Extra Easy Group Meetings and taking something for the slimmer of the week basket!

If a bloke in my group won a bath bomb they wouldn't be very pleased! The basket is a gift from the group, it should be superfree, encourages eating of superfree etc.
if people started bringing random stuff in, I would ask them not to.

But why is it only fruit that's allowed though (officially)? What about vegetables? They are super free too.

I think SW as a diet is brilliant, I really do but the concept of getting a basket full of 10 brown bananas, 5 wrinkled apples and a dehydrated orange that no one wants is hardly going to entice the SOTW to go home and get stuck into them is it? What on earth is wrong in having a basket full of low syn treats (say under 5 syns), or useful free food such as passata, beans etc that slimmers can use in their everyday meals. I think it might actually encourage people to research syn values for a start and the winners might feel they have had a ‘reward’ for their hard work. Having different items in your basket might mean you actually try something you’ve never had before, put some thought into how you can use what you’ve been given, or start looking at ideas and recipes. Personally, I think it’s a great idea.

I have a pack of three tupperware tubs to pop in it tomorrow!

Our group brings only fruit, but so far it is always nice fruit (apart from green apples which I can't stand, but that's a personal taste thing, not because they are manky), but I do love the idea of little treats such as bath salts or flowers. I wonder how we could get that started up?

Do your consultants do raffles too? Ours does a little raffle with prizes such as mugshots, eggs, laughing cow triangle cheeses, or recipe ideas attached to one or two of the ingredients, and at Christmas she did a raffle where you couldn't buy tickets but had to earn them by either losing weight, staying to group or winning an award. The prize was a lovely SW entertaining recipe book.

I won the raffle last night it had all the food to make the tomato and chilli pasta in the magazine had it tonight was delicious added asda meat free meatballs (3 syns for the whole 400g bag) lovely will make again

One time I won it, there was nothing in it I could use. Tinned tomatoes, mugshots, some kind of mix for a casserole, 2 large grapefruit (which conflicts with my medication), and a few other things that didn't interest me.

So I shared it all out with the other members, made an excuse about going somewhere straight after the meeting and not being able to carry the heavy bag, and it all went - except the manky banana, of course!

At our group it is usually the same mix of fruit, mugshots and pasta n sauce packets but whenever the consultant mentions it she does say it should just be fruit that we bring. Her theory was that if it's fruit it's visible at home and people will comment on your impressive fruit bowl (lol) and you'll be able to share your achievement. No idea if thats the official SW take on it though :confused: I'm not really convinced and think a more imaginative mix of items is better!

Back