Grrr unwell and having to stop :(

bajoleth

Gold Member
Hi all, unfortunately I have been advised or rather ordered to stop this diet, a long story short, I have a history of Kidney infections with some scarring, my GP gave me the go ahead as long as I was sensible kept up my water and stopped if I had any symptoms. I spent yesterday evening at A+E with familiar back pain and nausea and yes I have another infection, I have to state that I am only affected because of it being high protein because I have scarring on my kidneys, its not the diets fault its mine. I knew I wasn't drinking enough water , my fault.
I feel a lot better after an infusion but am gutted to stop even though I only intended to stick to it for a few weeks to give me a kickstart but its been so lovely with all the support here I finished 3 weeks and was ready to continue. Could I kindly ask if I can still continue in the May challenge , it will help me? I am still going to keep reading and supporting you all cos you are brill.
I am going back on JUDDD now, I always had 2 updays on the weekend so I am not feeling too low about breaking my diet I have just changed from one to the other I havent given up losing weight. To be honest I havent really been hungry so I have just had something to bring me out of ketosis I am def not going mad as I have no appetite. Am prepared for a gain this week but will try and keep my down days super low to try and keep any gain to a minimum :)

Sorry to hear you've been unwell. I've heard of JUDDD but don't know too much about it. What calories do you have on a down day vs an up day? My maintenance plan involves having 1200 during the week and more of a free rein at weekends. Not sure that really counts as JUDDD but I'd be interested in understanding what JUDDD involves a bit more.

Thers a lot of science involved but the basic rules are On a down day you restrict your cals to a bare minimum and on your up day you can eat freely, there is a calculator on the site which calculates the figures for you mine were 450 on down and 2200 on an up. To be honest I gave up counting cals on my up days you don't go as mad you think but its nice to know you can basically eat what you like. You can't have 2 down days together but you can have 2 up, I always had weekends as my up days and mon, wed, fri as my down weighing in on sat. There has been a lot of research lately into alternate day diets and its widely believed to be the most reliable way to lose weight longterm. As you don't do 2 downs together the body never goes into starvation mode. It also releases something in the body which helps you lose weight and is beneficial to your health. I lost steady amounts on it and if you are used to a vlcd then its a breeze its only one day diet but you don't feel deprived as you can eat normally the following day.
I only gave it up as my Father passed away and I was all over the place. There is a site in America which has lots of memebrs and there was a lady on there who maintains on one down day a week, eats normally the rest of the week. If you take a look at my diary there is a link in my sig it may give you more of an idea and I think there are links there too. The JUDDD forum on here is very quiet and I don't understand why its not more popular???

Thanks! I think I read somewhere that it wasn't popular because people weren't losing as much as they wanted to and that the temptation to have more up days than down days meant that people didn't do as many down days as they needed to.

Hi Bajoleth... sorry to hear you have been unwell :eek:( hope u are on the mend, we all want to lose weight, but never at the expense of our health!, you are doing the right thing x
Sure you will still be welcome in the May challenge, I intend to stay in challenge even after a naughty few days completely off! Hope you do stick around this board because I will miss you if you dont! you have been a big support and advice giver for me and I still need you!!
Take care xx

Strange thing is you sort of look forward to your down days as much as your up cos you need to feel like you are on a diet IYSWIM . I lost 7lbs first week then a steady 2lbs for 3 weeks after that and I always only had 3 down days , hopefully it will work for me again since I can't do S+S anymore:fingerscrossed:

Hi bajoleth, sorry to hear you are not feeling well :( My dad has suffered with kidney infections and from how he was I could tell they really are not very nice

I am going back on JUDDD now

After reading this thread I googled JUDDD and found the website. Just had a quick read through and it sounds very interesting. I am going to do a bit more reading/research and I might possibly give this one a go when I am about half way to goal

Back