Extra Easy Group Meetings and taking something for the slimmer of the week basket!

dietmad

Our group leader didn't explain this to me when I joined but did notice others popping in a tin or packet of something, into a basket when paying, and I quickly caught on lol

So, what kinds of things do you put in the basket?

Wonder if someone has won the slimmer of the week and what was in yours?

Ideas for this appreciated , thanks

Only my 2nd meeting and I didn't realise either.

Today, the person who won had a basket of mainly fruit but also ... a skipping rope! :giggle:

Ohhh I'm going to steal the skipping rope idea!

I've popped in:

Tin tomatoes
Options hot chocolate sachets
Pack of Hi Fi bars
Fruit
Veg
Mug Shots
Muller Lights
Can of diet pop

The £1 section in Asda is always a good for ideas. Things like measuring spoons, egg poachers etc

I would usually stick fruit or mugshots in, I had got fruit, mugshot, ryvita minis bag, chopped tomatoes, passata and diet coke in mine possibly there was a mullerlight too.

I like to put in fruit, the fancy £1 pot fruit from asda! It's mainly super free in ours, I was thinking about putting in a liner for the oven (mesh one for doing SW chips!) but wasn't sure how this would go down!

I have received tins of tomatoes, beans and spaghetti in my SOW basket!

In our group we are always told that it should be fruit and nothing else really. When the consultants get monitored which happens every now and again they check to make sure that the basket should only have fruit in it. So not sure why other groups have so much variety. When I won SOW just the other day it was all fruit except just a couple of carrots which is still in keeping sort of.

In our group we are always told that it should be fruit and nothing else really. When the consultants get monitored which happens every now and again they check to make sure that the basket should only have fruit in it. So not sure why other groups have so much variety. When I won SOW just the other day it was all fruit except just a couple of carrots which is still in keeping sort of.

Why should it only be fruit? There are lots of things out there that are 'free' on the plan and I think the beauty of the basket is that sometimes there are things you wouldn't usually buy yourself. I've never been told that the SotW basket should only have fruit in it... at any of the groups (and it's a few!) I've been to.

I think the liner thing for the chips would be another good idea. I spotted them in Asda the other day and meant to pick one up but forgot (how you forget when it's right in front of you I don't know but I'll blame the toddler!)

I have put fruit or vegetables in - sometimes something a bit unusual. Also tinned items which are free. One member used to bring vegetables from her allotment, and fruit from her trees.

One lady used to bring bunches of lovely flowers from her garden - they were always popular.

Nothing perishable, especially in hot weather. Consultants should do a quick check of the basket, to make sure that everything in it is appropriate.

Our cons tells us it should be something free or very low in syns, not just friut. I tend to just grab something out of the friut bowl, or a yogurt out of the fridge. Sometimes I take a mug shot or packet of savoury rice.

I always put in stock cubes/pots as I find them useful, and they can be picked up in all shops and suit all the plans! if there is a new HEXB I have found then I would put that in and mark it as such with a little post it note.

In ours we tend to get fruit, rice/mugshots, and various tins of foods. It is quite a rubbish SOTW basket if I am honest - everyone 'forgets'.....

:)

We were told free or super free foods.
I've put in mug shots, oxo cubes, small tins of salmon or sweet corn.

I always put in a mini chocolate bar so that kind of goes against what has just been said. We can put anything sw friendly in ours

We are told it's just fruit or veg at ours, although I have been to other classes where anything free is ok

There was one memorable week when I got the a low fat supernoodles - an open pack with another bag stuffed over the end to stop them falling out, a fajita mix (5 syns) and four tins of tomatoes lol

I usually put in tomatoes ( although never 4 of them lol), our basket usually has fruit, veg, and mug shots :)

We have been told fruit only nothing else allowed and our consultant said this is a head office rule, we get some right manky stuff put in too!

the class i used to attend , people would always put the mankiest brown narna, bruised apples and crusty dry oranges.

it just seemed an excuse to dump your dead froots.

lol

Back