Groups or do it at home?

misslumpybits

Hi everyone!

Well im taking the bull by the horns and about to start slimmingworld again. I did it 4 years ago and lsot weight but didnt really have the motivation, but now I feel I'm "in the zone".

My problem is I work shifts, so sticking to the one group is majorly difficult. I know you can go between groups but I dont feel you get the same support as its always diferent people?

So my question to you girls and boys is -

"do you think it is neccessary to go to the group or do you think you can do it at home just the same?"

Thanks!

Misslumpybits
x

I would say without a shadow of a doubt that group is the best and most important part of SW! if you can make it I genuinely believe it makes all the difference to your mindset.

Even if you can't get to the same one and alternate between a few, you'll soon meet people in each one and as everyone is on the same journey you'll get support wherever you go!

X

I've tried the groups and didn't find it useful... I didn't want to pay a fiver each week so I stopped going, thankfully I am still losing.

If you want to do your weigh-in on a Wednesday you're more than welcome to join our Wednesday home WI group!! :)

Oh thank you very much dreamaholic!!

I didnt find the groups very helpful the last tiem either, I ended up paying the fiver just to get weighed!

However my friend and I are having our own weigh in and putting a fiver in our own tins - At least that way I'll be able to use the money to be myself a special little something!!

I dont want to rush into it this time, so ive been searching for recipes online so I dont get bored and end up opting out. However I feel I never use my syns? And I dont want to waste them on alcohol!

Whats everyones best way to use syns?

Depends how motivated you are Hun.

I do it alone. I'm motivated and with the support if this site and books I'm totally fine.

Some people need the support which is why thry go to groups which is encouraging of course. But I simply cannot afford it at the moment as I hsve a lot of commitments at the moment.

Try it and see how you feel. Only you can decide as it's personal. Were all different. X

I think as long as you are determined to follow plan and get weighed each week, you don't need to pay a fiver each week to get weighed! putting the fiver in your own tin is definitely a good idea!

good luck :)

I previously went to class and really enjoyed it, but i'm expecting second child now and the only class in our area is on my hubbies day off and would rather spend time with him (i can't spend money on just a weigh in). I am a bit worried about staying motivated without class, but I never knew about this site before and have learn't more off everyone here in last week than i ever did in class. Also hubby says as motivation after baby comes (as not planning on losing weight until then) for every week i lose weight i'll put the money in a jar for new clothes once i'm slimmer (but not if i don't lose weight, that way it should keep me motivated).

dreamaholic, can i join you're wednesday weigh in???

Hi, I did ww before online but struggled to stay motivated even tho I was part of a very active forum for support.

Joining sw and stating to group works for me, people are lovely, direct access to my consultant, the fact that someone else reads my weigh in (so I can't cheat) and seeing other people lose weight motivates me, but get support on gains too. I suppose a lot is down to your consultant and group, I happen to love mine!

Good luck whichever way you choose.

I previously went to class and really enjoyed it, but i'm expecting second child now and the only class in our area is on my hubbies day off and would rather spend time with him (i can't spend money on just a weigh in). I am a bit worried about staying motivated without class, but I never knew about this site before and have learn't more off everyone here in last week than i ever did in class. Also hubby says as motivation after baby comes (as not planning on losing weight until then) for every week i lose weight i'll put the money in a jar for new clothes once i'm slimmer (but not if i don't lose weight, that way it should keep me motivated).

dreamaholic, can i join you're wednesday weigh in???

Of coz you're more than welcome to join!! :D The more the merrier, that way we can support each other!! :)

Here's the link: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weekly-weigh/175705-wednesday-home-weigh.html

You don't have to go to different groups, you can go to the same group whenever you can.
We have girls who come every 2-3 weeks, depending on their shifts. You just tell the consultant you are a shift worker when you join and then tell her when you will be available to come.
That is, if you don't manage to stick to it without group support.

Even with support on here, and years of experience behind me, I still could not lose or maintain without the support of a group.

Good luck.

i am doing s/w from home,as i dont want to go to my local group.misslumpybits suggestion of putting a fiver in your own tin everyweek,is a great idea.goodluck with your s/w journey x

I do it from home too, im a shy person & dont think classes would benefit me plus cant afford it! xx

bigglyness

Hi Everyone,
I am really pleased to find this site. Its just what I need!
I decided not to join a club, as I didn't want to feel I was dieting.(just the way my head works)
6yrs ago I gave up chocolate & biscuits. I just did it 1day @ at a time. I felt & still do that I am very compulsive around these particular foods. Weight loss gave me the incentive to go on & I found an eating plan that suited me. I have completely lost my way this last year & am hoping that being an online member, will give me the encouragement I need to eat for life. Its a shame that I have so much weight to lose ! Bigglyness

If you're motivated and determined you can do it alone. Class isn't for everyone but it's a personal choice. Good luck whatever you decide x

I do it from home now, I did go to class for about 9 months, but I think once youve got the hang of it, it is just paying for weighing in. Like everyone else has said, its just how much motivation you've got!

I know that I couldnt do it alone .... I also really enjoy going to class and even look forward to it ... Good luck xxxx

I do sw online, but I really see this forum a my group, so much help, support and advice virtually 24/7!! That said I had the lightbulb moment, I am committed to this and have been since September. Not going to a group hasn't affected my weight loss

Back