GSP's journey away from emotional eating

I was thinking, can I actually follow you on MFP?
I use cronometer because I didn't like MFP's interface, though their database is ways better. But it'd be nice to follow people for some ideas.

Hehe, I'm not sure how useful it'll be, since a lot of the time my meals just say things like "Allrecipes--mushroom burger" and a calorie count. But of course you can! :)

Weighed in today, and stayed the same AGAIN. Argh. No losses at all this month so far. I moved MFP up to "lightly active" rather than "sedentary" last week, because I felt SO hungry on 1280 cal, and I walk a lot and use a standing desk, so figured it'd be OK. I've been trying to stick to the 1300-1400 range, even though MFP allows 1500 something on lightly active. Maybe it's because I haven't been weightlifting? I don't know. My back is feeling great now, so I'm slowly getting back to that. I think I should take my measurements to see how I'm doing there; might've lost inches, rather than pounds.

I do remember being really, really hungry on 1370ish a couple of months ago, which is OK now. Maybe I just need to work my way down in calories more slowly than MFP recommends.

Also, I have discovered that I kind of love toddler snacks, haha. Aldi do these raspberry chewy things with puffed rice in them. They're 40 cal per bag, 1 of your 5 a day, and meant for ages 1 year+. Technically I do fall into that range...

Anyway, food!
Breakfast: chocolate avocado smoothie. :D It was GOOD. Been a long time since I had one.
Lunch: leftover pizza and padron cooking peppers
Snacks: the toddler raspberry things, daily chocolate, string cheese, clementine, and cottage cheese+salsa.
Dinner: It's MUSHROOM NIGHT!!! mushroom burger + half a wholewheat pitta bread + broccoli

How about chocolate avocado ice cream? :D (she gives an evil cackle)

:drool:

If you don't add much liquid, and you throw in a frozen banana, the chocolate avocado smoothie can end up textured a lot like ice cream! ;)

:D

Hehe, I'm not sure how useful it'll be, since a lot of the time my meals just say things like "Allrecipes--mushroom burger" and a calorie count. But of course you can! :)

Weighed in today, and stayed the same AGAIN. Argh. No losses at all this month so far. I moved MFP up to "lightly active" rather than "sedentary" last week, because I felt SO hungry on 1280 cal, and I walk a lot and use a standing desk, so figured it'd be OK. I've been trying to stick to the 1300-1400 range, even though MFP allows 1500 something on lightly active. Maybe it's because I haven't been weightlifting? I don't know. My back is feeling great now, so I'm slowly getting back to that. I think I should take my measurements to see how I'm doing there; might've lost inches, rather than pounds.

I do remember being really, really hungry on 1370ish a couple of months ago, which is OK now. Maybe I just need to work my way down in calories more slowly than MFP recommends.

Also, I have discovered that I kind of love toddler snacks, haha. Aldi do these raspberry chewy things with puffed rice in them. They're 40 cal per bag, 1 of your 5 a day, and meant for ages 1 year+. Technically I do fall into that range...

Anyway, food!
Breakfast: chocolate avocado smoothie. :D It was GOOD. Been a long time since I had one.
Lunch: leftover pizza and padron cooking peppers
Snacks: the toddler raspberry things, daily chocolate, string cheese, clementine, and cottage cheese+salsa.
Dinner: It's MUSHROOM NIGHT!!! mushroom burger + half a wholewheat pitta bread + broccoli

Sorry you didn't get a loss - definitely do your inches it often shows in different ways x

Shame about Mushroom night ruining what looked like an amazing days food :8855:

Evening! Day has been... ehhh. OK for the most part. Another house viewing resulted in absolutely nothing. It was everything he wanted, except the area. Which is one thing we definitely cannot change. Getting so frustrated with it. I just want to move already!

Food was good, though:
Breakfast: protein shake thing I picked up on a whim in Tesco after my walk--was pretty good!, then oatmeal.
Lunch: leftover mushroom burger + pitta + broccoli
Snacks: strawberries, chocolates. Also had an egg thing planned, but I wasn't hungry enough for it, so I left it.
Dinner: quinoa enchilada bake

You're right--it'll happen. Just wish I knew when! ;) We're going to get cats when we move, so I'm extra impatient for that.

