Green Days gutted !!!!!!

mel1

Why oh why when I normally weigh in at 5 pm did I go get weighed at 10am and gain 0.5 lb after a 100% week I thought I would have an amazing loss being in the morning instead of a evening weigh in .. I was so upset I cried ( feel a bit dilly now but I was truely gutted)
Please can somebody shed some light on this PLEASE
My food diary logs every morsel which I put into my mouth so if someone would be so kind as to look through it and tell me where I have gone wrong

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions

Mel xx

I get weighed at different times of the day as work shifts. I was 100% for one week & STS & this week have been a little off track & stayed the same. I have been to morning WIs. Do you look at your weigh over a 4 week period as your body can fluculate

Hi Mel

I have just looked at your food diary. In the past week I can see roulade, scones, yoghurt ice cream, cakes, cupcakes, pizza, chips.

Although these are low or syn free, they still have calories so you should keep that in mind if you are worried about your losses. I think if you up your superfrees, you will soon lose that little half pound and more next week. Good luck :) x

I suspect that it's just your weight fluctuating naturally - perhaps you're a little bit constipated, or star week might be in its way.

I'm not a green day expert, but I had a quick look at your food diary and it doesn't look to me as if you're eating all your hexs - you should be having two HEXBs and one or two HEXAs every day on green.

mel1 said:
Why oh why when I normally weigh in at 5 pm did I go get weighed at 10am and gain 0.5 lb after a 100% week I thought I would have an amazing loss being in the morning instead of a evening weigh in .. I was so upset I cried ( feel a bit dilly now but I was truely gutted)
Please can somebody shed some light on this PLEASE
My food diary logs every morsel which I put into my mouth so if someone would be so kind as to look through it and tell me where I have gone wrong

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions

Mel xx

Is this at class? When and what would you normally eat before wi in the evening? Did you have brekkie before wi or eat something substantial before bedtime the night before? Something as simple as that could account for the gain.

Funky_Munky said:
Is this at class? When and what would you normally eat before wi in the evening? Did you have brekkie before wi or eat something substantial before bedtime the night before? Something as simple as that could account for the gain.

Hi funky munkey thanks for your answer
The only difference was a mugshot quite late last night ... I didn't even have brekkie cos I was up late ? but maybe this was enough to send me over

who_la_hoop said:
I suspect that it's just your weight fluctuating naturally - perhaps you're a little bit constipated, or star week might be in its way.

I'm not a green day expert, but I had a quick look at your food diary and it doesn't look to me as if you're eating all your hexs - you should be having two HEXBs and one or two HEXAs every day on green.

To be honest I hadn't even realised I haven't been having all my hex so thanks for pointing that out to me they might stop me snacking on all the low syn baked goods so much xx

silly sausage said:
Hi Mel

I have just looked at your food diary. In the past week I can see roulade, scones, yoghurt ice cream, cakes, cupcakes, pizza, chips.

Although these are low or syn free, they still have calories so you should keep that in mind if you are worried about your losses. I think if you up your superfrees, you will soon lose that little half pound and more next week. Good luck :) x

Hi silly sausage

Thanks for your comment to be honest this one has been a lightbulb moment most of all, mainly because until I saw all the goodies which I have shoveled in my mouth over the last week actually wrote down in a list like that I didn't realise what a greedy sweet tooth I have been ( embarrassed ) I'm going to try and cut back on this and up my fruit and veg
Thanks again Mel xx

maypole said:
I get weighed at different times of the day as work shifts. I was 100% for one week & STS & this week have been a little off track & stayed the same. I have been to morning WIs. Do you look at your weigh over a 4 week period as your body can fluculate

Hi maypole
I haven't really had a chance to look at my weight loss and measure it over 4 weeks as yet because I'm only on week 5 as of today but I will do that because I hadn't thought about normal bodily flucutuations ( how do you spell that ?)

Thanks
Melxx

I had a look at your food diary and I couldn't help but notice that you had a New York Cheesecake Muller Light one day and didn't syn it.

It's only 1 syn - but it's little things like that that make it all add up :)

There was also quite a good point made in a post recently about the 0.5 syn roulades:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/206352-just-reminder-1-2-syn-roulade.html

I know SW is NOT about counting cals, but fundamentally your weightloss is dependent on yor body using up more energy than you take in and burns fat.

Good luck :D x

Yeah I think I've been hoping for a miracle

it's just when you join slimming world it is sold to you as no measure no weigh eat as much free food as you like ... My head knows this doesn't mean as much as I can possible eat but my stomach wants to believe that's so

I've learned a valuable lesson costing my first gain ... I'm going to try to be healthier I think and up the exercise to counter balance the intake of calories

Just one thing tho I have been looking through some diaries on here and I don't think I eat as much as some so I guess it's about knowing your personal limits ... Still gutted but I will try a different approach this week ( although I have finished off that roulade today )

Melxxx

I never make any low syn desserts as I'm training myself to have desserts as a treat not an everyday occurrence! So if I do have dessert it's a proper one and synned!
After all when I get to target (please God) I'll make SW chips (as they're nicer than anything else) and quite a few savoury dishes but I can't see me making low syn desserts!

Shirleen said:
I never make any low syn desserts as I'm training myself to have desserts as a treat not an everyday occurrence! So if I do have dessert it's a proper one and synned!
After all when I get to target (please God) I'll make SW chips (as they're nicer than anything else) and quite a few savoury dishes but I can't see me making low syn desserts!

I see your point about making the deserts after target.... but I love baking I do it all the time in fact it's probably how I ended up here in the first place... to for me to maintain when I reach the elusive target I think I'll have to keep making the low syn puds or I'll be back at the beginning again

Hi Mel, I've had a look at your food diary (I do all green days too). What struck me first and foremost was how little you eat, not how much. Although you obviously like desserts (scones, roulade, ice cream etc) you're not having much of substance at all. My advice would definitely be to eat more free and superfree foods for at least three meals a day. You'll feel satisfied then and no doubt would cut down on some of the picky things (like the desserts). For goodness sake though don't cut down what you eat further. Sometimes not eating enough is as bad for us as eating too much. Good luck hun. X

I agree with not cutting back, when I cut down what I eat I end up with a gain, I suppose because my body goes into starvation mode and holds onto everything I eat. I would definitely up the water, dehydration can cause gains as your body holds onto fluids causing water retention. I usually drink about 2-3 litres a day of water, and drink green tea the rest of the time.

I also find that when I cut back on food, thats when I tend to crave all the naughty things and end up having a blowout.

Back