Groin injury any advice on exercise pls

soapsuds

I have got groin strain. Can bearly move and in awful lot of pain so not been able to exercise lower body. Anyone know any good upper body exercises that burns calories fast that i can do while my leg is out of action. Most upper body exercises dont seem to burn many calories. I need to do something to boost my loss next week (only lost 2lbs normally around 4lbs) but dont have a clue what to do. Any ideas or advice would be great.:wave_cry:

Hi soapsuds
Sorry to hear about your groin....that is painful.
Personally, I think your body is going through enough without you putting more pressure on it by trying to do upper body exercise! Sorry if that sound harsh sweetie....but burning fat, means getting all hot and sweaty and there is no way you can do that in your state at the minute.

Be kind to yourself and let your body rest.......I know you want the weight to come ever so quickly but, dont torture yourself.

Not much help there on the exercise front. sorry!

If you want a work out for your arms and stomach get a heavy object - I'd use a medicine ball but not everyone has this - and do sit ups with arm extensions. Up above your head,side to side, and behind as far as you go.

But you don't need to exercise all the time to lose weight! x

As already said above you should take it easy whilst on a vlcd ....your body is adjusting to low calorie intake. Also it wont really burn the calories much faster .....if anything you may experience fainting episodes as your body is already on the minimum calories.

If you insist on exercising do take it slow and listen to your body

Back