Guenevere's Food Diary

Guenevere

Getting married July 2011
Hi guys,

I remember some of you from when I was on here before, especially starlight.

I lost 6st 10lb on lipotrim between May and November 2008, I did grand on lipotrim, never cheated once and 3-3.5 lbs off each week but when I refed the weight piled back on, I went a bit mad and was literally gaining 10lb a week some weeks.

So now I'm here, a year later, half a stone heavier than when I started and my hair that fell out on Lipotrim still not grown back.

2009 wasn't all bad, my wonderful boyfriend of 3 years proposed to me just before Christmas and we're in the process of picking a venue for our wedding in July 2011.

I have 18 months to be the most beautiful bride that I can be, so I went to my first weight watchers meeting today with the mother of the bride to be!

I am looking forward to this new challenge!

I will post my daily diary here.

Love Guenevere

Goodluck Hun!!!! If youve done it before, you can do it again!!! And this time you have your wedding as an added incentive! And I just wanted to say, Congrats on the engagement!!!! I'm looking forward to reading your diary each day!
Love Vicky xxx

Good Luck hon, congratulations on the engagement, I'm sure you will make a beautiful bride and I look forward to reading your diary.

xx

Day 1

Thanks Vicky and scattycookie!

I did grand today. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I had a nice day. Mum and I went to look at two venues that I'm considering for the wedding, Moyvalley, and Carton House. I loved Moyvalley. We had lunch in Carton House and then went to the supermarket. Then home and I tidied up and cooked dinner for Paul and I and then we went for a walk.

I had:

Porridge with whole goats milk, and 2 tsp brown sugar and a glass of juice. 6 points

2/3 bowl mushroom soup. 3.5 points

Vegi stir fry with noodles and soy sauce 5 points

Wine (1/2 bottle chardonay) 3.75 poinus
Apple 0.5 points
Popcorn (15g bag) 1 point

Total Points 20
Activity Points 2
Points saved 6 (4 saved and 2 activity)

I am having a few small problems, the first is that as a vegetarian I can't find all that many recipes in the WW magazines, and the ready meals are limited and most vegetarian food is cheesy in restaurants and supermarkets. I am thinking of ordering the american versatile vegetarian ww book. I was wondering does anyone have it and are the american points very different from ours??

The other thing is I have trouble digesting large amounts of cows milk, a cup of tea would be ok, but I always have goats milk for my breakfast, but I can only find whole fat goats milk in Ireland, if semi-skimmed or even skimmed goats milk is available in Northern Ireland I might jump the train every few weeks and stock up, if not it might just have to be my cross to bear.

Hope everyone else had a good day!

Love Guenevere

Hi hon,

you did really well, I am veggie too, not strict on the dairy but really don't eat meat or fish. I was having a look at the WW ready meals and the choice for veggies is absolutely shocking, out of all the meals available the only one that was veggie was some potato wedges thing, I thought I would stock up for those days when the LO is playing up and I don't have time to faf around - there really isn't that much of a selection - least not in my local tesco!.

I lost loads of my hair on LL, I know it only affects some people but my hair was fine to begin with and although it grew back it's still not as thick as it was to begin with but at the time I was getting huge losses every week so it seemed a small price to pay.

Anyway am waffling now, have an brillant day tomorrow.
x

Hi scattycookie,

I really wasn't impressed with the Vegetarian selection either, all I managed to get was a vegetable pasta bake thing. I also stocked up on Quorn cottage pies, which are either 3 or 4 points, but tbh I don't like eating Quorn very often, it seems weird to me. Occasionally I love a Quorn burger but that's only once in a blue moon.

So many people are vegetarian now! I guess ready meals are hard to do vegetarian, especially without loads of cheese but they could do a vegi curry, and maybe a lentil cottage pie. They definitly should have a cookbook at least, I really can't pay the money for the cookbook and only be able to use a fraction of the recipes.

I thought my hair would stop falling out the minute I stopped LT but it continued for a month after and it's only grown about 2 inches in a year and a bit. I have thick hair for the first two inches and then thin hair for the rest of it. I still have to wear a hairband or the short bits stick up. The hair loss wouldn't really have been a problem for me if I'd managed to keep at least some of the weight off, but I didn't.

Yesterday the half bottle of wine made me really drunk! I think it was because I hadn't eaten as much as usual. I ended up eating 2 more little packs of popcorn n only saving 2 points and 2 activity points.