Spending a lazy afternoon doing absolutely nothing except map out new walking routes. :D Well, and some laundry. My back is feeling so much better. Started slowly introducing weightlifting back into my routine this week, and next week I'm going to do a little bit more.

Food for today:
Breakfast: part of an aldi fruit and nut mix thing, carrots and houmous, strawberries, mini babybel light.
Snacks: chocolate
Lunch: leftover quinoa thing
Dinner: roasted red pepper sandwich, parsnips

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention! Took my measurements, and I've lost an inch on my hips, half an inch on my neck, and nothing on my waist. The waist was moving the quickest before, while the hips stayed the same for AGES, so I'm pleased with that outcome. :D

Last edited:
We're thinking of getting 2, but I'm open to the idea of 3. ;) It all depends on what cats are available in the rescue at the time--whether there are any sibling groups or unrelated cats who have bonded that will be happier being adopted together.

On my walk this morning, I used my HIIT timer to alternate speed walking with my regular pace. Figured it was worth a try, since running hurt my knees and hips too much, but speed walking burns almost as many calories as running. It went pretty well! No aches and pains, and I was breathing harder the whole time. Going to slowly increase the amount of time spent speed walking and lower the time spent at my usual pace. I was reading about how weight loss plateaus are often due to your body getting used to your current diet/exercise and burning fewer calories, so hopefully this (plus reintroducing the weight lifting) will help.

Food for today!
Breakfast: scrambled egg, chocolate smoothie, clementine, daily chocolate, yogurt with lemon and truvia
Lunch: leftover roasted red pepper sandwich, maybe some broccoli
Snacks: watermelon, carrots and houmous
Dinner: Thai tofu cakes, green beans

HIIT is great to give you a boost in metabolism :)
You can also slightly change your diet, like, give yourself a day of indulgence and then go back to the diet. It kind of work for me.
I must admit that I also do it when I reach a plateau and I'm fed up with dieting, then there is a one (or two, three, four) day of indulgence.

Last edited:
Here to sub xx

Hurrah for possible new pussy cats :D

I love HIIT & been doing it more and more recently. Absolutely walking fast with bit of incline gets you puffed :eek:

Fab news on hips moving. Need to redo my inches soon. I've been frustrated as for last 4 months my fat calves have not shifted but I think I can see some action now?!

I want to see the cats!
I miss my dog so much, I wish I could have a pet here (a dog or a cat - I like both), but the places I can afford with my student budget often don't accept them and I also would feel bad when travelling and letting them in a pet-hotel.
I always see people walking their dogs and want to pet them, but friends told me that Belgium people don't like when strangers approach their pets :/

Welcome, mariavon! :)

Oh, believe me, Letzes, I will share pictures! :D There are pet sitters here who will come into your house to feed the cats while you're away, and they pet them and make sure they have a bit of human interaction (and make it look like someone is home, as well). And they'll text you photos to show you how the cats are getting on. I think that's what we'll opt for when we need to go away; will make them less stressed if they're in their home environment, I reckon.

I miss having animals as well. We were once walking past my husband's office really early on a Saturday, and I saw a sign that said something about guard dogs patrolling the building. My response was to say, "Are there really guard dogs?! HELLO DOGGIES! ARE YOU IN THERE? HELLO!!"

A day of indulgence, then back to the diet has worked weirdly well for me in the past as well. Sort of like a reset button, I guess. I might have to try that if I get no results this week.

Yeah, the incline bits on my walk were much more difficult while speedwalking than they usually are! I've never measured my calves, so no idea whether they've gotten much smaller. I've only measured the stuff that you can track in MFP: neck, waist, and hips. I know my calves are fairly muscly--probably from walking so much when I was a lot heavier.

Ooh, another benefit of the speedwalking: got home from my walk 25 minutes earlier than usual. :D

Massive well done on the inch loss :D

Like you say if a day of indulgence works as a reset for you then maybe it would be worth doing a day's worth :)

Hope you have a nice day xx

Back