Gutted.. no loss week 3

Just had my 3rd weigh in & ive stayed the same. I am so gutted cried all the way home and didn't stay at group. Ive not done anything different, weighed HEX's, eaten syns, mixed up my food, drank 3 litres of water a day eaten 1/3 superfree with every meal and stuck to the plan 100% don't know what I've done wrong :(

So sorry to read this- and know exactly how u feel as I'm sure lots and lots of others do too. Stay strong and stick with it- not sure which diet you are on but whatever one it is has to be better than what u were doing before. Don't let this blip get to you so much that you sabotage yourself. xxxx

Not sure how many calories you're having exactly, but any tips I've read always says the same. Increase calories (maybe by about 200), increase exercise, or Zig-Zag your calories over a week. Normal 5 days, increase 2 days (wednesday/saturday...or any days you choose), again only by about 200 or so.

Good luck, and well done you for not allowing this blip to discourage you!!! :winner:

It is frustrating when we deny ourselves of the foods that we love to gain a better health and body. Don't give up. Maybe try and find the foods that maybe trigger your weight gain. For me it is carbs. Ohhhh how do I miss a good thing of french fries. You will figure it out as long as you have will power.

If you're drinking a lot of water - that may be why. Water retention can alter the scales, especially if aunt flo is due to visit soon. Ive only done one week so far, but try and get some coffee into your diet - either black or HEA'd with milk. Coffee 1-acts as a diuretic 2-speeds metabolism! (Tip from a friend, not sure how viable, but hey its free and worth a shot!)
I dont know the ins and outs of (assuming your own SW EE like me - it sounds like you are) this diet yet - im only 1 week in, but you havent put on anything and thats something! Maybe go over your food diary again? Im giving you tips and im sure ill be in this boat at some point, so dont forget to remind me of them when i need this help too - remember, you arent alone and we are always going to having good weeks and bad weeks, c'est la vie! Just try and keep smiling and sticking at it :)
Sorry i cant be much more help :(
Good luck x

don't be too disheartened - personally i think its just your body/metabolism adjusting to the new diet and the weight will start coming off again in no time. Keep doing what you are doing and it will pay off :)

OhCarolina - i would love to be a coffee drinker but i just hate it! i adore the smell of it, i love anything coffee flavoured - except actual coffee! any tips on making it more palatable without loads of sugar? maybe i just need to bear it and i will acquire the taste!

I worked with a man once (when i was the coffee girl) who gave me very specific instructions to make his brew as he didnt like the taste but needed the caffeine kick! It was half the cup to be milk (HEA) and two sugars (sweetener).
Worth a bash - like i say, i dont know how substantiated (is this the right word??) these claims are but a little googling does talk about coffee acting as both things i mentioned (diuretic and stimulates the metabolism) so it could well play a good part in a diet where you are looking to lose weight. Just to reiterate - im not a doctor or anything!

i might try that thanks! yes i have heard the same things. I am a fan of listening to podcasts when i am at work and i listen to one called 'stuff to blow your mind', its just 2 folk that chat about a different topic every week, last week i listened to the one about coffee and they said the same as you. i also got that truvia sweetener this week, its yummy! that might help with the taste :p i'm off to have one now in fact! i used my hex a already on cheese but i haven't used any syns yet so i'll just syn it

Update: the half milk/half water + truvia sweetener combination is yum! will still take a little getting used to tho but i did enjoy it - thanks ohcarolina!

Back