Love Guen

Hi,

I am not a big fan of quorn, mainly because I don't like the texture or taste of meat (hence being a veggie) so the thought of something that replicates the taste and texture of meat doesn't appeal to me, but I have used it to cook for my husband when we have run out of meat and he doesn't seem to mind it at all.

I always get peeved with the lack of veggie recipe's compared to the meat ones on WW, but alas like you said maybe most veggie recipe's call for a lot of cheese.

I remember when doing lighter life, one of the ladies in my group managed to get completely drunk on two glass's of wine - this was straight after abstaining from food for 12 weeks and I guess it wasn't recommended but if you have less food to soak it up it's surely going to affect you sooner?, if that makes sense.

Looking back, just before I joined LL I was at my lowest point mentally, emotionally and physically and my highest weight. I was seriously rock bottom when I joined. I guess I felt so crappy about myself I thought not eating for 12 weeks would be suitable punishment. Not the healthiest of reasons for joining a diet as extreme of LL. I have to say when you are on it, you feel absolutely wonderful, especially when your in ketosis, you don't feel hungry, all choice, all food and therefore all temptation to eat yourself into oblivion is removed - which when you have been a life long yo yo dieter like me is fantastic - you really feel in control.

Gosh, that turned into a bit of monologue! - anyway, off to bed, I hope you had a good day today points wise, and good luck for tomorrow.

x

Day 2

Hey

I found a recipe today in one of my WW magazines for vegi shephards pie using Quorn and puy lentils that I'm gonna make next week. Later this week I'm making butternut squash and quinoa, which I'm a bit nervous about.

Today was grand in the end, I had an afternoon wobble, that quickly passed.

Breakfast was an omlette (2 eggs, water) with mushrooms, onions, chilli and garlic. Was nice but the pan I used was too small so it was a bit thick. 4 Points an apple, and a glass of orange juice 2 Points.

Snack of a goats milk yoghurt, that was unbelievably cream and lucious and tasty and amazing, that I'm saving them for dessert from now on 2 Points

Lunch was a sandwich...and this was really amazing...2 slices WW bread, philadelphia light garlic and herb on both sides, onion, red pepper, 15g light cheddar (loads on so little bread) into the sandwich toaster and only 4 Points

Dinner about two hours later was a fajita, one large wholewheat pitta, more veg than I could eat, salsa galore and 30g light cheddar. 7 Points

Two vodka and diet cokes at Dara O'Briain (who was brilliant) and a kiwi when I came home. 3 Points

Activity was an hour long walk of 5 km which I think is pretty good going, but I wasn't nearly fit enough for it, I award myself 4 Points

Total used 22/24
Activity 4
Saved today: 6
Total saved for week 10

I have been using olive oil instead of the 0 point spray (except for using on baking trays/sandwich makers) and I just measure it with my half tsp or tsp measure and point it instead of just POOOOUUUURRRRIIIINNNGGG on the oil like I used to.

Love Guen

Day 3

Today I had a zumo style smoothie for my breakfast, a banana, 100g frozen yoghurt, 200g frozen berries, 100ml orange juice and some water to thin. 6 Points

Homemade lentil and vegetable stew for lunch (one of my ultimate favourites) with an apple and a kiwi. 6 Points

For my dinner I am having a vegetable stir fry with noodles and soy sauce and a goats milk yoghurt. 6 Points (this is the day of 6 Point meals)

I have six points left then, and I'm going to a houseparty later tonight....kinda torn about what to do. Vodka and diet coke would seem like the way to go........because I can have more to drink....but by having more to drink my resolve might fail me, so maybe 2 glasses white wine might be the winning formula. My other plan was to bring big bags of popcorn along and then I could snack on that and I'd know what I was eating. Ah I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm going to get ready and then have dinner so I'm at my fullest at the party.

Love Guen

Hi, eating before you go to the party is the best thing to do,( thats what I do) and you wont be tempted, and I always bring low calorie food like popcorn or melba toast, something that will keep you full, and I also have zero points soup made for when I get home incase I get hungry. You are doing great so far.

I did the Lipotrim diet about two years and stuck to it and lost 8 stone, but put it all back on. Its a great diet to loss weight quickly but when I came off it the weight went on really quickly. Like you my hair fell out and lots of it even when I was off the diet, went to my doctor and got a blood test because he was very worried ( i taught I would be bald they way it was falling out). I was low in iron and B12 I was put on Vitamins and it is a lot better now, but it does take a while for it to stop, but my hair has never been the same again. (gone very thin)

At least with the Weight Watchers diet you can still have your food and lose weight. Good luck with your weight loss and let me know how you get on and have a good night.

