Grumbletumble's journey to lose 6+ stone :D

grumbletumble

Silver Member
Hi everyone :)

I started the cwp 6 days ago & had my first weigh in today, I lost 6.5lbs which I'm happy about. I thought I may lose more as I weighed a hefty 20st1.5 but hey it's 6.5lbs off :) I'm thinking it's probably the pizza i had the day before I started lol!

Well a little about me before I go on, I'm 34 (I just had to correct myself just then as I typed 33! Urgggh I'm feeling old & even forgetting how old I am lol) & had a baby girl 7 months ago who is fantastic & who is currently trying to escape off the sofa! Anyway, when I had her it was a particularly awful birth & had to have forceps delivery. This mucked up everything 'downstairs' & now have to have an operation to correct it :eek: I think the op will be in January sometime so I've got about 6 months to lose some weight. I need to lose weight because it's pretty damn dangerous to have anaesthetic when being so obese :( & basically I don't want to die!

In my life I've tried all types of diets, weightwatchers, slimming world, slim fast & calorie counting. Some of which have been successful but I have always ended up putting the weight back on :( This time I need to lose it & keep it off!

So that got that out of the way! On to the actual cwp! I've found it reasonably easy this time,yes I've done it probably 5-6 time before :rolleyes: The first attempt, I managed to get past the first week (on step 2), all the others I failed at the first hurdle! I think this time I'm in the right frame of mind & am doing it for the right reason.

The one thing I do find difficult is drinking enough water, I tend to forget, so went & bought a brita optimax water filter for the fridge, mmmm icy cold water. I got it the other day & filled up the whole 8.5 litres & popped it in the fridge to chill. Came back later to get some water, to a drenched carpet & an empty brita filter! It had a crack in it! The whole 8.5 litres had soaked into the carpet, eeeep! Good job we had a vax carpet cleaner to suck it up, but I was still squelching in bare feet for a day lol! Anyway I got my new one today (crack free!) So fingers crossed I'll stick to guzzling my water from now on!

I've been rambling on & boring everyone a bit too much now, so I'll be off for the time being, toodlepip :p

Well it's day 7 today & I'm feeling really hungry :/

I asked my cdc whether I could have any other quorn products other than mince & pieces & she said to try them this week & see how they affect my losses. I had 1 egg & 130g of quorn sausages last night, I'm wondering if the quorn sausage has made me come out of ketosis (If i was even in it in the first place?) I weighed myself today & am the same as yesterday, fingers crossed I haven't ballsed it up :/

Good news though I've already drunk 2 pints of water, yay! I've got my brita filter in the fridge & it's really easy just to fill my glass with the handy tap, so there should be no stopping me now!

I'm planning on making quorn mince burgers tonight with a salad. I'm hoping they'll come out as burgers anyway! 1/2 Pack of mince, an egg & salt, pepper & herbs etc

I'll let you know how I get on! Off to get some more water as I'm tummy is grumbling like hell!

good luck with it, I too had what I thought are hunger pans I'm still not sure if they are or not but im chalking it down to not being them and using the old mind over matter thing!

I am jealous of those of you on SS with a meal, I think going fully SS has been a mistake on my part mostly because the only "meal" I like for an evening one is tomato soup !

good luck with it all though and 6.5 lbs is a good start :D

good luck with it, I too had what I thought are hunger pans I'm still not sure if they are or not but im chalking it down to not being them and using the old mind over matter thing!

I am jealous of those of you on SS with a meal, I think going fully SS has been a mistake on my part mostly because the only "meal" I like for an evening one is tomato soup !

good luck with it all though and 6.5 lbs is a good start :D

Thank you! I'm pretty sure they're hunger pangs, they're noisy enough lol! Just trying to ignore it, but I can't seem to get rid of this flipping metallic/watery taste from my mouth, is this normal!?

Maybe you ought to do ss+? Then you can have a little meal in the evening & it's something to look forward to? It might keep you on the straight & narrow too!

Yeah still pleased with 6.5lbs, I might get to a stone in a few weeks :)

Just tried the new coconut shake, verdict= meh. Doesn't really taste of all that much so you can notice the powderyness. I think I was expecting some kind of yummy pina colada nomness lol Well that's 2 down 1 more to go & a meal later. I've made the burgers & they're chilling in the fridge, so fingers crossed!

I was thinking of doing ss+ instead of step 2 as i'm not that fussed about the milk. Although I can't do it until i'm at a bmi of 40. Now do i sneakily do it anyway or wait? Hmmm.....

Well it's day 11 & I'm definitely in Ketosis, I'm not feeling hungry, just empty which is a really weird feeling! I checked this morning with some ketostix & I'm in need of water! I've been trying to keep up & thought I was but the stick was showing quite a dark pink, also I keep waking in the middle of the night with a tongue like a cactus!

I'm not sure when the tiredness goes? But then I do have a 7 month old who doesn't like sleeping at the moment!

Anyway I get weighed on Wednesday so fingers crossed I've lost a decent amount :)

Back