Guenevere's Food Diary

Well done on the 3.5lbs loss - yay we made it through the first week, had nice stuff to eat and lost!!!

x

Days 6,7,8

Hi guys,

I've had a very busy few days, and only managed to get online for a few mins.

Day 6
Omlette with mushrooms, onions and 1 point cheese and juice. 5.5 Points
Houmous and carrots, Popcorn, bit of banana 5 Points
Curry and Rice 6 Points
Wine Points 3.5
Popcorn & Chocolate 7 Points

Day 7
Fried egg on 2 slices MaCambridge bread with butter 7 Points
2 Fishfingers, 2 Waffles, and beans 7.5 Points
Yoghurt, Banana, Popcorn, and Chocolate 14.5 Points

Went to my WW meeting that night and lost 3.5 lb!

Day 8
Porridge with skimmed milk, honey and juice 4.5 Points
Tomato soup 2.5 Points
Curry and Rice 5 Points
Snacks: Popcorn, Alpen Bar, Pistacio nuts, apple and yoghurt. 8 Points

20/24 Points
4 Points saved

Day 9

Hey guys,

Today was good.

Breakfast: a quick banana and an apple before playing golf 2 Points
Lunch was a panini with my mum and granny in the local coffee shop, had a panini (OMG) with mozarella, onion n tomato. 10.5 Points
Dinner was noodles, soy sauce and loads and loads and veg Points 5
Snacks: Popcorn, WW yoghurt, jelly and alpen bar 2.5 Points

Points eaten 20/24
Points saved 4
Activity Points earned: 5 (really hard uphill golf for hours)
Points saved this week: 13

Hi congratulations on your 3 lb weight loss, you seem to be very motivated and you food diary has a lot of variety in it, which is a good thing, good luck for next week

Hi

re: Veggi Chilli - I have kinda adapted it from one I found on the net ages ago, I only point the kidney beans and sweetcorn (the original recipe had veggi mince and was cooked in olive oil) - it works out to about 3 - 3.5 a serving (medium)

Fry Light cooking spray
1 medium Onion - diced
1 tsp cumin
2/3 garlic cloves finely minced
2/3 green finger chillies finely (if you not used to them then deseed them and perhaps only use the one)
1 tsp of paprika
half a tsp of cayenne pepper
1 - 2 tsp of red chilli flakes (optional - I like my food spicy)
2 green/red peppers - de-seeded and chopped
2 large carrots diced into small cubes
1 small can of sweetcorn in water (any old brand will do as long as not in sugared water)
1 large can of kidney beans (drained)
2 cans of chopped tomatoes with garlic/chilli

Spray a pan with the fry light, fry the onion and cumin until onion is slightly tender and cumin seeds has gone slightly darker, add the chillies, garlic,cayenne pepper, chilli flakes and paprika and cook for a further 1-2 minutes making sure the spices don't burn and stick to the pan - add the peppers, kidney beans, sweetcorn,carrots stir so all the veg and beans are covered in the spices and cook for 1-2mins. Add the chopped tomatos and bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes on a lowish heat (or until veg is tender and the chilli sauce is at required consistancy)

This made enough for me and hubby and still had left overs and tastes even better the following day!

Thanks, oneday at a time, but I wish you hadn't said what you said about my diet being varied, cos usually I do try and eat a high proportion of what I consider to be 'nutritous' foods, fruit, veg, goats milk/yoghurts, wholewheat bread/pasta/noodles and brown rice and some form of veg protein, but today I was very bold and ate junk. :rolleyes:

Breakfast: a kiwi while waiting on chips to cook :eek: 0.5 Point
Lunch: Omlette with mushroom and onion and chips with a tsp mayo 7 Points
Dinner: Quorn burger in a bun with mayonaise, and two helpings of salad with full fat amazing Olive Garden salad dressing! :sigh: 8 Points
Snacks: 2 WW yoghurts (I've caved and am eating dairy instead of goats yoghurts cos I love citrus yoghurts and they're bigger and only .5 of a point instead of 2) 1 Point
2 cans of Coke Zero (hate drinking that stuff, it's 90% crude oil!)
Planned snacks: Popcorn, jelly, Small chocolate 3.5 Points

Total used: 20/24
Points saved: 4
Activity Points earned: 4
Points saved this week: 21 (can't wait for tomorrow night)

You haven't really eaten junk Guen!!!
You've had a healthy omelette, salad, quorn and fruit, so don't worry!!! You eat way more healthy than me.
Pleased to hear you lost 3.5lbs!!!!
Love Vicky xxx

Maybe ur right, the chips, burger n mayo were like flashing neon lights to me tho. I find as soon as I start 'pushing it' in terms of the health of the foods I eat, it's the beginning of the end. You could do WW with entirely unhealthy, processed, sugary, fatty foods if you wanted, but you probably wouldn't stick to it.
I changed my snacks last night to a glass of wine, and popcorn (I've started buying half bottles instead of bottles.)

