Gums

pineapple

Silver Member
I noticed small spots of blood on my gums yesterday and every few days they feel really sensitive when brushing, I think i read something a little while ago thats its due to lack of chewing on the diet, am just so scared my teeth fall out or summit! I also feel that my chums seem to be receeding if thats possible? Will they repair themsels when am back to healthy eating? I was still wanting another month and half on the diet but scared it gets worse!

im sure as long as you brush really well, including your gums and tongue and use mouthwash , that should help. if your worried about the chewing thing, eat a flapjack ...i used to hate them llike a lot on here but now i actually enjoy them, mostly because im eating something and not glugging :)

h xx

Thanks for your reply.

I have a flap jack every day already so am chewing a bit. Blinking forgot it today tho and never had my breakfast one as I like to keep 2 for the evening, so been gluggling the water all day!

I'm looking forward to my feast of 2 shakes and a flapjack tonight!! LOL!

i do that..sad lot arent we lolol

h xx

Soon to be a sad SKINNY lot!!
xx

Im your girl hun!! Firstly if your gums are receding slightly, they will not grow back but will stabilize. You need to make sure you brush around in circles to avoid making them recede further. Your gums will bleed when there is plaque left on them, like i said last time chewing helps produce saliva which will wash some of it away! You basically need to brush thouroughly and floss also to get rid of all the plaque. No plaque, then no bleeding hun.

Do i sound proffessional lol?? xxxx

how true and damn right!!!

h x

Very pro - gadz, tho I sound like am a minker now! I will take your advise!
x

Tut no you do not, Do you think anybody removes all plaque? Nope! And believe me i have seen some mouths hun!!! Youre prob brushing great but because you're not chewing things are just different x

Lol! Ok thanks. So small circular motions and floss prop. Will deffo make sure take better care. I love my pearly whites!x

I feel bad now hun, just wanted to give you the facts xxx

Oh god my gums started bleeding while I was giving a presentation yesterday, nobody noticed. I've been brushing twice a day but got mouth wash and floss after work!!!
My gums are defo receding, can you tell me why this is happening Tracy?
I can understand the bleeding part but not the receding gums???

Thanks a mill!
xxx

Oh sorry tracey, I never meant to make you feel bad and am honestly grateful for the advice, have been taking better care to do small circular motions and not had any spotting of bloddy since, I am fear ful for the receedng bitty tho, am not sure if its happening or am beng paranoid?! x

When you leave some plaque behind the gums swell up as a way of trying to protect themselves, The blood rushes to this area hence why they bleed when brushed. The gums can appear receded when they are swollen as they are puffy and odd looking if you get what i mean. It could be that when you give them a good brush for a few days they will bleed a lot but dont let the bleeding put you off, go back and brush it again. When they heal they may not have receded.

Or on the other hand like i said they may have receded due to brushing technique, try circular motions and maybe an electric toothbrush!

Hope this helps guys xxx

Lol enjoy Lizzie x

Back