Grrrr.

jabbathehut

This is the last time!!
Why are some people so damned determined to be negative about this diet?

I am really lucky in that most folk are being incredibly supportive of me and the CD.

However, today, I received a phone call from a wife in the regiment (hubby in Army) asking why I wasn't going to another ladies leaving meal. This person knows I am doing the diet and has passed comment previously but I bit my tongue, this time I found my self getting really riled. She said it was upsetting the person that not many people are going to the meal (doesn't take a genius to figure out that organising a meal during holidays means that a lot of people will be away!), and she said that surely someone's happiness was more important than a 'faddy little diet'. :mad:
I explained that I had been to the same restaurant last week and found it incredibly difficult to watch others eating all around me. Her response to this was that I will have to eat at some point, and I am only going to put the weight straight back on anyway, so what harm could be done.

The thing is, there's no arguing with this person. As hubby fondly says, no point arguing with an idiot as they will drag you down to their level then beat you on experience. So I said that I would try to go a little later after they have finished eating (obviously have no intention of doing this!!). It was enough to get her off the phone anyway.

What annoys me more than anything is that I have already spoken to the person who is leaving and explained my reasons for not going. She is incredibly supportive of me and undertood completely, was fine with it. Then to get this other person interfering and trying to railroad me....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOohhhhhhhhhhh I was spitting mad I tell you!

well the person that matters understands honey, so i wouldn't worry about it. punch a pillow or something :D

abz xx

I am sure it will be her biting her tongue soon when u are at the next meal looking very glamourous!!!!

aww forget about her. You explained to the lady that the meal is for and she is supporting you thats all that matters. Sod the rest. You stick with cd and you will be able to go to that restaurant for a nice meal when you hit your goal :) Dont let small minded people who clearly havent got a dogs clue drag you down :)

Becky xxxxxxxx

I actually think she is a bit jealous. I'm 'big' but she's bigger, and I think the fact that I am doing something productive is pi$$ing her off. I can't wait until all the guys are back from Iraq and we have a posh 'do' where I WILL look a million dollars in my size 14 (or, maybe even 12) dress.

you go girl your gonna look great, ignore her.xxx

ignore her hun. youve explained already, what more can u do.
she will be eating her words when ur in that beautiful slinky dress and shes wishin she was

I actually think she is a bit jealous. I'm 'big' but she's bigger, and I think the fact that I am doing something productive is pi$$ing her off. I can't wait until all the guys are back from Iraq and we have a posh 'do' where I WILL look a million dollars in my size 14 (or, maybe even 12) dress.

You hit the nail on the head there - she's jealouse because you're doing something about your weight and she clearly hasn't the bottle to do the same. Stick with it.

Well, whist they are all stuffing their faces, I have had a wonderful LUSH! bath (with 'the comforter' bubble bar in it) and then slathered loads of TIGI 'Oatmeal cookie' body lotion all over myself. I smell devine, good enough to eat :D

she said that surely someone's happiness was more important than a 'faddy little diet'. :mad:
YOUR happiness and long term body confidence is a damn sight more important than one person's (who supports you anyway) leaving meal. There is plenty of time for the new leaner Jan to go out for meals, for now you are working your way to find her.

Proud of you that you didn't get railroaded and give in :hug99:

she is just jealous that you have the willpower and determination that she doesn't possess.

forget about it and keep thinking about her face when she sees you in that cute liitle dress :)

now for that all inportant reveal of the new you practice saying...

oh you like my new dress? gorgeous isnt it but sadly they dont make it in your size

Back