I'm looking forward to my very mini break! Exciting! I've had my breakfast of an apple and a WW yoghurt, I'm gonna go shower etc now n then we're gonna pack a lunch (I'm thinking soup and carrot sticks). We're gonna drive to the hotel, Then we're hopefully gonna have a walk with a short picnic on it depending on the weather. I love walking in nature! Then back to the room to change for dinner and then I'll have my big dinner and wine! I'll have 45 points for it, so I was thinking of avoiding the butter and bread and only having diet minerals if I have a vodka, but otherwise just having 3 courses (probably goats cheese, mushroom risotto and sticky toffee pudding), I really think 45 points will cover it! And either a half bottle of wine or a bottle of wine! :D

Hopefully I will still have a loss on Tuesday! :candledinner: Wish me luck!

Love Guen

Confession time!

Didn't do great this weekend...or even good...or okay, did badly in fact.

Sat (Day 11)

Breakfast: Apple and WW Yoghurt 1 Point
Lunch: Cod and chips (split chips with bf) 12 Points
Dinner: Goats cheese, Salmon, mashed potato, asparagus, sticky toffee pudding, vodka, half bottle of wine. 25.5

Ate 38.5/24
used 14.5 of my saved points
Points saved week to date: 10.5

Sun (Day 12)
Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre with whole milk, banana, couple of grapes, 1/2 slice of toast and butter. 7.5
Lunch: 1/2 bowl of tomato soup n chips 7.5
Snack: finger of christmas cake 4
Dinner: Vegetarian lasagne, veg. 9
Dessert: pudding n ice-cream 6
Snack: Popcorn , 3 Biscuits and pistacio nuts 13

Ate 46.5/24
Used remaining 10.5 saved points
went 12 point over my allowance this week to date

I am having a very hungry day to day and I have to get weighed today instead of tomorrow because I've a funeral to go to all day tomorrow!

Love Guen

Hi Guen!!!!:)
Oh Hunni please don't beat yourself up about the weekend away! These things happen and are a part of our life! I'm going to say to you, exactly what you would say to me....
Don't worry about it Hun!!! Draw a line under it and start a fresh the next day. Please don't give up!!!!

2 days of indulgence WILL NOT undo all your hardwork to date! (i think I need to take my own advice too, don't you?! lol):eek: We need to change our usual habits. I would normally give up after going over my points, but I'm determined that this time will be different...

So I hope the weigh in went ok today???? You haven't posted yet... I'll check in on you again later. :)

Thinking of you Sweetie!!!!:D
Lotsa love,
Vicky
xxx

Hi hon,

looks like it was indulgent weekends all round! - but all is not lost - its a marathon not a sprint and all that jazz, guess what I am trying to say is don't let a couple of days put you off track. Hope weigh in went well.

hugs

xx

Confession No. 2 and dismal WI results!

I gained half a pound this week, but tbh I'm not as devastated as I thought, because my weigh in was a day early and I amn't usually a weekend indulger. Usually I am so happy that my bf isn't at work that I don't go over my points n I pester him for two days instead.

Yesterday was supposed to be my WI but it wasn't cos I had to go to one of these long funerals and wouldn't have had time so I went on Monday. Problem is I did terrible yesterday too.

It started out grand:
Banana and yoghurt for brekkie cos I was running late 2 Points
Soup after the funeral, one bread roll with butter, cup of tea 8 Points
I resisted a big roast dinner, dessert, and cakes and biscuits and chocolates back at the house after the hotel but...
I came home and ate 2 mini kitkats, and 2 pralines, 4 pieces of prawn toast (WTF????), a few chips and some garlic bread!!!! Then a dairy milk bar!!! 40 Points???

So that was that, and I'll probably be paying for that at my next WI!

Today has been better, thank god.

