Gutted :(

stephie0611

needs to focus!!!!
we were supposed to be going to Egypt next Wednesday for Xmas, and flyglobespan have just went into administration today.

We booked our flights through them and our hotel through another company.

Should definitely get our money back from flights as it is on credit card, but hotel not so sure, need to wait until tomorrow morning to phone them up.

To say we are gutted, is an understatement :( :cry:

Last edited:
Thanks huni. I've had the worst year, and thought that i would end it with a nice holiday, which has went totally wrong :(. xx

That's really disappointing and upsetting. Sending you (((HUGS)))

Awww honey that is sad for you and the family!!! :(

I hope you get all your money back and manage to have a lovely Christmas nonetheless.

I know this won't help with your dissapointment, but if 2009 has been a bad year and got worse at the back end...2010 HAS to be better right? I know it's not consolation right now, but the year is nearly over and hopefully your luck with change for the better.

Hugs to you xx

Thanks very much all and thanks Christina, i really hope that 2010 is a lot better, it surely can't be any worse.xx

Oh Huney what a scunner! I hope you manage to have a lovely christmas.

Oh no, I'm so sorry about your holiday, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get full refunds for everything, I hope you enjoy a happy christmas. X

I'm so sorry for you I'd be so mad & upset.

Instead of saying you can't go can you try & get flights with another company. I know you'll be paying more money when you haven't even got refunded from your flights. But if it was me I'd be looking at other options. I'd even go as far as getting a 0% on purchases cc for the flights, yep really :p

Shame to waste a nice hotel, warm weather, easy living............

my OH has phoned his credit card company and they have advised we'll get the money back for the flights, so we have went and booked other flights from Glasgow instead of Edinburgh, but means we're leaving 2 days earlier, so i'm trying to communicate with the company we booked the hotel through, and not getting very far, as i'm trying to explain that we now need to change our hotel booking, as we're flying out on "Monday", to this they responded put it in an e-mail!!!!! grrrrrrr!!!!. xx :(

It'll work out hun - it'll make the holiday much more worthwhile! xxx

i really hope so huni, i really need to know today, so i know what we're dealing with, cause we might not be able to get booked into that hotel for the other dates :(. xx

I've just seen this on the news, some people turned up for their flight today and found out at the airport - shocking news.
I'm so sorry that you've had your holiday ruined and hope you manage to recoup your money hun. xx

I feel for you and hope you get a refund, but be aware it will take a long time to get the money once the receivers move in as the creditors go in priority order and guess where the passengers are going to be. Its an awefull time of year for this to be happening as folks look forward to going away for christmas but I am sure as long as you are together as a family, you will have a good time. xx

hope you get it all sorted - i got stung on a holiday a few years back when Air Lingus went into trouble!!! xxx

I love Egypt....sun-tastic!!! xxx

managed to eventually get the hotel sorted out today, got a phone call late afternoon to say they've changed the hotel dates, thankfully!!!! xx

Back