Have a lovely time at the party - I have decided to hibernate until till I have got the hang of this WW thing (I might be hibernating awhile...)

x

Ooohh I love the sound of the toasted sandwich that you had on Day 2!!! It sounds so delicious!!!!! I'm definately going to try that, yum!
Also about the veggie meals. I bought a WW Mushroom stroganoff from my local Tescos. It was in the chilled section, I haven't tried it yet but will let you know what it's like once I've tried it.
And about the milk, do you like soya milk? As they have lowfat versions of that. My baby has to have soya milk, so i've tried it a few times when I've run out of skimmed milk, it takes a bit of getting used to but it's ok I suppose. Probably not as nice as goats milk though.
When I did WW 10years ago (put the pounds back on last year due to pregnancy!), I had a fab no point veggie curry recipe and it was so yummy... but I can't find it anywhere! I've tried making it from memory but it tasted awful! lol.

Thanks for all your responses!

one day at a time, thanks for saying you brought popcorn to parties, I was feeling a bit weird about it, like there would be a giant arrow pointing at me the whole night or something. I did bring it in the end, and it went down really well, it was scoffed and the tortilla chips were left. I'm going to make a 0 point soup next week, but this week I'd already made my lentil and veg stew. I'm finding WW very easy compared to the first week of LT. I actually haven't had sugar cravings, and it's TOTM at the moment, so I'm tentativly optimistic. I wish I knew why I put all the weight back on though... it's hard to believe I gained 7 stone in one year.

scattykookie, hibernation might be a good plan, the idea I had was that I usually eat at home, so by shaking up my evenings I'd find it easier not to eat a six pack of crisps, 2l of coke, a pizza and 200g of chocolate. The party was great laugh actually. It was all my friends from college (I'm on a gap year now and they're in their final year) and I hadn't seen them since I got engaged.

Cookies, that sandwich really was amazing, but so is my lentil and veg stew, I love my own cooking way too much, it might be most of my problem! Do let me know about the mushroom strogonoff because it'd be handy to have choices available in an emergency.
I used to drink soya milk and it was grand, but goats is so so good, I prefer it to even dairy milk, it's so milky and creamy good. I have found out that there is a producer called St. Helena's that does whole, semi-skimmed and skimmed goats milk and they are available in UK stores, I also researched it and apparently you can freeze skimmed goats milk really well. My plan is to take a trip up north in a few weeks (when I have less points) and stock up. Then when I get to goal weight, and I increase my points again I'll switch back to whole milk and I'll hopefully have a baby shortly after so I'll probably need whole milk if I'm breastfeeding.

I did go over my point allowance at that party yesterday unfortunately, it's no big deal cos I had ten saved.
I had 3 vodka and diet cokes, a bag of popcorn and 2 plain buns. 10.5 Points

Total Points 28.5/24
Activity 0
Saved -4.5
Saved this week 5.5

Hi hon,

glad you had a good time at the party - the great thing about WW I'm finding is that I can pretty much eat what I want but it forces me to think about the food choices I am making and encourages to moderate my eating - I practically became a hermit when doing LL - the looks I would get when I used to drink my shakes whilst everyone else was tucking into a takeaway or chips, it was really hard to to explain to people why I was doing it, how it worked - most folk are sceptocal about vlcd's in the end it was easier to stay at home.

As for the curry - I was thinking a mixed veg curry with butternut squash, carrots, cauliflower and maybe a handful of peas and small potato - so not exactly 0 points. I don't use coconut or any creams in my curries - never have really unless specifically making a korma, even then I use low fat yogurt (biopot natural flavoured), most of the curries I make I add loads of cumin, garlic, garam masala (spice mix) and my mum's curry powder (she mixes it herself - I think it is a blend of medium chilli powder, haldi/turmeric powder and paprika ). I also use fresh green chillies, fresh tomato and tinned tomatos and lots of fresh coriander. Oh and if you want to thicken up the masala/sauce I just use some cornflower (not sure how ww friendly it is though)

The best place to go to get any of these (and much cheaper than your usual big supermarket) is asian supermarket - brands such as EastEnd, Raja are normally good and they have the descriptions on the back on what each spice is used for and normally a recipe too.
x

I'm the same scattykookie, I'm comparing this to LT, and how I had no life at all for 7 months. I was losing between 3-3.5 lb a week on LT, I wonder what it'll be on WW? I'm really really hoping to average about 1.75lb a week, do you think that's too much to hope for?? 1 stone every 2 months?

