GSP's journey away from emotional eating

Woohoo for speedier walking giving you more of an evening :D

I did lol @ the hello to guard dogs. Perhaps not the right ones to pet :8855:I totes went nuts over a little springer puppy someone was walking in the city today. Luckily they were fine about it and let me give her a lovely cuddle. I told them all about my now in doggy heaven boy :(

I measured calves as I hate how fat they are & that I can never get boots to fit! My hope is to have lovely slim ones sometime soon ;)

Have a great day hun xx
Thanks! :) It has been pretty good so far.

Massive well done on the inch loss :D

Like you say if a day of indulgence works as a reset for you then maybe it would be worth doing a day's worth :)

Hope you have a nice day xx
Thanks. :D And I would definitely enjoy a day of indulgence! Well, my tastebuds would. The rest of me would probably feel all bleurgh, since I'm not used to that sort of food any more. We'll see where I am on weigh-in day (Wednesday).

Hi grumpy, where are you in the east mids? Xx
I'm in Derby at the moment, but as soon as our house sells, we're planning to move to Beeston. :)

Woohoo for speedier walking giving you more of an evening :D

I did lol @ the hello to guard dogs. Perhaps not the right ones to pet :8855:I totes went nuts over a little springer puppy someone was walking in the city today. Luckily they were fine about it and let me give her a lovely cuddle. I told them all about my now in doggy heaven boy :(

I measured calves as I hate how fat they are & that I can never get boots to fit! My hope is to have lovely slim ones sometime soon ;)
My husband had the same opinion about the guard dogs not being the ones to pet, haha. Awww @ the little springer puppy and telling them about your doggy. :(

I'm not in love with my calves, but I don't hate them, either. They're like... gym teacher calves. Stocky and strong. But I definitely do not hold out much hope for being able to squeeze them into standard size boots anytime soon. :D

Speed walking this morning got slowed down when I looked at my phone and realised if I carried on at the same pace, Sainsbury's wouldn't yet be open when I passed by. Should've left home later!

Food:
Breakfast: clementine, ff yogurt with lemon juice and truvia, french toast with raspberries
Lunch: kidney bean, spinach, and bell pepper salad. Tried to use a very thin omelette as sort of a wrap thing, but it didn't really work. It was good anyway, though. Also, cottage cheese.
Snacks: banana, clementine, chocolate, 3 mini babybel
Dinner: Veggie burger, broccoli, cauliflower.

That looks like a lot to me, especially as the salad at lunch was huuuuuge, but the day added up to only 1307 calories! Love it when that happens. :D

Your food looks fab :D

I know what you mean about having chunky calves. I ended up buying a pair of Jileon wellies so that I could walk the dog in the woods and not ruin my trainers :eek:

Hope you have a good day xx

Food looks great hun
Well done xx

Thanks all. :)

I am SO hungry the past few days! Possible TMI incoming. It feels like my body is gearing up for totm, which honestly would be great, as I usually see a big-ish loss right after that. BUT I don't know if totm is even going to show up, because my gp put me on the mini pill a couple of months ago. It showed last month, but it, err, wasn't its usual self. And now it's late. Losing totm is a possibility with the minipill. I am of two minds about this. 1: AWESOME. Freedom! This must be what it's like to be a guy. 2: Argh, does this mean I'm ALWAYS going to be this hungry if it's not just pms?! Because I could seriously demolish the entire Lidl bakery section right now. And still be ready to tackle the ice cream.

Food:
Breakfast: almonds, oatmeal, string cheese, some of those raspberry toddler snacks, eggs
Lunch: leftover veggie burger, cauliflower, peas
Snacks: banana, clementine, apple, plum, chocolate (more of the chocolates than intended, argh)
Dinner: 1/2 avocado, pitta pizza with goat cheese and onion
1469 today. Went over on sugar and fat.

I think I really need to focus on eating slowly and giving myself time to feel full when I am this hungry. Right now I am just INHALING everything because I feel so ravenous.

I don't have totm for a long time because I take an injection every 3 months, honestly, it was the best decision I could have made. My totm was followed by headaches and pain, like... unbearable.
Even without totm there are some days in which I just want to eat the world, I think my hormones still go crazy every once in a while. I think we just have to cope with that and hope it's going to last for just a day. Perhaps you can eat a bit more on those days and then do more exercise.

But you didn't reach the 1500 calories, which is great :)

I did do more exercise today--6.5 miles instead of the usual 5, keeping up the intervals of speed walking and regular walking the whole time. And tomorrow is a weightlifting day.

It's reassuring to hear that you still have a few days when you're ravenous, in spite of totm being absent. If it's just a few days, like standard pms, but with no totm, I will probably do the first cartwheel of my life!

Here to subscribe Grumpy.

Like you say it could be totm gearing up, which could explain the hunger (which will hopefully ease off soon).

Hope you have a good day xx

Losing totm is a possibility with the minipill. I am of two minds about this. 1: AWESOME. Freedom! This must be what it's like to be a guy. 2: Argh, does this mean I'm ALWAYS going to be this hungry if it's not just pms?! Because I could seriously demolish the entire Lidl bakery section right now. And still be ready to tackle the ice cream.

LOL on the Lidls! I'm peri-menopausal and I just love not having totm, but the hormones still do a tap dance every now and again - and I'm like Letzes, when that happens, I EAT...:D

Today was a bit better, hunger-wise. I made an effort to eat slowly and give myself time to feel full before eating more, which seemed to help. Still no sign of TOTM, though. I feel like if I declare myself one of those lucky women who gets no TOTM on the minipill, it'll show up with a vengeance. While I'm staying at my in-laws' this weekend.

Food!
Breakfast: banana peanut butter smoothie, almonds
Lunch: omelette, carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli
Snacks: cottage cheese, chocolate, apple, banana, protein pancake
Dinner: spinach and goat cheese quesadilla, carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli

Hope you're all having a lovely day. xx

I am SO hungry the past few days! Possible TMI incoming. It feels like my body is gearing up for totm, which honestly would be great, as I usually see a big-ish loss right after that. BUT I don't know if totm is even going to show up, because my gp put me on the mini pill a couple of months ago. It showed last month, but it, err, wasn't its usual self. And now it's late. Losing totm is a possibility with the minipill. I am of two minds about this. 1: AWESOME. Freedom! This must be what it's like to be a guy. 2: Argh, does this mean I'm ALWAYS going to be this hungry if it's not just pms?! Because I could seriously demolish the entire Lidl bakery section right now. And still be ready to tackle the ice cream.

Yup I can bond with everything it that post! Glad it sounds like the insane hunger is passing x

If I look through my 'many' years of food diaries I've definitely got a hunger cycle. The only way I've found to deal with it is extra protein.

Morning! :)

I did have quite a lot of protein yesterday, when the hunger wasn't so bad. I'll have to try that again next time I'm hit by the hunger monster!

Weigh in this morning--lost 2 lb! FINALLY! I think the addition of speed walking must have helped. Going to keep that up. :)

Will be back later to update food for the day/check in with all of your news. xx

Well done GSP.

Back