

Yeah you can cook them in oven, but they won't taste same as havin been cooked under grill, don't think they will be as crispy either.

Remember you will have liquids coming away from both the sausages and turkey, so keep them separate from one another.

4. extraeasy4me

extraeasy4me Member

Start Weight:
    21st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you have a George Forman or Tefal Actifry you could use that for the Sausage?

5. tazbabe

tazbabe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.39%)
    Diet:
    atkins
    i often cook sausages in the oven, just chuck them in a tray with some onion and sliced peppers, turn them once half way through, they're yum!

6. tigerjack

tigerjack Member

George Forman is really good for sausages, shed's most the fat away. Then again, boiled is also a very good choice because it allows you to take the skin off...I hate skin on sausages, got better things to eat then skin!

7. joedenise

joedenise Target Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I usually cook sausages in the oven in a meat tin with a rack. Seems to have the same effect as grilling them.

Denise

8. elb4160

elb4160 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    28st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    28st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    20st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I only ever cook my sausages in the oven, very very rarely will dry fry them, they turn out fine!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.