Breakfast today was porridge au pot, very creamy and smooth, with two tsp honey and a glass of orange juice 7 points

Lunch was my old reliable lentil and vegetable stew 5 Points

Dinner I went to my boyfriend's parents house, and it was a bit of a celebration going on there, it was great, lots of chat and laughing, had a great time. I went early knowing enchilada's were on the menu, to hopefully supervise the making of the vegetarian enchiladas, but alas they had been prepared much earlier in the day. It wasn't the time to mention diets, so I ate what I was given and really enjoyed it.
I had 2 vegetarian enchilada's with 2 small pieces of garlic bread, christmas pudding and a scoop of ice-cream. I don't really know how to point them tbh, would 3 points for each wrap, and 4 points between the cheese and the oil seem right?? 2 points for the garlic bread? 9 for the pudding? It's my favourite....I actually squeaked when I was told that it was steaming in a pot on the hob....so I was given a GENEROUS helping, and say 1 for the little bit of ice-cream?? 22 Points.

I went over today, even when I include the extra points I saved during the week. I'm gonna make up for it tomorrow, and get another few activity points. This is the point in the diet when I usually decide that I have failed, and eat my way into the wee hours of the morning. I am determined not to feel guilty, just onward and downward!

Points today: 34/24
Saved points used:5.5
Deficit: 4.5 (to be made up for tomorrow through reduction in points consumed and activity points earned)

Love Guen

I agree with your methodology , just reduce your intake tomorrow, real life includes going to dinner and having the odd indulgence and I guess if we start with the whole I have gone over my points and therefore failed overall mentality then we are not going to get any where fast.

The food sounds lush though, my mouth started watering reading it, but then I am bit of greedy chops today and could quite happily sit here and scoff most of the junk that's in my cupboards.

I think your expectations in terms of pounds lost each week is realistic they say 1-2lbs is the healthiest amount to lose and providing you eat all your points and not going excessively under or over it is do able. I think sometimes you might not lose a lot in a couple of weeks or stay the same and then bam a loss of 3/4lbs to make up for previous weeks - so your estimate of 2 stone every 2 months is totally do-able (I think anyway)

x

Hello! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I had a rough night last night, tough decisions kept me awake, but the interesting thing is I wasn't tempted to come downstairs for food...which is my usual MO. Go me!

Ate well today, I was around the house all day, but I kept busy on the computer, washed the hall n kitchen, on the wii, cooking, tidying etc.

Breakfast: Porridge with skimmed milk, 1 tsp honey and juice 4 Points

Lunch was a Quorn cottage pie, with a side of peas 3.5 Points

Snack of a small pack popcorn and a can of Coke Zero 1 Point

Dinner was really special, I did falafal, with mini M&S wholewheat pittas, onion, tomato, pepper and a point worth of Philadelphia Light Garlic and herb followed by a kiwi. 7 Points I put a lot of time into the presentation and served it on big white plates with all the different components in their own dish, meze style. OH adored it too.

I'm planning on having 3 squares of chocolate and a cup of tea later on watching Private Practice, either that or I'll have a yoghurt, either way 2 Points

Points eaten 22/24 (incl the 4.5 I overspent yesterday)
Activity Points earned: 2 (30 mins on Wii)
Points saved today: 4
Points saved so far this week: 4

Love Guen

Wow Guen,
Your dinner sounds LUSH!!!!! I bet it was soooo nice! Keep up the goodwork Hun!!!! O yeah and you had Quorn Cottage pie for lunch... did you make it or was it a readymeal? Just wondered as it is so low in points. I'll happily eat quorn, I actually prefer the taste of it to real mince. I hope you have a good loss this week!
Love Vicky xxx

good luck with your weight loss, having a goal is always a good thing and i lost 5 stone for my wedding so it can be done! unfortunately 3 of it ha crept back on so wish me luck in 2010 xx

Well done on a good day, your falafel dinner sounds mouth watering - love falafels!

Off topic: do you watch Grey's too - I onloy ask because I love Grey's but never got into PP, and totally missed the last season of Grey's - boo hoo!

x

Back