Grrr so annoyed

sham88

free2bme
right so i came home from SW class on tuesday night lost 5.5lbs and got my 2 stone sticker. Was so happy and was telling all housemates who were chuffed for me then one of the girls said, "uv lost two stone?? you dont look any different than u did look last year?" grrr just when i was feeling all happy and positive...she's never had to diet a day in her life, would it hurt her to be a bit more tactile??? Why is it a person can say one little thing and make you feel like sh*t!!!!But it got me thinking, i havent gone down a dress size and i really dont think i do look much different than i did when i was two stone heavier. Sorry for the rant but is anyone else in the same situation?? xx

Sometimes it does take a bit of time for the weight loss to show. I was heavy a couple of years ago and did Lighterlife. I had lost 3 stone before folk started to comment. 3 stone!!!! I couldn't believe no one had noticed after the first one or two even but no, 3.
This girl sounds like she has her own issues and they are just that, hers. Don't let her negative comments take a single thing away from the amazing feeling you got when you got over that 2 stone loss. It's a brilliant achievment! Well done!
The fact that you haven't gone down a dress size could be down to the clothes themselves, I wore size 16 jeans but the reality was that they were, at my heaviest, skin tight on me and I wore them right down until they were baggy so the clothes thing is one I don't put a lot of faith in.
The scales show a different picture. A brilliant loss.
Are you measuring yourself? I used to measure my waist, hips, busy, thighs, arms, you name it, I measure it and you really saw some big changes there as the weight shifted from different areas as the time went on.
Stick with it, don't let her put you down, keep smiling and positive. It's worth it in the long run.
SWBT

The thing is, although we lose weight we tend to stay the same sort of shape, maybe that's what she meant. Or maybe she's just a b*tch! Don't worry about it, you're doing brilliantly.

What wise words...
Don't let someone else's insensitivety pull you down from your deserved high.
Weight loss shows differently on people - don't worry. For example, with me, all of my rings have started to get incredibly loose, however, my boobs have not shrunk at all!!!!!
When I originally lost weight (I put it all back on about 4 years ago), there was a point (maybe between 2-3 stones), when everyone started to notice and comment - it will come to you.
Keep your spirits high - you really do deserve that - and that fantastic loss will soon be very noticeable to everyone.

did your weight gradually creep up? For me I think about 3 stone crept on over about 4 years...and ive already lost a stone and no one has really noticed,
but i was this weight this time last year so I dont really expect anyone to notice as the change has been so gradual? I'm hoping people might notice after 2 but I wont be suprised if they dont because I dont think its going to happen quickly lol...its when you get to target people will go...hold on a minute...OMG YOU'VE LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT! I dont think ive gone down a dress size yet but i wear a lot of leggings and baggy tops so i wouldnt know for a while lol x

ps.
right so i came home from SW class on tuesday night lost 5.5lbs and got my 2 stone sticker.

5.5lb in a week?! Thats incredible!! Especially considering your so far into your weight loss now!

Whats your secret?? x

when i'd lost 2 stone my mum told my sister, who has also never had to diet a day in her life.. and she openly looked me up and down and said .. 'really?'

i know exactly how it feels, but i wasnt going to let it get to me, it took almost 3 stone for it to really show, but now shes jelous of MY body, for the first time in my life, shes jelous of me.. and i flippin love it! :D

hold on in there, your losses are amazing!!! your doing so well.. and it'l all hit at once when none of your clothes fit, promise!

Well done on you weight loss!

And don't worry about your size, I've put on four stone in the last two years and in all that time only had to go up a dress size about 3 months ago, I suppose it depends on your shape and where you put on your weight (mine's boobs & bum - OH is gutted now I'm doing this but he'll just have to deal with it LOL!) XXX

Don't worry it will start to show in no time. That's why I feel that measuring is really important so you can see for yourself that you really are losing. Some people are just jealous and insensitive, so just go on you are doing brilliantly!

Thank you all so much you have really brightened up my day:) Im going to start measuring myself and i think you may be right about the clothes thing cause my clothes vary in sizes anyway i think im just being paranoid. Im away from home at uni and everytime iv gone home this year so far people have commented on how well im looking so i think she may just be a b*tch :-D but im not going to let it bother me. Thank you all again xx

Philly i have no idea how i did that i normally only get 1-2lbs a week:)

xxxxx

First of all BIG congratulations on losing 2 stone that is an amazing amount to lose!!!

It's hard but just ignore her negative comments she obviously has her own issues - a lot of people have. It's hurtful but don't ever let someone else's comments take you away from your goal.

I told my dad at the weekend that i had lost over half a stone. He looked suprised and said 'You're still really big though aren't you?" :sigh: Then after my weigh in on Monday i told my sister that i had now lost 9.5. She texted back 'well i have too if i weigh myself on my scales' (she's doing ww at a class) A simple 'well done' would have done.

Anyway - sorry to ramble about me but i know how you are feeling! It's hurtful when we are pleased for people's successes and they don;t return it :( xxx

Sounds like sour grapes on your housemate's side - so flaunt it my love, let her see you couldn't care less about her comments, that is a fantastic weight loss, and well done to you.

I've lost a stone and I honestly can't see a difference! And no one's commented. It's part of the reason I was keeping it quiet (although a group member telling the OH's mother ruined that.)

Ignore your housemate, naturally slim people will never understand how difficult it is and what effort you've put in to get to where you are now. Well done on your loss, you should be proud!

I know Sharron it is really frustrating but im sure i will start to notice the difference the more weight i lose, i think in future im just gonna keep my mouth shut and get on with it, i get more than enough support from group and on here and from the people that matter to me. Your doing brilliantly too and thanks everyone for the support-much love xxx

It's her loss She should have gone to Specsavers. You have the beauty inside as well. . perhaps she has neither x

Back