Breakfast:
Porridge, juice 4 Points

Lunch: Soup, Melon 4.5 Points

Snack: Popcorn 2.5 Points

Dinner: stir fry and noodles with soy sauce. 4 Points

Evening Snacks: popcorn, chocolate, coke, yoghurt 12 Points

Total:27/24
Activity: 6
Points saved 3

Last edited:
Hi,

glad to see your taking it all in your stride, I have been craving chocolate and crisps all week but when I started WW I cleared the house of anything vaguely crisp like (unless you count the snack a jacks) and chocolates - my husband wasn't too impressed but to be honest I really didn't care, I figured if it wasn't in the house I couldn't eat it.

Today sounds like it going well, hope you have a nice dinner.

x

Overly stuffed!! :-(

I am currently digesting a big dinner that I kept eating cos I liked it, even though I was full.

Today I had a breakfast of a mushroom and onion omlette and grapes 5 Points

Snacked on a yoghurt and popcorn 1.5 Points

Dinner was Quorn chilli, cheese, and tortilla chips....mmmm! 13.5 Points

No activity today, so only have 7 points (incl yesterday's banked points for today. Hopefully I won't have a major snack attack and go over!!

Love Guen

Hi hon

Just wanted to say - your dinner sounds lovely - very yummy (I am going through a chilli phase!) and have a great weekend.

x

Days 16 and 17 (has it been that long?)

I had a bit of a snack attack last night, popcorn, 2 kitkats, and a yoghurt, but I didn't go over so it's grand! 6.5 Points

Today was grand too! So far, but it is friday night!

Breakfast:

Banana, grapes
2.5 Points

Lunch: I had this lovely tray thing I found in the M&S food to go section, it was called "count on us... all 5 of your 5 a day" and it was carrot, cucumber, little pot of hummus, apple segments, grapes, berry sauce, and a little pot of pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and rasins. 4 Points I really enjoyed it so I bought one each for Paul and I tomorrow, maybe as a picnic lunch!

Snack: M&S sugar free butterscotch sweets pack 2.5 Points

Dinner: Baked Potato, leftover chilli 6 Points

That leaves 9 points for this evening! God I wish I wasn't having such a hungry week!

Love Guen

Weekend No. 3 and some success!

I had such a great weekend!
On Friday I went shopping, had a driving lesson, had dinner with bf, and then we went for a walk to mum's, had a glass of wine there, walked home and watched a movie!

Friday night:
Wine (less than 2 small glasses) 2.5 Points
Popcorn 2.5 Points
Malteasers 7 Points

Friday: 29.5/24 (but it's ok because I earned 5 activity points and I had a half point saved).

Saturday:
Breakfast: WW Yoghurt, Grapes, Kiwi 2 Points

Snack: Popcorn and sweets 3.5 Points

Lunch: count on us...all 5 of your 5 a day packet 4 Points

Dinner: Cosmopolitan x 2 (6 Points)
Nuts: 7 Points
Wine: less than half a bottle 3 Points
Bread and Butter: 8 Points
Red pepper Risotto: 4 Points
Pasta(was disgusting): 4 Points
Chocolate Tart: 4 Points
Amusee bouche, pre-desert and petit fours 6 Points

Total Points 52/24 ok, a complete disaster...but it'll be ok, I'll reduce my points for the rest of the week and get as much exercise as I can! :rolleyes: Overdraft: 28

Sunday: back on track! :angeldevil:
Breakfast: Banana 1.5 Points
Lunch: we went to the Avoca cafe in the powerscourt estate, and we both had falafal pittas, with roasted peppers and you get a big plate of salads with it, so I had carrot, cous-cous, and a tomato salad. It was AMAZING! It was more dinner than lunch. 12 Points
Dinner:Vegi stir fry with noodles! 3.5 Points
Snacks: Popcorn, 2 pink n whites 3.5 Points

Total Points:
20.5/24
Activity Points 4

So I paid the 'bank' back 7.5 of the points I am overdrawn! Overdraft: 20.5

I know I went over my Points at dinner on Saturday, but I actually feel really good about this weekend! I was away, like last weekend, and I only went over my points at one meal instead of throwing in the towl and giving in at every temptation, which is what I did last weekend.

