gutted- 1st week extremely small loss

sweet-like-coco

Hi everyone,

My first weigh in is on Thursday and so far i have only lost around 1 pound at most. It is only my first week so although I would have been pleased if this was a loss in my 3rd of 4th week it is really discouraging to lose that in my first week. I have been 100 percent on plan as well.. has anyone else experienced this?

Have you been eating superspeed food? Drinking 2 litres of water a day? Doing body magic?

Dont be disheartened. Keep at it. A loss is a step in the right direction. X

Was this an official weigh in or just a home one as if it wasnt in class I wouldnt worry about it until the proper weigh in.
Weight changes everyday!

Also, if it was in class, DONT worry.
A lot of people have a smaller first week loss and then a massive one the second or third.
Dont give up, it does work.

Have you done a food diary?

Maybe you are making a mistake you dont even realise?

Quite often people will have a small loss the first week, and then make up for it the second week with a big loss then. HOWEVER, you should step away from your home scales! Just wait until your official WI :)

You should only weigh in once a week so ignore that & only go by your official weigh in. My first week I lost 1.5 then I lost 3 & then 4. It can vary. a Lot say your first weightloss will be the most but thats proved to be untrue by my experience!

The weigh in was a peek on the home scales. I am kind of glad i did otherwise i would be really disheartened at the meeting. The only thing i can think of is this:

You know how you get two HEXA and two HEXB are these from anywhere in the book or do the second ones ONLY have to be from the extended list next to the red/green day? I am definitely moving more and drinking more fluids.

The weigh in was a peek on the home scales. I am kind of glad i did otherwise i would be really disheartened at the meeting.

:confused: But it's only Tuesday, and you weighed on different scales to the SW ones. Unless you are certain that your scales match exactly, and I'm not sure you can be after one WI, you can't judge from your home scales. Which is why we're all telling you to step away from them :) I know it's hard, but you really do need to wait until your official WI before you worry about how much or little you've lost. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised :)

I assume then that you are following red and green days then? Hexa and hexb from red pages if on red day, or from green pages if green day. Only one of each on the orange pages if doing extra easy

You know how you get two HEXA and two HEXB are these from anywhere in the book or do the second ones ONLY have to be from the extended list next to the red/green day?

You only get 2 HEX A & B if your on red or green days. If you're on Extra Easy you only get 1 HEX A & B

Not sure what you mean 'from anywhere in the book' - the healthy extra's vary depending on what type of day your on.

If you add your menu's, its easier for us to give suggestions.

Please bear in mind your getting your head round this new way of eating (just eating 1 extra HEX a day can mean you dont' loose weight that week) but IT DOES WORK and there are lots of people on here who will help you on your journey x

hi

my friend put on weight on her first week even though she was 100% - then went on to loose 8lb the following week!!! some people are different... water retention, metabolism etc. factors differently...

keep up the good work!!! it will show!!

I lost 1.5lb my first week, 1lb m second and 1lb my third.
I waited for the big loss and it never came but in all those weeks thinking I wish I had a big loss like everyone else does, before I'd even noticed, I'd lost a stone.

You're different to everyone else. A lady in my group lost 9lbs her first week and 4 her second and has lost more in 2 weeks than I have in 17 but if I compare to her, I'll go insane.
You might just need to make peace with the fact that you're not a "large amount loser". That was advice given to me when I was in the same position. However, until you've officially weighed in at group, all this information is irrelevant. I've lost count of the threads I've seen like this that on WI day, the OP comes back and says "oh nevermind everyone, I lost 4lbs!"

You'll be fine. Stick to plan and you can do no more.
Good luck :)

Most of the time having a big weight loss in the first week of dieting is down to losing stored water, not fat! Dont be disheartened.
Also i dont think you should pay any attention to the scales untill weigh day! I weigh daily and it goes up and down by a few lb's constantly!! I have also weighed the day before weigh day and been dissapointed with what looks like a STS to weigh in officialy and lose 2lb!!

I wouldn't worry at all, especially if you did WI at home...

I sometimes find the 'slimmer of the week' a bit disheartening when I am happy with my 2lb weight loss and they have lost say...6lbs...I want to ask myself, WHAT DID I DO WRONG...but let's be realistic, we are all different with different lifestyles and goals. We will all succeed in the end :)

Back