Group virgin

kikaroo

Silver Member
Hi all

I've done SW a few times, but always online or from memory. Now I'm debating whether or not to join group. I'm thinking that with the vouchers for free membership, I can give it a go, and if I don't like it, I haven't wasted too much money. Just a couple of quick questions for those who attend group

Do you have to contact the consultant before to let them know you'll be joining, or can you just turn up?

Do I have to take anything with me?

How long roughly can I expect group to last?

Will I be expected to speak in front of the group (terrified of public speaking)?

Thanks

I could have written this post myself! I am going to my first ever class on Wednesday after doing SW online so I would also love to know the answers to this!
x

Hiya gals

Think your doing the right thing going to a meeting

They weigh first usually so you can just turn up there upto 30min after group start time. The consultant will then ask that she speaks to you either before or after the meeting to explain everything to you. You'll get weighed and then you can stay for the meeting, which usually lasts 40-60min depending on group size. The consultant never discloses your weight to the other members or a gain! You can say as little or as much as you want in the meetings but it's not expected. Everyone's in the same boat there and from experience all very nice. Good luck x

Can't recommend going to group enough!
It's great to hear other peoples ideas and it's nice to take some 'me' time!! I look forward to group every week!
The public speaking thing was an issue for me to start with, I used to feel my face going red when the consultant said my name before is uttered a word! You'll find though that as the weight comes off, you want to talk about it. A few weeks in and you become comfortable in the setting so it doesn't feel like you're speaking publicly!!
If it's really an issue for you though- have a quiet word with the consultant and explain. It's really beneficial to stay to class for image therapy.

I only started SW last week and was considering doing it online without the meeting but I found it really nice to compare stories and it's meant to be great for getting recipes as well!!

Find a nice consultant and your halfway there. Don't be afraid to try a few!!

I don't stay to group. . I found the speaking/gains & losses too demotivating at my original group! !

My new lady is lovely and supportive. I weigh & dash back to work

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Go along 5 mins before the advised start time, the consultant will explain the plan to you whilst weigh in happens.
Yiu don't have to contact the consultant if you don't want to.
Class is 30 mins weigh in and then 45 mins group time - some think it's a long time but don't think of it like this, think of it as an hour a week devoted to you and your weight loss journey.
Good luck.

Why not ring the consultant for a chat before you go? She can explain how her group works, reassure you if you have any problems, and she will be looking out for you when you arrive.

And don't forget to take money. Very few consultants take credit cards. Good luck!

I cant recommend going to group enough and finding the right consultant for you is the best thing. I have seen 4 different consultants and none of them compare to my David haha.

You can contact whose group you would like to go to and they will be able to talk you through what to expect.

I would go for the weigh start time and this half an hour you get your 'new member talk' basically some one to one time where the plan is explained and you can ask questions.

You then sit through image therapy, which is always fab and you get to see how your group works. Ours is like a big family having a mothers meeting, we could sit and gab for hours! Everyone is so supportive and lovely and inspiring in their own way. You also pick up loads of tips, from recipes to shopping bargains.

Once class is over you will be weighed and ge to set and targets etc you would like and then your off to start the greatest journey of your life!

I really recommend staying to image therapy if you can. It might seem strange at first and even if you dont like to speak they dont have to focus on you. There is a lot you can learn in those first few weeks, especially from members. You never know you might end up being the one with advice for a new member soon!

You dont need anything other than money and an open mind.x.x.

So I thought I'd update. Went to group earlier this evening - I almost chickened out, but I'm glad I didn't! My consultant seems lovely and the rest of the group seem very friendly. I went with the idea of picking up the books and never going back, but I'll definitely be going back next week. There seems to be a great support network there. Thanks everyone for your advice!

Back