I really did resist so much temptation this weekend: I shared my Malteasers with my bf on Fri night, instead of eating them all myself, I restrained myself on the wine in mum's, on the was down to Powerscourt I had awful cravings for marshmallows and jelly babies (which I'm not supposed to eat because of the gelatine!) and I resisted even at the garage shop.
When we got there, I wanted to go to the bar for a pub lunch but I ate my m&s houmous, fruit n veg on my balcony. I had what I wanted at dinner, and I resisted the bar of luxury fruit and nut chocolate and a coke that I wanted when I was up all night (combination of hotel bed, and the fact that I can't handle coffee and I had one after my dinner!). On Sunday I resisted hotel breakfast of a goats cheese omlette and pancakes! I had my lunch in Avoca but I resisted the marsbar biscuits and lemon cakes, and cream cakes! I then resisted the chocolates and cakes in the food shop where I was buying Irish honey and vanilla pods. I said no to christmas cake in bfs parents on our way home. I said no the takeaway that was banging at the back of my mind because I didn't feel like cooking! I told bf to take the quarter Christmas cake his parents gave us up to his study and to take it into work today.
I resisted the chocolate bar in the cupboard last night so I could pay some points off my overdraft.

I know I'm not perfect, but I had a really good weekend and didn't give in the many times I could have and I wasn't miserable about it either! I am giving myself a pat on the back!

That said: next time I'd avoid the nuts, the cosmos and the bread and butter! c'est la vie!

WI on Tue! I hope to STS or lose a little!

Not away next weekend, so gonna have a good week next week!

Love Guen

Well done you, you must be very strong to resist THAT many temptations! Well done!!!!

My mouth was watering just reading your descriptions of the things you resisted - you are a stronger woman than I - really well done and here's to a brilliant rest of the week.

xx

Day 20!

Yesterday was not so good! Oooops!

I got up early (for me) and kinda sat around (doing v important stuff! :)) until noon until I decided I should probably eat breakfast! I had an omlette and juice 3.5 Points I didn't eat all of it!
Started doing some housework and come cooking then and had a yoghurt about 3:30pm 0.5 Point
Was starving by dinner time, mum was over and I'd cooked goats cheese tartlets with roasted red pepper and balsamic glazed onions, couscous salad, and homemade poppy seed rolls. I ate a spoon of couscous, 4 tartlets, and 2 bread rolls with butter. 17.5 Points and a pink and white 0.5 Points
I then got very upset with my mum, and when she left I had another pink and white and a caramel wafer bar 2 Points. After many more hours of crying to my bf (ever notice how getting upset about one thing opens the flood gates??) I had a dairy milk too! 5 Points.

Total 29 Points...em...woops....
Overdraft: 24.5 Points

Can I ask you guys an opinion because I have a dilema with my mother, she is quite wealthy and is generous with her money as far as I am concerned, but very controlling with it, and changes her mind at the drop of a hat and would promise something, then say she'll change her mind unless I do something she wants.
I am going to sound like a spoilt brat here, but the plan is that she's paying for my wedding and she won't give me a budget and let me plan it, EVERYTHING has to go by her. I wanted a small week day wedding, and I'd prefer prosecco to champagne but she wants to increase the numbers by 50% and have it on a Saturday. I also want to get married in my bfs parish church which is 45 mins from my mothers house and she's bullying me on that front as well, but the only church I've been to in the last 5 years is my bfs parish because his family are religious and mine aren't. She keeps telling me I'll ruin my wedding by travelling 45 mins to the church etc, and wants me to get married at the venue which is another 45 mins from the church (further away from my mums house). She treatened to withdraw all funds if I spent the night before the wedding with my fiance (because she's single and didn't want to be on her own, not for religious reasons!). She actually called me stupid and said she wasn't wasting her money when I said I'd like a coach to bring people to the venue from the church!
Other complicating factor is that she has agreed to extend the kitchen in the house I live in that she owns and I rent but am buying from her in a few months. She's willing to do it, but again, she won't give me a budget, and will spend money on things she thinks are important, not what I think is important. I have applied to train as a chef next year, kitchens really matter to me, and she raised me on ready meals and sauces from jars and cannot cook.

So, my boyfriend and I have decided that we can't let her pay for the wedding and the kitchen under these circumstances, and we'd rather have a tiny wedding and wait 2 years to extend the kitchen when we own it ourselves. In all reality it'll be a cheaper kitchen than mum'd but in but it'd be our compromises not hers! OR should I shut my spoilt selfish mouth and be grateful?

I really would appreciate honesty here, even if it hurts.

Love Guen

Back