Grrrr tescos!

robsterswife

Tummy Mummy
I had to get an tescos online shop this week ,always buy the low fat greek yoghurt,been eating the full fat one for 3 days as did'nt realise they delivered the wrong one,have eaten 3/4 of the pot,need to work the syns out :(

I wouldn't dwell on it - mistakes happen! However, did they substitute it? We always make sure the 'Don't Substitute' box is ticked on items that they could give us a full fat alternative.

I'm sure it won't be many syns. Sometimes it's worth the extra syns as they're much tastier and creamier!

It will have been because the 0% fat one was out of stock and they have substituted an alternative as H*Bomb suggested. That's one reason why I don't like online shopping to be honest. And if you choose not to have substitutes then you run the risk of not having the ingredients you want for a particular recipe. I also like choosing my own fruit and veg!

Last edited:
It will have been because the 0% fat one was out of stock and they have substituted an alternative as H*Bomb suggested. That's one reason why I don't like online shopping to be honest. And if you choose to have have substitutes then you run the risk of not having the ingredients you want for a particular recipe. I also like choosing my own fruit and veg!

That was one reason why we were not so keen on online shopping - expecting them to give us the really crap/almost out of date fruit and veg. However have to say so far we have been fine.
Plus the not having to spend 2 hours a week shopping is brilliant, and not having the opportunity to 'accidentally' buy sauasage rolls and pies helps sticking to the diet.

See I'm a bit sad and I enjoy my weekly visit to Asda. I go early on Sunday morning and it's really quiet, zip around in about 30 mins, only get what's on my list, and then treat myself to brekkie in the cafe. If I was shopping on a saturday afternoon then that would be hell on earth but at 9am on a sunday morning it's quite a pleasurable experience. Like I said .. I'm a bit sad!

- im quite sad too, i enjoy my weekly shop!!
plus online shopping, i think i'd find that more hassle!! not knowing if its going to be right etc x

Back