Grrrr!!!

Susiewoosie

In it to lose it
Just been to my diabetic clinic and my diabetes isn't controlled at all so they've put me on another tablet. The problem is that the tablet they need to give me will probably cause me to gain some weight.:cry:

Just have to keep plugging away I suppose.

Sue:wave_cry:

ah hun, my mum has this same problem, BUT.... im sooooo proud of her, its taken her a little longer than undiabetics but she has lost nearly 2 stone!, resulting in her cholestrol to be normal now too, (it was up to 11!!!!!) now at 4.0! so keep focused hun!!

Hiya

Have you discussed this with your GP over why it will cause weight gain, and whether you can just drop your calories slightly to compensate for this?

Mike

Apparently it's the nature of the tablet. I'm also on a high dosage of metformin but that doesn't cause any weight problem.

Thanks Tracie great news about your mum. As I said I will just keep plugging away. Just feeling a bit down as I didn't really want to take even more tablets.

Sue

i know hun, but the best thing you can do is to stick at it, you will find a balance soon im sure x x good luck and keep us posted how u get on x

Is the tablet gliclazide (spelling ?), if it is my mum is on this tablet and on metformin. She didn't put on any weight when she started it even though the dr said she might. She has recently started a diet and isn't finding it difficult to shift the weight either. Hope this helps.

Is the tablet gliclazide (spelling ?), if it is my mum is on this tablet and on metformin. She didn't put on any weight when she started it even though the dr said she might. She has recently started a diet and isn't finding it difficult to shift the weight either. Hope this helps.

Yes it is thanks and this does help. :)

Sue

Do you have type 2?

I always thought that loosing weight can solve type 2. So if they just let you lose some weight, then surely your diabetes will then become more controlled. However, if the meds make you gain, then you are never going to have it under control? Just my opinon though!

I'm not very good at losing weight though thats the problem. To get down to a healthy weight range I will need to lose about 7 stone.

Sue

I had 9 stone to lose but now have 7.5! SW makes it easy 2 lose though!

Back