Group Assistants

Nagette

H E L P :eek:

Does the group helper that books people in at the computer (takes payment etc) have access to the statistics (ie weight?)

No, the pay station doesn't have this information. The only person that had your full weight record is your consultant.

As Jaq said, the only people that will ever know your full statistics are you and your Consultant. Although there may be another "helper" who weighs people and they will get to see your weight each week.

In all honesty, I wouldn't let it worry you. Nobody cares what you weigh - we're all there for the same reason :)

Just to put your mind at rest... I am the weigh-in woman at my group. The pda thing shows current weight and the weight difference (we need to see this so that we can write it in your book). We have so many people to get through that it's just numbers (I can't tell you what anyone in my group weighs - I haven't a clue!!).

There are only 3 numbers I remember each week... What I weighed in last time, what I weigh this time and the amount that I've lost/gained.

If you are concerned about a specific person doing your weigh-in (ie a friend/enemy/family member - who you do not want to know your weight (and who is likely to remember because they know you so well)) then you can ask that either the consultant or another member of the social team does your weigh-in.

HTH to put your mind at rest.

Just to put your mind at rest... I am the weigh-in woman at my group. The pda thing shows current weight and the weight difference (we need to see this so that we can write it in your book). We have so many people to get through that it's just numbers (I can't tell you what anyone in my group weighs - I haven't a clue!!).

There are only 3 numbers I remember each week... What I weighed in last time, what I weigh this time and the amount that I've lost/gained.

If you are concerned about a specific person doing your weigh-in (ie a friend/enemy/family member - who you do not want to know your weight (and who is likely to remember because they know you so well)) then you can ask that either the consultant or another member of the social team does your weigh-in.

I also help weigh and agree with this 100%

I always look at the loss rather then the weight, although I copy the weight down it never sticks in my mind and I honestly don't care what people weigh. I'm more concerned with how well they've done that week.

I also weigh my sister and honestly couldn't tell you what she weighs, but if for some reason you don't want someone weighing you then they can get someone else to, we have swapped over before if someone doesn't want one of us to see (two of us normally do it, so while ones writing things down and weighing the other can sort out awards)

Thank you all so much for your replies.. this has reassured me. I turned up at the group to find a person who I have a long and complicated history with doing the 'check-in'

At the moment there are only 3 people in the world who know my weight - me, a counselling therapist and the consultant. I definitely, definitely could not cope with this person knowing because she has let me down in the past with something I had told her in confidence.

I was considering leaving the group, but I will just speak to the consultant about it. I know we are all there for the same reason, but I have a few personal/trust issues which I am trying to get over with the help of a therapist... just not there yet! :cry:

Thanks for your advice everyone.;)

Thank you all so much for your replies.. this has reassured me. I turned up at the group to find a person who I have a long and complicated history with doing the 'check-in'

At the moment there are only 3 people in the world who know my weight - me, a counselling therapist and the consultant. I definitely, definitely could not cope with this person knowing because she has let me down in the past with something I had told her in confidence.

I was considering leaving the group, but I will just speak to the consultant about it. I know we are all there for the same reason, but I have a few personal/trust issues which I am trying to get over with the help of a therapist... just not there yet! :cry:

Thanks for your advice everyone.;)

You do right having a word with the consultant, but unless she moves onto the scales then she wouldn't know your weight and if she ever were moved over to the scales then you could be asked to have someone else weigh you (but if you have a word with your consultant I'm sure that would never happen anyway)

Although we're all there for the same reason I can understand why you wouldn't want someone who has let you down in the past knowing your weight information, so don't worry it is understandable. Good luck working through your personal and trust issues, I wish you all the best

100% agree, I do weights, and I would be mortified if someone said /mentioned my weight, now or before I started my journey, if I want to tell people my weight that's my decision NOT there's x

i noticed this week that the lady who normally does either weighs or check in had a little confidentiallity agreement on her desk that she had signed and had laminated.

i noticed this week that the lady who normally does either weighs or check in had a little confidentiallity agreement on her desk that she had signed and had laminated.
What a fantastic idea!! I do the weight's in group and would be happy to sign a disclaimer, If it gave people confidence that their details are confidential :) x

I had to sign a disclaimer when I first started doing the WI. I've no idea where it is now (we've had at least 8 different consultants since last year!!)

Back